Forums46
Topics538,305
Posts9,735,539
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Bearclaw] #6509983 10/25/16 01:51 AM
M
maleroads Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
nice

Welcome - > www.knifeman.com.cn
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Bearclaw] #6561350 11/28/16 02:43 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Need to resurrect this.

I own property in Southern Montague County but live in Hurst. I have a mobile home(white trash trailer house), tractor and several out buildings with tools, etc there. It is quite secluded. Somebody cut the lock on my gate Friday night. I assume that they came in and left when they saw my pickup and Wifes car. I figure the druggies will be back and have reason to believe that they know I don't live there. I hauled a lot of stuff home but need to get more from there this week. Also need to remove the battery from my tractor or install a kill switch of some kind.

I'm in the market for a game camera and non AT&T phone plan that will send pics to my Email address. From 70 miles away, I can only expect to get pics to give to the Sheriff. Also a good chance that the cam will be stolen when the pic gets taken. I'm not wealthy but can live with that. I did put up a couple of no flash cams but the nighttime pics are pretty poor.

Suggestions and/or thoughts?

BTW, my Wife nixed the idea of a shotgun and trip wire.

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 11/28/16 02:43 AM.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Dave Davidson] #6561866 11/28/16 02:43 PM
N
Night Hunting TV Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
Need to resurrect this.

I own property in Southern Montague County but live in Hurst. I have a mobile home(white trash trailer house), tractor and several out buildings with tools, etc there. It is quite secluded. Somebody cut the lock on my gate Friday night. I assume that they came in and left when they saw my pickup and Wifes car. I figure the druggies will be back and have reason to believe that they know I don't live there. I hauled a lot of stuff home but need to get more from there this week. Also need to remove the battery from my tractor or install a kill switch of some kind.

I'm in the market for a game camera and non AT&T phone plan that will send pics to my Email address. From 70 miles away, I can only expect to get pics to give to the Sheriff. Also a good chance that the cam will be stolen when the pic gets taken. I'm not wealthy but can live with that. I did put up a couple of no flash cams but the nighttime pics are pretty poor.

Suggestions and/or thoughts?

BTW, my Wife nixed the idea of a shotgun and trip wire.

Sorry to hear that.

If your on Verizon the HCO Spartan Gocam can connect for $5 a month to your cell plan, after tax is somewhere around $5.92 I believe. Uses very little data and seems to be easy on the batteries. If you go a different route they also sell bear boxes for most of the cameras nowadays.

Thermal & Night Vision Videos
Hog & Predator control
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/NightHuntingTv/
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/c/NightHuntingTV
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Bearclaw] #6562663 11/28/16 10:26 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I think I've figured it out. I'm going with ring.com. I'll have to buy a couple of cameras and get local internet.

Internet $45 per month. Only one company services the area but is report to be pretty good.

Then ring.com $200 for each camera. I'll buy 2. Then $30 per year per camera. Pretty amazing company.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6563234 11/29/16 03:41 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
the hogs on my lease come in eat up all the corn and are gone in a matter of minutes..so unless you are close..that particular scenerio would not work for me..but agree these cameras have much more to offer..i am looking to buy something like double naught spy has..been following his posts on covert for several years now..very intrigued

Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Dave Davidson] #6564112 11/29/16 07:41 PM
N
Night Hunting TV Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
I think I've figured it out. I'm going with ring.com. I'll have to buy a couple of cameras and get local internet.

Internet $45 per month. Only one company services the area but is report to be pretty good.

Then ring.com $200 for each camera. I'll buy 2. Then $30 per year per camera. Pretty amazing company.

That sounds pretty expensive for annual and monthly fee. I didn't look at the quality of picture or video it puts out but seems high to me. Most of the cell cameras can record video. and still send you the picture. and a lot cheaper a month. Whatever the cost to protect your assets is what its about though.

Thermal & Night Vision Videos
Hog & Predator control
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/NightHuntingTv/
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/c/NightHuntingTV
Re: BearClawCam - Wireless/Cellular Trail Cam [Re: Bearclaw] #6566841 12/01/16 12:55 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I'm not as worried about the $ as I am sleeping nights. I live 70 miles away and have hauled a lot of stuff out of my mobile home. Took my big tool box and tools out of the office type construction trailer and put box and tools in my shipping container. It has a PITA shield over the lock. It's going to take 30 days to get internet that I've never wanted there. My Wife wouldn't go for leaving the doors unlocked so I figure that, during the 30 days, there is a good chance that the windows or doors will be damaged so they can get in. I spent $85 on a new chain and lock. That gives me 2 pretty good locks on the front gate.

I figure during that 30 days I'll still be making a lot of trips and losing sleep. I'm pissed.

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 12/01/16 12:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide