Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Larue ARs [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #6321667 06/03/16 08:19 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
I have carried and shot the snot out of nearly every AR here, and for reliability, it's hard to beat broken in properly maintained Colts. Even compared with rifles twice or more that price.

I have also loved Bushmasters, Smith's, stag, Rock River, CMMG, Core, Sig, and many others. To me, for what I want in a carbine, I don't need a 2k+ Wilson, LaRue, etc.

This ^^^^ Basically what I said at the beginning of all this... up

Re: Larue ARs [Re: KRoyal] #6321675 06/03/16 08:26 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Originally Posted By: Cleric
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Originally Posted By: dune2218
cops dont need or use M-16's--------------- its just a dress-up accessory to make them feel important as they are giving tickets. There is no practical use for them. MABE the swat team,, but that's about it. At least I"m glad to hear the tax payers are not footing the bill, making the leos buy their own guns. Larue's are super accurate,,, which is not needed in a cops gun. No cop has ever made a 700 yard shot with an m-16----ever------- IN Waco they were shooting around 60-80 yards at the motorcycle gang,, any gun is accurate at that range. But pretend costumes are fun for leos.

The troll is strong with this one..

i would say this is not trolling as there are some people that do not think every cop needs an ar.

I can understand why people would debate this as there are pluses and minuses on either side.

What are the minuses? If I can walk down the side walk with an AR strapped to my back legally why in the hell would a cop not be able to have an AR in his patrol vehicle. It is hurting absolutely no one for them to have it, and could save a lot of lives in the instance the LEO needs that rifle. There is not one minus to a LEO having a patrol carbine.

some people think that having police walking around with ARs and tactical gear is not the right decision. That it creates an more adversarial force as opposed to helping force.

There is also an argument that to continue have certain equipment, it has to be justified, therefor the scope of when it gets used is expanded beyond the original intent.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: dfwroadkill] #6321696 06/03/16 08:40 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
I have carried and shot the snot out of nearly every AR here, and for reliability, it's hard to beat broken in properly maintained Colts. Even compared with rifles twice or more that price.

I have also loved Bushmasters, Smith's, stag, Rock River, CMMG, Core, Sig, and many others. To me, for what I want in a carbine, I don't need a 2k+ Wilson, LaRue, etc.

This ^^^^ Basically what I said at the beginning of all this... up

For you and what you want in a carbine....

For me and what I want.....I own a Wilson. And I enjoyed shooting it out to 1000 yards last weekend and killing pigs with it any any distance. I get a kick out of shooting it long range, so it's worth the extra coin for me. up

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 06/03/16 08:42 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Larue ARs [Re: Cleric] #6321712 06/03/16 08:48 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Agree but on most occasions the AR is stored inside the vehicle and only used for certain circumstances. I don't think I've ever see a police officer just walking around with an AR.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6321728 06/03/16 09:01 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

For me and what I want.....I own a Wilson. And I enjoyed shooting it out to 1000 yards last weekend and killing pigs with it any any distance. I get a kick out of shooting it long range, so it's worth the extra coin for me. up

And I made that point basically also. I own a Wilson and love it. So does my SWAT friend and SF friends...but it is used for hunting. I think high end AR's may be an overpriced, ego buy for how they get used for day to day LEO purposes depending on what your specific role is. As I said, I don't believe my SWAT friend has had to fire his in "anger".

Last edited by dfwroadkill; 06/03/16 09:13 PM.
Re: Larue ARs [Re: dfwroadkill] #6321738 06/03/16 09:11 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

And I made that point basically also. I own a Wilson and love it. So does my SWAT friend and SF friends...but it is used for hunting. I think high end AR's may be an overpriced, ego buy for how they get used for day to day LEO purposes depending what what your specific role is. As I said, I don't believe my SWAT friend has had to fire his in "anger".

I think you are right. They would be better off with a shorter barrel reliable platform like SapperTitan just built for his second 6.8. He shot it out to 500 yards easy with a vortex 1-4. I think he told me he had about 1800 total cost in it with the glass.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Larue ARs [Re: LFD2037] #6321740 06/03/16 09:11 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: LFD2037
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

I've hurt feelings saying it in public, Tikka. I said I wouldn't do it again.

You know I have two Tikkas. loco [/quote]
I'm thinking Ruger. [/quote]

The Feds just started going to Rugers a few months ago. Maybe Ruger has stepped up their game.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Larue ARs [Re: Brother in-law] #6321748 06/03/16 09:15 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

Richard????does He go by Dicck???

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Larue ARs [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6321749 06/03/16 09:16 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S

And I made that point basically also. I own a Wilson and love it. So does my SWAT friend and SF friends...but it is used for hunting. I think high end AR's may be an overpriced, ego buy for how they get used for day to day LEO purposes depending what what your specific role is. As I said, I don't believe my SWAT friend has had to fire his in "anger".

I think you are right. They would be better off with a shorter barrel reliable platform like SapperTitan just built for his second 6.8. He shot it out to 500 yards easy with a vortex 1-4. I think he told me he had about 1800 total cost in it with the glass.
Yep right at about 1800 and was pleasantly surprised how versatile it was with that 1-4. With the right conditions I'm positive i could get it out to 800

Re: Larue ARs [Re: dune2218] #6321853 06/03/16 10:37 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
cops dont need or use M-16's--------------- its just a dress-up accessory to make them feel important as they are giving tickets. There is no practical use for them. MABE the swat team,, but that's about it. At least I"m glad to hear the tax payers are not footing the bill, making the leos buy their own guns. Larue's are super accurate,,, which is not needed in a cops gun. No cop has ever made a 700 yard shot with an m-16----ever------- IN Waco they were shooting around 60-80 yards at the motorcycle gang,, any gun is accurate at that range. But pretend costumes are fun for leos.

Cops don't need AR's just like civilians don't need AR's. It's just to make your ego feel better about being so ignorant. rolleyes

And the word is "maybe" not MABE

How accurate are you at 60-80 yards with a pistol? I'd rather take that shot with a rifle

Keep trolling

Re: Larue ARs [Re: dune2218] #6321982 06/04/16 12:55 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

^^^ clueless

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6322159 06/04/16 04:13 AM
T
TRoberts Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I think the average guy on patrol needs a minimalist light weight 10.5" AR. Would be nice to have that department wide and suppressed. That way there is no doubt who is who when the bs hits the fan.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
He gave me plenty.
Re: Larue ARs [Re: TRoberts] #6322179 06/04/16 05:04 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: TRoberts
I think the average guy on patrol needs a minimalist light weight 10.5" AR. Would be nice to have that department wide and suppressed. That way there is no doubt who is who when the bs hits the fan.

I agree with the 10.5 inch AR, but not the suppressor. Because when the SHTF your adrenaline will be kicking and chances are you wont even here the shots, but you will want the other guys on your team to here them. That's a big reason as to why operators only run 1 ear plug

Re: Larue ARs [Re: TRoberts] #6322539 06/04/16 06:09 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
up

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Larue ARs [Re: BigPig] #6322577 06/04/16 06:56 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: BigPig

I agree with the 10.5 inch AR, but not the suppressor. Because when the SHTF your adrenaline will be kicking and chances are you wont even here the shots, but you will want the other guys on your team to here them. That's a big reason as to why operators only run 1 ear plug
I've never worn ear plugs while on a foot patrol and barely remember hearing the shots me and my team were shooting. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing. Your brain puts all the focus on what it is using which is mostly hands and eyes I guess the brain feels hearing isn't as important in a life and death situation.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6322673 06/04/16 08:23 PM
H
HicksHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Yeah, this sounds like a bunch of gun counter bs.

I'd advocate for suppressed guns for patrol officers for one reason- it protects their hearing. You guys are correct that your brain automatically ignores stimuli that don't contribute to decision making in a life or death scenario (in this situation, it's called auditory exclusion), but you're missing the point that you're still going to have hearing damage. I remember the first time I shot a deer- I was so excited that I didn't even hear the shot, but once the adrenaline wore off, I realized that my ears were ringing like crazy. The same thing will happen to our officers, and there's no reason not to give them what is basically a safety device.

And wanting other guys on your team to hear the shots? LOL, if they can't hear a suppressed 10.5" AR fire, they're not close enough to do anything to help anyway.

Last edited by HicksHunter; 06/04/16 08:25 PM.
Re: Larue ARs [Re: BigPig] #6322827 06/04/16 09:46 PM
T
TRIJI....WHAT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Yeah, the operators would not want to be running around being able to communicate while engaging a target, nor protecting their hearing......Just because you don't hear it does not mean it is not damaging your hearing......Also, "the other guys on your team" will be able to hear you engaging in combat. "That's a big reason as to why operators only run 1 ear plug" <<<<<< With running a suppressor you should not have to wear any plugs so all the more reason to use suppressed over unsuppressed while engaging a target. Also CQB can be executed all the while hearing your squad over your ear piece while engaging a target.

Shhhhhhhh better to be quiet than remove all doubt..
Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6322901 06/04/16 10:45 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Let me better state what I meant, earplug was used in correctly, I meant ear piece. We have a system that is turned on, nobody has to key up a mic to talk, it's just an open line between everybody using that equipment. The ear piece picks up the auditory sound when you speak, so you don't have to speak into a mic, extremely useful because you can still use it with your gas mask.

Secondly, don't you think the other people on your team are going to be just as amped up as you? Do you think that they will hear the sound of a suppressed rifle as easily as they will hear the sound of one that isn't? Until you have been in that situation where you are making entry, you have no idea what it is like to violently enter some bodies house unwanted and unexpected, to have them jump and run from the couch to the back of the house, and you have to follow them passing up open doors and other threats. Everything becomes a blur in an instant and all your senses become impaired. Snapper knows what this is like prob better than most on this forum

Re: Larue ARs [Re: BigPig] #6322920 06/04/16 10:57 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Same reason night sights are pretty much pointless

Re: Larue ARs [Re: Brother in-law] #6322930 06/04/16 11:11 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Haha yeah, 2 of the easiest things to sell to rookies is night sights and concealed carry/backup holsters roflmao

Re: Larue ARs [Re: BigPig] #6323031 06/05/16 12:44 AM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

concealed carry/backup holsters roflmao

Explain this one please sir.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: changedmyname] #6323066 06/05/16 01:08 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: iliketohunt

concealed carry/backup holsters roflmao

Explain this one please sir.

Explain what? They are like little "Tackleberrys" when they are in the academy

Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6323101 06/05/16 01:28 AM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I guess I don't understand. Thought you were saying backup isn't needed. Just wanted to get your thoughts on it.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6323167 06/05/16 02:14 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yeah I think a back up is a good idea. But be honest about what you need and will carry. I see guys buying a second P226 because they can use the mags they already have. You ever tried to put another full size pistol on you where you can get to it? Also, think about how you will carry it and make it accessible with your off hand. I personally carry one on the outside of my left leg. Most people carry ankle holsters on the inside of the ankle, but I found it easier to access on the outside even if I'm on the ground on my back.

Re: Larue ARs [Re: 7mag] #6323174 06/05/16 02:19 AM
C
changedmyname Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I have an outer vest carrier so have to go ankle. No where else to put it.
Full size pistol is glock 22. Need to see if 27 is too big for ankle or not. If not, I can use full size mags on it. If so, I'll probably go glock 43.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide