Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6200948 02/27/16 02:46 AM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Reminds me of my uber wealthy, tree-hugging, anti hunting, "animal rights" (quotes for a reason) loving cousin who constantly looks down her nose at anyone who's ever killed anything....or even drives a pickup for that matter....like they're the underclass. Her wedding a couple of summers ago was awesome though. They served a smorgasbord of prime rib, pulled pork and bacon-wrapped quail.

The quail was the bomb. Of course after congratulating her on the nuptials, I thanked her for her choice of a menu.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6201009 02/27/16 03:34 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
I hate the word harvest. Unless it's being used by a farmer about his crops. It has no place in hunting dialogue.

Exactly. To be ashamed of the word "kill" is to be ashamed of what we do.

I'm not saying I prefer the word harvest over kill, but it's still an acceptable use of the word harvest, going by the definition.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201128 02/27/16 07:40 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Y'all did read the link right? This was about a paid ad with a dead animal. We can post all the stuff we shoot just fine there with no issue. It is their choice what paid ads show. That was all this was about. Guess they don't want their algorithm to show it to some sensitive type.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6201228 02/27/16 01:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
I hate the word harvest. Unless it's being used by a farmer about his crops. It has no place in hunting dialogue.

Exactly. To be ashamed of the word "kill" is to be ashamed of what we do.

I'm not saying I prefer the word harvest over kill, but it's still an acceptable use of the word harvest, going by the definition.

TPWD has you fill out Harvest Logs or Data on deer killed on MLD properties.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201243 02/27/16 01:51 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I call it the Kill Journal. grin

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201244 02/27/16 01:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I kill deer to fill in the harvest data/log.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201381 02/27/16 03:43 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I kill animals. I harvest crops. It's that simple to me, just like it has been for everybody I've known until the PC virus came along.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: jshouse] #6201403 02/27/16 04:10 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: jshouse
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
I read somewhere that some researcher predicts that Facebook will lose 80% of it's users by 2017. I believe it. I've never even opened an account. It just didn't appeal to me.

if its not facebook it will be something similar, teenagers and most women CAN NOT function without social media.

Says the man with 5800 posts on a social media site.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Txduckman] #6201405 02/27/16 04:13 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Y'all did read the link right? This was about a paid ad with a dead animal. We can post all the stuff we shoot just fine there with no issue. It is their choice what paid ads show. That was all this was about. Guess they don't want their algorithm to show it to some sensitive type.

Yep!

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: HWY_MAN] #6201464 02/27/16 05:31 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I read somewhere that some researcher predicts that Facebook will lose 80% of it's users by 2017. I believe it. I've never even opened an account. It just didn't appeal to me.

if its not facebook it will be something similar, teenagers and most women CAN NOT function without social media.

clap

To be determined
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: TurkeyHunter] #6201484 02/27/16 05:49 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

clap

popcorn been on here less & almost double the posts bang i spend way too much time on here.... flag

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201509 02/27/16 06:15 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Great read, thanks for sharing.

This is what happens when men cease to be men. Traditional beings are forced to defend their values, their culture, and their heritage. Factions of man should let other factions live as they please and to live freely themselves. Only within a faction must judgement and critique be found.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: BradyBuck] #6201561 02/27/16 07:13 PM
R
rogerh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
SMH. All this time I thought meat came from the grocery store.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: rifleman] #6201589 02/27/16 07:53 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

My cousins post dead hog and deer and predator photos constantly without any issues from FB. confused2

he probably has his security setting set up pretty tight.

Maybe they fall under the "East TX" exception. smile

That's like FB Rivercrest, the monitoring authorities don't care what goes on and are a little scared to check it.

Lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: chital_shikari] #6201947 02/28/16 01:55 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Great read, thanks for sharing.

This is what happens when men cease to be men. Traditional beings are forced to defend their values, their culture, and their heritage. Factions of man should let other factions live as they please and to live freely themselves. Only within a faction must judgement and critique be found.

Very profound! Who are you and what did you do with Little Chit?

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6202249 02/28/16 06:35 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I kill animals. I harvest crops. It's that simple to me, just like it has been for everybody I've known until the PC virus came along.

That's fine with me, I'm just pointing out the definition of the word harvest. Doesn't seem like something to split hairs over when the definition is readily available.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6202268 02/28/16 11:42 AM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

That's fine with me, I'm just pointing out the definition of the word harvest. Doesn't seem like something to split hairs over when the definition is readily available.

Harvest implies the animal was killed to provide a meal, rather than just killed like a rat as a nuisance. So I can see why someone who shoots a deer deer mostly for its antlers might take offense with the word "harvest". Personally, I like to say that I harvest or "take" deer and kill fire ants.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Texas Dan] #6202302 02/28/16 01:15 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
So I get to be the one to point out the comparison/analogy to NP?

Whut, y'all afraid?

NP, you draw the line at hunters yielding to social pressure and apologizing for hunting, adjusting their behavior and language to keep other hunters and the public from "looking down/forming a bad opinion" of us.

And then, you lose your own mind over hunters who won't give up their chosen methods to meet your and other anti HF hunters and the publics need to "clean up" hunting.

Now, I know you'll deny the analogy, but it's pretty obvious to most.

Back on topic, I also find it funny that some folks here are going nuts over one form of social media, while using a similar one..

Last edited by therancher; 02/28/16 01:16 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: therancher] #6202367 02/28/16 02:38 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: therancher

Whut, y'all afraid?

NP, you draw the line at hunters yielding to social pressure and apologizing for hunting, adjusting their behavior and language to keep other hunters and the public from "looking down/forming a bad opinion" of us.

And then, you lose your own mind over hunters who won't give up their chosen methods to meet your and other anti HF hunters and the publics need to "clean up" hunting.

Back on topic, I also find it funny that some folks here are going nuts over one form of social media, while using a similar one..

I do deny the analogy. One topic regards apologizing for hunting itself, while the other regards a discussion about what is hunting and what is not. In both cases I am defending hunting. And I am not alone - which begs the question as to why you constantly call/single me out other than just to start a fuss.

It is true I draw the lines differently than you. Actually,from reading your posts,it seems that you have no lines. You hate game wardens/laws, love any method as long as an animal dies, bait quail with corn and skillet shoot them on the ground, etc.,etc.,etc.

I guess life is easy when you have no lines, but IMO easy is not always best.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Texas Dan] #6202456 02/28/16 04:05 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Harvest implies the animal was killed to provide a meal, rather than just killed like a rat as a nuisance. So I can see why someone who shoots a deer deer mostly for its antlers might take offense with the word "harvest". Personally, I like to say that I harvest or "take" deer and kill fire ants.

Ok, guys. Call it whatever you want. I'm just saying it's right there in the definition of harvest. The taking of an animal for human consumption or use. Harvest.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6202470 02/28/16 04:23 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Ok, guys. Call it whatever you want. I'm just saying it's right there in the definition of harvest. The taking of an animal for human consumption or use. Harvest.

scratch as in Harvest the crops & kill the weeds flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: therancher] #6202477 02/28/16 04:32 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Whut, y'all afraid?

I simply don't like Facebook. I never said anything about social media in general. A person can dislike a Dodge without disliking all vehicles, since you seem fond of analogies.

Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Sneaky] #6202778 02/28/16 11:01 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Whut, y'all afraid?

I simply don't like Facebook. I never said anything about social media in general. A person can dislike a Dodge without disliking all vehicles, since you seem fond of analogies.

Love analogies. However, do you wish dodge vehicles went extinct thereby denying others their choice in vehicles? Because that would be analogous.

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

I really wish social media such as Facebook and Twitter would die and do so soon and quickly.

-Mickey

There would be weeping and gnashing of teeth, though not from me. I'd throw a party to celebrate.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6202788 02/28/16 11:09 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Whut, y'all afraid?

I do deny the analogy. One topic regards apologizing for hunting itself, while the other regards a discussion about what is hunting and what is not. In both cases I am defending hunting. And I am not alone - which begs the question as to why you constantly call/single me out other than just to start a fuss.

It is true I draw the lines differently than you. Actually,from reading your posts,it seems that you have no lines. You hate game wardens/laws, love any method as long as an animal dies, bait quail with corn and skillet shoot them on the ground, etc.,etc.,etc.

I guess life is easy when you have no lines, but IMO easy is not always best.

I choose to HUNT quail and other animals in HFs legally. You would deny me that privilege.

So yes, the analogy isn't perfect. You are opposed to somebody merely apologizing for killing animals the way you do, yet you would totally deny others their chosen legal method of hunting if it doesn't pass your muster.

The analogy isn't perfect because your views are much more dogmatic.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Hunting Photo Controversy [Re: therancher] #6202898 02/29/16 12:29 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

Whut, y'all afraid?

Love analogies. However, do you wish dodge vehicles went extinct thereby denying others their choice in vehicles? Because that would be analogous.

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

I really wish social media such as Facebook and Twitter would die and do so soon and quickly.

-Mickey

There would be weeping and gnashing of teeth, though not from me. I'd throw a party to celebrate.

Yes. People don't know what's good for them. grin

I happen to like analogies, too, for the record.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide