KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
I wonder how many in this thread would be happy if the police recovered their stolen ATV and would not be challenging the officer about why he made the stop?

Come on MAN! Yes, I would still be challenging them! So let me get this straight....it's ok for them to walk all over my rights guaranteed by the constitution in order to "maybe" find your atv? And how many people have to have their constitutional rights trampled on in order to satisfy you? That's part of the problem we are dealing with nowadays...since 9/11...they infringe a little here, they infringe a little there because hey we are scared and having our fears satisfied is more important than our rights!, and before long we wake up living in a police state. People need to wake up...

You better go buy another 10,000 rounds of 22 ammo and hide in your basement because we're coming for you. BOO! clap

boxing roflmao loco clap

rofl

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507150 10/23/16 03:06 AM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Some of you guy's should drive 18 Wheeler's if you think you are getting harassed by the law. I've spent the last 34 years getting harassed by them on nearly a daily basis.
I can't count the number of times I've gotten warning tickets just because I show the officer's a little respect and courtesy.
Any city-county-state-or federal DOT officer can stop me for anything,any time they want,just because I drive a commercial vehicle.

Most are just doing the job they hired on for,not trying to profile you.

You don't have to answer any questions they ask if it doesn't pertain to why they stopped you,if that's the way you feel about it. But,they can detain your travel for a long time if you act like a jerk towards them.

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507245 10/23/16 11:46 AM
T
TexasUplander Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I spent a number of years as an LEO and as far as i am concerned, the public distrust is quite justified! The LEO community is the biggest "gang" in the country imposing their will on unsuspecting "victims" all while being some of the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth! Dont get me wrong, i still have some dear friends who are LEO and they are stellar human beings just doing a job, but there are at LEAST 50% in the field that have no business whatsoever having the authority and responsibility that they do! If i were pulled over for a "speed check" i would be PIZZED and so would any current LEO if the contact didnt go their way.
Case in point: i was pulled over a couple weeks ago for no lights or plate on my farm trailer. When he asked if i knew why i was pulled over i honestly had no idea but when he told me i was fine with it and intended to take my citations and move on. He then asked me to "prove" the trailer was mine. I "advised" him that trailers were not required to be titled in texas. He then stated if i couldnt prove the trailer was mine it was going to be impounded and i was going to be "detained", meaning arrested! I told him that he couldnt do that and spouted off some of the penal code as i remember it. He stated it was a new "mandate"(meaning a mandatory confiscation and arrest when not proving ownership which i still believe was a lie) and asked me how i knew those penal codes. His response after i told him i was former LEO........"let me turn off my camera and mic"!
SCUM, plain and simple
If you choose to allow the rampant deterioration of your rights to continue, there will soon be none left to defend.

Re: Profiled! [Re: TexasUplander] #6507634 10/23/16 06:51 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
ChuckW, either you or he is mistaken. If you're trailer is registered incorrectly then it could possibly be impounded. A shop built trailer, registered as homemade would be one such example. And trailers with a GVWR over 4000 lbs are in fact titled.

Bottom line, the days of registering your trailer any way you like are over. The days of switching one plate between all your trailers are over.

As to the claim that half of officers are somehow crooked is a tall claim. Makes me wonder why you're not in LE anymore. Sounds of sour grapes. But that's none of my business, and I don't really care to hear any explanations.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507636 10/23/16 06:54 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
popcorn

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507642 10/23/16 06:59 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
popcorn

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507660 10/23/16 07:24 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
LP.... whip

rofl clap cheers

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507715 10/23/16 08:13 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Looks like a great target audience on this thread for my tin foil hat special I have going in the classifieds section. $19.95 and free shipping...PM now limited quantities.

Re: Profiled! [Re: TexasUplander] #6507718 10/23/16 08:14 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Chuckw
I spent a number of years as an LEO and as far as i am concerned, the public distrust is quite justified! The LEO community is the biggest "gang" in the country imposing their will on unsuspecting "victims" all while being some of the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth! Dont get me wrong, i still have some dear friends who are LEO and they are stellar human beings just doing a job, but there are at LEAST 50% in the field that have no business whatsoever having the authority and responsibility that they do! If i were pulled over for a "speed check" i would be PIZZED and so would any current LEO if the contact didnt go their way.
Case in point: i was pulled over a couple weeks ago for no lights or plate on my farm trailer. When he asked if i knew why i was pulled over i honestly had no idea but when he told me i was fine with it and intended to take my citations and move on. He then asked me to "prove" the trailer was mine. I "advised" him that trailers were not required to be titled in texas. He then stated if i couldnt prove the trailer was mine it was going to be impounded and i was going to be "detained", meaning arrested! I told him that he couldnt do that and spouted off some of the penal code as i remember it. He stated it was a new "mandate"(meaning a mandatory confiscation and arrest when not proving ownership which i still believe was a lie) and asked me how i knew those penal codes. His response after i told him i was former LEO........"let me turn off my camera and mic"!
SCUM, plain and simple
If you choose to allow the rampant deterioration of your rights to continue, there will soon be none left to defend.

This guy was fired for sure. Couldn't cut it.

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507768 10/23/16 09:05 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Too many reasons to distrust LEOs. A badge can change a person. Many have forgotten that they work for us, and have chosen to be above us.
I have many friends and close family that are officers with local police, federal, DPS, military, etc. They all do not trust other officers and advise me to do the same. The encourage me to not give an officer cause or there will heck to pay, even if you are innocent.
I personally have been abused by an officer, it isn't a pleasant experience. And there isn't a dang thing that you can do about it.
So if you are supposed to trust LEOs; then I choose to trust the ones that tell me not to trust them.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Profiled! [Re: LandPirate] #6507812 10/23/16 09:54 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: LandPirate
ChuckW, either you or he is mistaken. If you're trailer is registered incorrectly then it could possibly be impounded. A shop built trailer, registered as homemade would be one such example. And trailers with a GVWR over 4000 lbs are in fact titled.

Can you show me that law?

I own four trailers, three have a GVWR above 4000 lbs, and not a one has a title.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Profiled! [Re: J.G.] #6507817 10/23/16 10:00 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

I own four trailers, three have a GVWR above 4000 lbs, and not a one has a title.

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/trailers

Go to Title Manual on the right then start at section 5.5 in that pdf.

Over 4,500 also now need inspections.

To be determined
Re: Profiled! [Re: txbobcat] #6507826 10/23/16 10:11 PM
T
TexasUplander Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
SCUM, plain and simple

The department i left would take me back in a HEARTBEAT. I realized that i would never "make a difference" like so many set out to do. I also realized i would never make the amount of money i wanted to. Kind of like cowboying when i was younger. Also, you are an idiot.

Re: Profiled! [Re: TexasUplander] #6507832 10/23/16 10:18 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
SCUM, plain and simple

The department i left would take me back in a HEARTBEAT. I realized that i would never "make a difference" like so many set out to do. I also realized i would never make the amount of money i wanted to. Kind of like cowboying when i was younger. Also, you are an idiot.

Just as I figured you were run off...your attitude wouldn't last long.

Re: Profiled! [Re: TexasUplander] #6507844 10/23/16 10:28 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Also, you are an idiot.

roflmao

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: Profiled! [Re: T Bone] #6507849 10/23/16 10:29 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: T Bone
Also, you are an idiot.

roflmao
rofl

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Profiled! [Re: SnakeWrangler] #6507861 10/23/16 10:37 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: T Bone
Also, you are an idiot.

roflmao
rofl

roflmao Jeez, that was uncalled for.

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507867 10/23/16 10:43 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
The trailer confiscation deal is real. There's a statute that makes it dang near impossible to get one back - even if you later produce title and show no violations. First thing statute requires is that you file a legal writ to get it back with the precinct where it was impounded within 24 hours.

99.9% are gone at that point if they want to keep it. Bunch of other hurdles if you make that one. It's legal theft, plain and simple. Years back several smaller counties were abusing it to the max, keeping some, selling the rest.

I don't hear near as much about it now, but you are at their mercy.

My SWAG at percentage ratio on officers who are stellar public servants vs. taking up space vs. obnoxious power-tripping goons is 20/60/20.

Before you LEOs get ticked IMO teachers/coaches/school administrators is roughly the same - and my wife is a teacher.

My profession about the same. I suspect most are.

"Speed check" is a euphemism for "I don't have probable cause but I'm going to jack with you a while and see if you are doing anything wrong. If you are and it's big enough I'll make up some PC later."

Last edited by Nogalus Prairie; 10/23/16 10:44 PM.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507913 10/23/16 11:16 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
How do y'all live a normal life with all these feelings of law enforcement and how you will be mistreated. I get stopped maybe once a year, and have never been mistreated. Only y'all and Obama have been mistreated, and the BLM guys.

It was a simple stop, now we are to half are corrupt. Come on.

Also, they way I understand it all that is needed to stop a car is reasonable suspicion. Probable cause is for arrests.

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507931 10/23/16 11:37 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I was referring to a search.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Profiled! [Re: TurkeyHunter] #6507943 10/23/16 11:47 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/trailers

Go to Title Manual on the right then start at section 5.5 in that pdf.

Over 4,500 also now need inspections.

Thank you.

They sure have made things difficult.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507971 10/24/16 12:01 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Man alive...these threads make me bang bang bang

The sense of entitlement runs strong in this group. I think the fact that someone has a badge is what makes some of you mad more so than anything that they have actually done.

Reminds of me of those youtube videos of "Steve"...."I KNOW MY RIGHTS" rofl

A few people in this thread have talked about it being the officers fault that there is mistrust. I blame it on a lot of things, including someones raising, and rarely is the officer the one that gets the blame. Most are just out to do their job and they run across some Google expert that "knows his right" and spews out some code he thinks he read somewhere.

There is no doubt there are some terrible officers and some jaded officers. Same in any profession. Guess we shouldn't trust anyone in this world because there isn't a profession that doesn't have bad apples. soap

As a side note, I have had more than my share of encounters. Some good, some bad and I can assure you that I have been profiled before. Long story short, white kid, big truck, south oak cliff, 4:45am, meets a black officer...Only reason I was pulled over was because of the color of my skin. Didn't bother me for a second and sure didn't get mad at the officer.

Carry on smh

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6507984 10/24/16 12:09 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Had to have the Icing on the Cake pop in roflmao

Place gets stupider and stupider everyday rofl

Re: Profiled! [Re: Roll-Tide] #6508028 10/24/16 12:29 AM
T
TexasUplander Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Roll-Tide
How do y'all live a normal life with all these feelings of law enforcement and how you will be mistreated. I get stopped maybe once a year, and have never been mistreated. Only y'all and Obama have been mistreated, and the BLM guys.

It was a simple stop, now we are to half are corrupt. Come on.

Also, they way I understand it all that is needed to stop a car is reasonable suspicion. Probable cause is for arrests.

Please explain how a "speed check" is a normal stop? Its a matter of fact that this was a case of "profiling" and it will become all too common. I CAINT WAIT until it happens to you!

Re: Profiled! [Re: LarryCopper] #6508047 10/24/16 12:40 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
First off your taking the poster's word for the stop. Thats your first problem.

Secondly, i dont know what a spped check is, maybe that shouod be cleared up before the post. Maybe its just bs, for there is a bunch of poaching in the area.

Third, cant wait for it to happen to me? What a stop where im let go. It happens all the time. Im ok with it, im ok with airport stops, im ok with stop n frisk. Im ok with DL/insurance checkpoints.

Chuck, thats your opinion and thats ok. i See it different....

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide