Forums46
Topics538,700
Posts9,740,190
Members87,103
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: This Aught to Be Good (HF Debate) [Re: Creekrunner] #6083669 12/14/15 09:11 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
All this stuff is very Freudian. Without a doubt.

So these two friends are talking and the first guy says "Have you ever had a Freudian slip of the tongue?" The second guy says "What's that?" First guy: "It's like the other day on the elevator at my office building. The elevator doors open and this gorgeous woman with a low cut dress is already on there and instead of saying 'Six please', the floor I work on, I said 'Sex please'." "Oh yeah," says the second guy. "Just last week, at breakfast, I was going to say to my wife 'Pass the honey, Honey', but instead I said 'Pass the honey you miserable !itch, you ruined my life.'"

roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: This Aught to Be Good (HF Debate) [Re: TexFlip] #6083682 12/14/15 09:20 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
duel this thread tis like the Blind man who picked up the hammer & saw .. Twas too dumbfounded ta speak... flag

i'm postaddic
Re: This Aught to Be Good (HF Debate) [Re: Creekrunner] #6083686 12/14/15 09:22 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
All this stuff is very Freudian. Without a doubt.

So these two friends are talking and the first guy says "Have you ever had a Freudian slip of the tongue?" The second guy says "What's that?" First guy: "It's like the other day on the elevator at my office building. The elevator doors open and this gorgeous woman with a low cut dress is already on there and instead of saying 'Six please', the floor I work on, I said 'Sex please'." "Oh yeah," says the second guy. "Just last week, at breakfast, I was going to say to my wife 'Pass the honey, Honey', but instead I said 'Pass the honey you miserable !itch, you ruined my life.'"
roflmao

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: This Aught to Be Good (HF Debate) [Re: activescrape] #6099020 12/24/15 01:08 AM
C
Conchocowboy Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
Originally Posted By: activescrape
Call me old fashioned. I remember when the first high fences started going up. It was all about exotics. I liked that idea and thought it was cool.We have some land thats been in the family since 1932 near Richland Springs. Over the years we have killed a lot of deer there, some big ones too. We never saw one but there have been lions killed very near our place and one killed a deer on our place once and buried it with brush, which we found. It was all gone nest time we checked. Weve seen red foxes, ring tailed cats. all kinds of stuff. One of the biggest components of hunting for me was always, "you never know what might walk out" and you didn't, and that was the thrill, to sit there and fantasize about it. As time passed more and more high fences started showing up, and I couldn't believe people were putting them up just for whitetail, native game, hell, they were already there, why did you need a fence?? I didn't even like game cams in the beginning, I wanted to be surprised. We didn't even score deer. It was by how many points he had. I miss all that. We are slowly being high fenced all around. every time I take the regency bridge road, or 500 into San Saba or whatever, it seems like there's more high fence. No one can tell me it doesn't affect the free flow of big game. It makes me sad to see what it has become. I still have the fever for it though, I go a lot, I'll be there this weekend, I still kill deer, we all do, my brothers and the boys, but that mystery of it that was so exhilarating, that made for such great campfire talk, I miss that.Plus high fences are ugly. fire away.

Amen to that, Great post! That's what its all about.

Re: This Aught to Be Good (HF Debate) [Re: Conchocowboy] #6099064 12/24/15 01:43 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted By: Conchocowboy
Originally Posted By: activescrape
Call me old fashioned. I remember when the first high fences started going up. It was all about exotics. I liked that idea and thought it was cool.We have some land thats been in the family since 1932 near Richland Springs. Over the years we have killed a lot of deer there, some big ones too. We never saw one but there have been lions killed very near our place and one killed a deer on our place once and buried it with brush, which we found. It was all gone nest time we checked. Weve seen red foxes, ring tailed cats. all kinds of stuff. One of the biggest components of hunting for me was always, "you never know what might walk out" and you didn't, and that was the thrill, to sit there and fantasize about it. As time passed more and more high fences started showing up, and I couldn't believe people were putting them up just for whitetail, native game, hell, they were already there, why did you need a fence?? I didn't even like game cams in the beginning, I wanted to be surprised. We didn't even score deer. It was by how many points he had. I miss all that. We are slowly being high fenced all around. every time I take the regency bridge road, or 500 into San Saba or whatever, it seems like there's more high fence. No one can tell me it doesn't affect the free flow of big game. It makes me sad to see what it has become. I still have the fever for it though, I go a lot, I'll be there this weekend, I still kill deer, we all do, my brothers and the boys, but that mystery of it that was so exhilarating, that made for such great campfire talk, I miss that.Plus high fences are ugly. fire away.

Amen to that, Great post! That's what its all about.

+1. From the HFvsLF debaits i've seen on this Forum... Tis only way ta get bigger racks & more mature deer... Someone said that can't be done on LF... Last time asked this Question the thread got paddlelocked... confused2 tis discussion forum.. Yet ta be answered: What does HF have ta offer that my LF doesn't have ? Never hunted around a HF... flag

i'm postaddic
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide