Forums46
Topics538,021
Posts9,731,919
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: txtrophy85] #6374062 07/19/16 03:08 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Why does a deer rank higher than a hog?

In some places wild boars rank just as high if not higher than most ungalets
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

For me a deer is the ultimate game animal. A hog is nothing but a pest to be exterminated.

A hog is twice as smart as a deer. There are a lot of things more ultimate than a deer

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

T.P.& W. does not define them as game animals.

They are not natural to the habitat.

They are invasive.

They are costing Texas farmers and ranchers millions due to their destructive manner. I fell the pain they cause, on my little 70 acre place. They've ruined great hay ground, and caused expensive damages to my tractor and implements.

I hate their guts and livers, they all should die by any means necessary, young and old.

The few deer in my area aren't causing any trouble.

Deer are just as destructive in certain areas in the state.

I've just never understood the blind hatred for hogs. I hate turkeys a lot more than hogs

You can't be serious!!! troll

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6374090 07/19/16 03:42 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline OP
Minor in training
OP Offline
Minor in training
C
TT85 is basically saying respect hogs, just as any other game animal. And, the definition of the word game has to do with hunting, and hogs are hunted--sorta. Hogs are more exterminated and shot than hunted, in the inflicted parts of the worlds, especially here in Texas.

If you're having hog troubles, then you don't think it deserves any respect or that it's life is worth anything, especially conserving that there's no tag or bag limit. If you're not, then they're a pastime, like for me (I rarely hunt pigs).

I really doubt THF is the proper setting for a philosophical discussion the value of animal life, with religious, ethical, and logical factors involved, so just leave it be. Me and TT85 will respect pigs and y'all can gut shoot them at a 1000yd, if so you please. (That's a playful remark. I'm not out to get you or dishonor your family, magnum cartridge, 6.5mm or pet dog. Don't implode.)

Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6374376 07/19/16 01:35 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Originally Posted By: Choctaw

For me a deer is the ultimate game animal. A hog is nothing but a pest to be exterminated.

A hog is twice as smart as a deer. There are a lot of things more ultimate than a deer

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

T.P.& W. does not define them as game animals.

They are not natural to the habitat.

They are invasive.

They are costing Texas farmers and ranchers millions due to their destructive manner. I fell the pain they cause, on my little 70 acre place. They've ruined great hay ground, and caused expensive damages to my tractor and implements.

I hate their guts and livers, they all should die by any means necessary, young and old.

The few deer in my area aren't causing any trouble.

Deer are just as destructive in certain areas in the state.

I've just never understood the blind hatred for hogs. I hate turkeys a lot more than hogs

You can't be serious!!! troll

Marc I grew up in an area that Deer where thought of as vermin.. With that said ask me about my opinion of pronghorns(aka the true plains pasture maggot)

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6374459 07/19/16 02:37 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Bobo my buddy is a farmer for Del-monte and they have entire fields destroyed by pronghorns and elk.

Every elk they see gets shot on sight. The pronghorns as many as they can get permits for

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6374470 07/19/16 02:49 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Why do you view pronghorn this way Bobo?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 07/19/16 02:50 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6374482 07/19/16 02:55 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I'm not a hog fan. I don't care how they die. They are non-native scum to me.

That's somewhat hypocritical to some, no doubt. They are just in the same category as rats and nutria to me....

I shoot coyotes because my place has plenty of them. If they were few and far between I would leave them alone. At least they are native and have always been in the food chain.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6375274 07/20/16 01:42 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
When I was growing up I couldn't stand the people with air conditioned cabs. We had two John Deere A's, a Model B(Popping Johnny), a Minneapolis Moline and an Oliver. We didn't farm, strictly ranched so our tractors were only using for haying, bush hogging and occasionally planting winter rye.

There were no hogs when I was growing up and not as many coyotes but plenty of deer. I'm in my late 50's and have killed many many deer. In the 60's and 70's we wore blue jeans and army surplus jackets, didn't feed and sat in home made stands. That is still how I hunt deer, though I don't hunt them much anymore. I also have nothing against feeders but for me there is no challenge. If I had to pay for a lease I know it would be a different story, you gotta get a return on your money.

I do enjoy hunting hogs, don't hate them and feel they should be killed as humanely as any other animal.

I think I enjoy hunting coyotes the most and get a huge rush out of shooting the occasional bobcat.

I also enjoy hunting Axis deer, to me they are more of a challenge than Whitetail and taste much better.

YMMV.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Neat Chuck Hawks article that will likely offend the magnum fangirls [Re: chital_shikari] #6375292 07/20/16 01:50 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I can see why some don't like hogs. Personally I get more thrill out of hunting hogs than deer though. I hunt a lease where I can pretty much go out and see deer just about every hunt so shooting one aint that big of a deal to me. Of course I get excited about a big buck but there aint too many of those around where I hunt. Hogs on the other hand........they get BIG where I hunt and it never gets old trying to hunt them down. As a bonus they taste great too!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide