Forums46
Topics538,034
Posts9,732,182
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Mickey Moose] #6095290 12/21/15 10:33 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
MarkE - not trying to gang up on your or be rude or condescending but I have to ask. Do you know what a section is? If so, then Bobo's posts would make sense. If you do know, sorry I can't help. If not then read up at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_%28United_States_land_surveying%29.

Again, not trying to be a smart @$$.

-Mickey

Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
mark.
40 sections is my reality and I'm small compared to my neighbors. my other reality is 28. It's small compared to Neibghors. HF wouldn't make a difference one way or the other. I guess my land holding and lease are extreme in your world.

What?? This is your quote
If you hunt a smaller property you will always have issues patterning deer because your land doesn't exceed thier home range.

You stated that on a smaller property, the land doesn't exceed a deer's home range. Then, you throw this "my reality is 28 and 40 sections" in the mix. Your talking in circles.

You have to read the prior posts...

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6095302 12/21/15 10:39 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Pitchfork and Bobo - I hope your responses were not directed at me and believe they were directed at MarkE.

They were at you. Shame on these internet forum addicts (time well spent)!

If this is the best you've got you are way over matched.....

Just like calling your buddy to write the same "legend in your own mind" crap you always throw out there with your BillyMadison video. Extremely LAME. And very childish. How old are you? Does your mom and dad allow you unsupervised access to the internet?

Business must be slow, I guess I can see why. Seems a little weird you are so familiar with my posts.....hell, you know them better that I. I don't know you or anyone else on here but this is one of the reasons I don't respond to anything you post. A little scary when some "dude" is quoting me and acting like he knows me....weird.

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: ChrisB] #6095305 12/21/15 10:42 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
it takes two seconds to see all your posts. Click name and posts by user

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6095307 12/21/15 10:43 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M

I patterned a buck on 200 acres, and haven't been able to kill him because of where he stays for three years now. Watched him probably 30 times bed and and un bed in three years with a spotting scope. He stays in that cayon from dawn to dusk.

Wait a minute, you only know 28 and 40 section ranches! grin I bet a hf wouldn't have helped.

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: ChrisB] #6095308 12/21/15 10:45 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
You don't respond to me because you have shot all of your ammo on me....the video, the look at all the posts you have comment, the same quotes over and over.... this always occurs when you are in search of logic to support your argument.....brain lock....pattern repeated....

You can click on your name and see all your posts, maybe this would help you solve this problem? hammer

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6095311 12/21/15 10:46 PM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M

Ahhhhh. I couldn't care less to see that but I guess others choose to spend their time studying folk's history. Yall have fun with that!

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: ChrisB] #6095316 12/21/15 10:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I also hunt a 2500 acre place too....Best friend owns The 2500 and 200. I own the 40 and lease the other. Both are about as opposite as you can get. High plains vs STX. But anyway HF wouldn't matter. I cant get in that canyon with out blowing him out. Tried. He baffled the hell out of me. Literally would get him at night on camera at two locations both at the mouth. I spent two days behind a spotting scope before I found him. He has two spots with in the canyon he will bed depending on wind. He can jump up a 8ft canyon wall what do you think he will do at a HF. Get to the fence stop and wait for me to get there and shot him...lol

How many acres are actually hunting each sit? Truely cover with Firearm?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: MarkE] #6095317 12/21/15 10:51 PM
G
Grosvenor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
So about this glass dome I'm going to build over our ranch. I'm thinking one way glass so the neighbors can't see our deer, but we can see their deer. Bullet proof glass of course.

I'm not sure why this debate always hinges on whether or not it's real hunting. To me, the much bigger issue is that high fences have led to the proliferation of invasive, nonindigenous species. Let's yell about that for a few pages.

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Grosvenor] #6095328 12/21/15 10:55 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
So about this glass dome I'm going to build over our ranch. I'm thinking one way glass so the neighbors can't see our deer, but we can see their deer. Bullet proof glass of course.

I'm not sure why this debate always hinges on whether or not it's real hunting. To me, the much bigger issue is that high fences have led to the proliferation of invasive, nonindigenous species. Let's yell about that for a few pages.

I think it would nuke every thing in side, kind of like a magnifying glass and ants.. smile

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Grosvenor] #6095336 12/21/15 10:58 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Lets. Now if these fences keep all animals captive, how did all these exotics end up free ranging all over the hill country and west Texas? I must say when I was lucky enough to be invited to JohnRussell's place between Rocksprings and Del Rio, I thought it was really cool to be able to shoot an Axis and Aoudad in the early spring. I'm torn between protecting the native game and having game to hunt year round that are extremely tasty. (axis) 25 years ago when I hunted this area there were nothing but whitetails, javelina, and turkey. Now hunting Johns' place almost seemed like Africa. Lol.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Grosvenor] #6095351 12/21/15 11:06 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

We damn near wiped out the whitetail. If we really wanted an animal gone... It would be gone

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: MarkE] #6095373 12/21/15 11:28 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45

Ahhhhh. I couldn't care less to see that but I gues s others choose to spend their time studying folk's history. Yall have fun with that!

2cents checked on a thread put on offtopic video on FB confused2 it done gone missing... Tis a conspiracy i tell ya... rofl tis part of that thar ignorance list flag

i'm postaddic
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: ChrisB] #6095374 12/21/15 11:28 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
marke, I take it from your many posts that you must be a true hunter way above the rest of us. I also take it that hunting a HF would not be enough a challenge for a hunter of your caliber. Is what I am thinking correct?

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: MarkE] #6095378 12/21/15 11:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I patterned a buck on 200 acres, and haven't been able to kill him because of where he stays for three years now. Watched him probably 30 times bed and and un bed in three years with a spotting scope. He stays in that cayon from dawn to dusk.

Wait a minute, you only know 28 and 40 section ranches! grin I bet a hf wouldn't have helped.

You never asked about the picture. From that point I can cover 300 acres+- with spotting scope.

I'm hunting there for a reason there is a big boy that lives right there seen him once with out a gun and a few others have seen him. Seen him also with spotting scope in the brush a few times. He litteraly lives in that draw. He won't come to corn and I cant Sniper him due to the thick brush. I can cover 300 acres with a spotting scope and still only have maybe 20 acres of openings but litteraly can only shot on an 8' X 400 yard sendero.
HF won't make him come out of the brush. Rut might if a doe is hot. Would a HF make him come out nope.

Point was HF wouldn't matter I can only hunt about 300-400 yards on a 3 way on the majority of that ranch. How many acres are you truely hunting(can cover with a rifle) each time you sit?

The ranch is big but small compared to neighboring but at same time because of vegetation you can't hunt much at a given time. So what's the difference between big and small ranches. You can find core areas easier on a big ranch because you can travel more ground but hunting doesn't change you can only see and shoot so far.

That was my point in the 40 and 28 sections, cool I hunt big property but am I really hunting all of it.... Nope. Just like if you hunted a 400 acre HF.... Are you hunting all of it? not unless it's a plowed feild

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6095417 12/22/15 12:01 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Pitchfork and Bobo - I hope your responses were not directed at me and believe they were directed at MarkE.

They were at you. Shame on these internet forum addicts (time well spent)!

If this is the best you've got you are way over matched.....

Just like calling your buddy to write the same "legend in your own mind" crap you always throw out there with your BillyMadison video. Extremely LAME. And very childish. How old are you? Does your mom and dad allow you unsupervised access to the internet?

Sad actually ...

I think the majority has the same outlook and thoughts ...
Have fun and enjoy your hunts and harvests ...
But you have a handful that seems to seek enjoyment in de moralizing and degrading Hunters practices and methods. I can't put into words how many people I encounter when taking about THF that comment on a few that seem to stir the pot and demoralize hunting as the few we have. They actually laugh at it and other sites do also. I do NOT hunt a HF, but it's amazing how narrow minded people are and degrade Hunters with the Elitest mentality. Anyone here that has ever had the pleasure of sharing a field or a hunt with Pitchfork or BoBo would NEVER describe them as the childish comments above reflect. With out a doubt two of the Classiest and Unselfish Human Beings you have ever had the Honor of sharing a Hunt with, they just have the intelligence to spot Ignorance a mile away and have the expertise and field time to back it up...

Sad that a couple of "stirrers" decide to gain attention by degrading others accomplishments and hard work with the constant belittling of good hard working people with mindless attacks..

I would be ashamed to be associated with it. As so many good people have stated on here so many times, if it's moral, ethical, amd legal go enjoy your self and have fun... Isn't that what hunting is about, but you have a cancerous cell of miserable elitist who feel it's necessary to degrade Hunters Descisions.

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: don k] #6095478 12/22/15 12:36 AM
M
MarkE Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: don k
marke, I take it from your many posts that you must be a true hunter way above the rest of us. I also take it that hunting a HF would not be enough a challenge for a hunter of your caliber. Is what I am thinking correct?

No. I'm very passionate about hunting and that is all I do whenever I can. I'm not above anyone in any aspect. I just don't like high fences....never have.

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: MarkE] #6095482 12/22/15 12:38 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: don k

No. I'm very passionate about hunting and that is all I do whenever I can. I'm not above anyone in any aspect. I just don't like high fences....never have.

Why so critical of others then?

Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6095490 12/22/15 12:46 AM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
That is an excellent post. Very well written. I have a different view however.

IMO the HFs do and will continue to threaten our right to hunt. Non-hunters don't much like the idea of shooting captive animals. It's that simple. One good documentary on the typical HF "pay a big fee and get a big buck" hunt would do a helluva lot of damage to our way of life.

Hunters debating ethics
is not a threat to hunting in any way, shape, or form. Outsiders expect responsible folks to discuss the ethics of their pursuits. And no hunter is going to stop hunting because of differences of opinions about hunting.

Same could be said for one on LF doing the same then correct?

No. Don't mean to yell, but there is one big difference: LOW FENCE ANIMALS ARE NOT CAPTIVE.

2cents As pappy once said: would rather be hunting than working, but a wise person realizes by working can aford ta hunt... First lease was on was $200.00 for a year... 24-7-365 hunting, got on it cause had hogs... Family lease, wife & kids, camping... We run up credit card, on building house... Taking old one moved it ta were be sitting here typing, plumbing, wireing, sheetrock, new roof, insulation... Repairs on vihicals, trips back home ta visit family & friends, Christmas gifts for kids... Just every day living, when first starting out, on a $7.22 an hour income... At work constantly being told how bad times are, rofl while shoveling down in dirty nasty hole... texas is about leasing, if ya wanna hunt... Our kids didn't know how poor we was... When credit adviser said: leasing is a bad investment ... i took responsibility & we walked out... Didn't get on leases that were about the big bucks , if it was legal, up ta tag holder, was about family, friends, & grillen & chillen ... Like ma & pa usedta do... Seen the ya gotta pay play, the culling games, & hunting is a sport? We educated kids about money... Just cause person can't spell, doesn't mean can't think for themselves... 4 deer county here, got feeders, food plots, yet year after year would find me down at WMA archery only, & the 3 months hog any legal means... As pappy says: Tis me, & who i wanna be... confused2 asked this in poll forum bout HF... What does a HF have ta offer that LF doesn't have... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: ChrisB] #6095501 12/22/15 12:51 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Because it's people like him whose job is to tell the rest of us that only what they like is right and even though they can't stop another from doing it they will just belittle them on every thread they get a chance to.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: First impression from behind the HF. [Re: 1860.colt] #6095534 12/22/15 01:07 AM
S
SniperRAB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: colt.45
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
That is an excellent post. Very well written. I have a different view however.

IMO the HFs do and will continue to threaten our right to hunt. Non-hunters don't much like the idea of shooting captive animals. It's that simple. One good documentary on the typical HF "pay a big fee and get a big buck" hunt would do a helluva lot of damage to our way of life.

Hunters debating ethics
is not a threat to hunting in any way, shape, or form. Outsiders expect responsible folks to discuss the ethics of their pursuits. And no hunter is going to stop hunting because of differences of opinions about hunting.

Same could be said for one on LF doing the same then correct?

No. Don't mean to yell, but there is one big difference: LOW FENCE ANIMALS ARE NOT CAPTIVE.

2cents As pappy once said: would rather be hunting than working, but a wise person realizes by working can aford ta hunt... First lease was on was $200.00 for a year... 24-7-365 hunting, got on it cause had hogs... Family lease, wife & kids, camping... We run up credit card, on building house... Taking old one moved it ta were be sitting here typing, plumbing, wireing, sheetrock, new roof, insulation... Repairs on vihicals, trips back home ta visit family & friends, Christmas gifts for kids... Just every day living, when first starting out, on a $7.22 an hour income... At work constantly being told how bad times are, rofl while shoveling down in dirty nasty hole... texas is about leasing, if ya wanna hunt... Our kids didn't know how poor we was... When credit adviser said: leasing is a bad investment ... i took responsibility & we walked out... Didn't get on leases that were about the big bucks , if it was legal, up ta tag holder, was about family, friends, & grillen & chillen ... Like ma & pa usedta do... Seen the ya gotta pay play, the culling games, & hunting is a sport? We educated kids about money... Just cause person can't spell, doesn't mean can't think for themselves... 4 deer county here, got feeders, food plots, yet year after year would find me down at WMA archery only, & the 3 months hog any legal means... As pappy says: Tis me, & who i wanna be... confused2 asked this in poll forum bout HF... What does a HF have ta offer that LF doesn't have... flag

Do you not get enough attention that you need to appear stupid..

I have seen better intelligence in a sandwich... If you can't speak in an intelligent manner go away

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide