Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6203205 02/29/16 03:24 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I believe a problem with hunting in Texas at least are a manifestation of attitudes displayed in forum postings we all have seen.

To be determined
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Sneaky] #6203280 02/29/16 04:29 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: therancher
So I get to be the one to point out the comparison/analogy to NP?

Whut, y'all afraid?

NP, you draw the line at hunters yielding to social pressure and apologizing for hunting, adjusting their behavior and language to keep other hunters and the public from "looking down/forming a bad opinion" of us.

And then, you lose your own mind over hunters who won't give up their chosen methods to meet your and other anti HF hunters and the publics need to "clean up" hunting.

Now, I know you'll deny the analogy, but it's pretty obvious to most.

Back on topic, I also find it funny that some folks here are going nuts over one form of social media, while using a similar one..

I simply don't like Facebook. I never said anything about social media in general. A person can dislike a Dodge without disliking all vehicles, since you seem fond of analogies.

Love analogies. However, do you wish dodge vehicles went extinct thereby denying others their choice in vehicles? Because that would be analogous.

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

I really wish social media such as Facebook and Twitter would die and do so soon and quickly.

-Mickey

There would be weeping and gnashing of teeth, though not from me. I'd throw a party to celebrate.

Yes. People don't know what's good for them. grin

I happen to like analogies, too, for the record.

Mean. Mean ol meany!

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: TurkeyHunter] #6203315 02/29/16 05:21 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Originally Posted By: jshouse
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I read somewhere that some researcher predicts that Facebook will lose 80% of it's users by 2017. I believe it. I've never even opened an account. It just didn't appeal to me.

if its not facebook it will be something similar, teenagers and most women CAN NOT function without social media.

Says the man with 5800 posts on a social media site.

clap

So what's your point? Did I say it was wrong? I merely said it isn't going away. And if my .3 posts per day qualify me to be a teenager or woman, so be it.

I like the effort though.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6203326 02/29/16 06:15 AM
B
BradyBuck Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I should have known HFs would find there way into this discussion somehow.....

I really enjoy reading a lot of Hank's stuff. If you've never read his article "The Hunters Paradox: Loving What You Kill" you need to check it out.

He offers some insightful perspective and is able to put into words exactly how I feel about a lot of things hunting related.

Here is the link to the other article I mentioned. I know it's been posted before but if you haven't read it you should.
http://honest-food.net/2013/09/16/hunter-loving-what-we-kill/

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6204146 02/29/16 09:17 PM
H
HS2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
It is frustrating for me when I see someone get all upset over seeing a dead animal after it's been shot. What do these people think happen to animals in the wild? They must not think at all about how animals die. Do they realize what it is like to starve to death in the winter? Get chased down and chewed to death by coyotes? Have the young yearlings trampled to death by hogs? Sure, seeing the sight of blood is disturbing for a lot of people, but get real.....a quick death by gunshot is the most humane way for an animal to die. Plus feral hogs are vermin, a scourge to the landscape that needs the population reduced. How do they expect this to happen without animals dying?

Podcast: Reasoning Through the Bible
ReasoningThroughTheBible.com
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: HS2] #6204863 03/01/16 05:52 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: HS2
It is frustrating for me when I see someone get all upset over seeing a dead animal after it's been shot. What do these people think happen to animals in the wild? They must not think at all about how animals die. Do they realize what it is like to starve to death in the winter? Get chased down and chewed to death by coyotes? Have the young yearlings trampled to death by hogs? Sure, seeing the sight of blood is disturbing for a lot of people, but get real.....a quick death by gunshot is the most humane way for an animal to die. Plus feral hogs are vermin, a scourge to the landscape that needs the population reduced. How do they expect this to happen without animals dying?

Couldn't agree more. Ma nature is a sick twisted b***h.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6205745 03/01/16 09:56 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Good read. And one of the reasons I joined THF. Can post all the trophy pics I want here, and have like minds comment. I do very little on facebook, and wouldn't open myself up to idiots commenting on hunting or fishing pics. Not worth the stress.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide