Forums46
Topics538,023
Posts9,731,945
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5909207 09/02/15 03:41 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You guys aren't paying attention. I'm on my second blind since I ordered in December. I like Dan, but I am a little concerned as to what is really going on here.

Hammerhead, did you cancel your order, or is it still pending? My door is ready, I'll swing by there today and see whats what. I'm done defending him until I get more information.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5909659 09/02/15 07:46 PM
H
hammerhead Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Cast you are actually making my point stronger, your on your second blind and we ordered 10 days apart. I have not received my only blind and he could not even give me a completion date. At that point I cancelled my order and was forced to go elsewhere and purchase a blind. I do not think waiting 9 months for a blind is being unreasonable. Especially now I know some people have already received 2 blinds since I placed my order.....
I just want my money back and to be done with this guy.....

I'm your Huckleberry
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5909710 09/02/15 08:17 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Hammerhead,

I made the run and got my door from Tyler. On the way back, I swung by and talked with Dan. It was interesting.

I showed Dan your receipt and he just shook his head and cussed under his breath. He's not fond of you either...

In a nutshell, you ordered, paid a deposit, and then got antsy and backed out of the deal. Now, you broke the contract you had with Dan when you backed out, so that means your deposit is forfeit. Dan doesn't have to refund your deposit, but when you asked him for it, he said he would give it back to you when he sold the blind you ordered. That seems fair to me, he has two 10' cut and waiting to sell. One of them must be yours. He's waiting for an order on one of those and when he gets a deposit on it, it will be yours.

I heard about the tactics you used to harass him and his family Hammerhead, and I'm SMDH over that. If I was Dan, I'd tell you to bite me and you wouldn't get a penny, but I'm not a nice guy like Dan.

Oh, BTW, there was large crew swarming over my new 21' blind while I was there, it is standing up by now and will be ready soon.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: Cast] #5909732 09/02/15 08:29 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: Cast
Hammerhead,

I made the run and got my door from Tyler. On the way back, I swung by and talked with Dan. It was interesting.

I showed Dan your receipt and he just shook his head and cussed under his breath. He's not fond of you either...

In a nutshell, you ordered, paid a deposit, and then got antsy and backed out of the deal. Now, you broke the contract you had with Dan when you backed out, so that means your deposit is forfeit. Dan doesn't have to refund your deposit, but when you asked him for it, he said he would give it back to you when he sold the blind you ordered. That seems fair to me, he has two 10' cut and waiting to sell. One of them must be yours. He's waiting for an order on one of those and when he gets a deposit on it, it will be yours.

I heard about the tactics you used to harass him and his family Hammerhead, and I'm SMDH over that. If I was Dan, I'd tell you to bite me and you wouldn't get a penny, but I'm not a nice guy like Dan.

Oh, BTW, there was large crew swarming over my new 21' blind while I was there, it is standing up by now and will be ready soon.

Are those crickets I hear???

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5909739 09/02/15 08:30 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Cast, glad your blind is getting finished. I think this should lay to rest any more witch hunting against dan and Ultra-deer-blinds...

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5909960 09/02/15 10:51 PM
H
hammerhead Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Let me be clear, nobody got antsy... If 9 months is ansty then I guess I am guilty.. As far as harassment goes I spoke to one person after I tried repeated times to contact him direct. They agreed to get a message to him and that was when he suddenly emailed me.
Not sure how he was able to spin all this around back on me, you have already received your blind ordered 10 days prior to mine.??????? Now your 2nd blind is almost done..
I appreciate the fact that you spoke with him about this matter, and I would not expect anything less the your support for Dan since he is treating you right. I only hope this continues for you and wish you nothing but the best....Thanks again for your effort, if I never get my money at least several people will know to be cautious.

I'm your Huckleberry
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910164 09/03/15 12:24 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
9 months Cast..really

Stockholm syndrome

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: Cast] #5910263 09/03/15 01:07 AM
D
Dead Eye Mike Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Cast,
You are not on your second blind. Dan is getting caught in his half truths. I would short-sell Ultra if it was a public company!

This is your quote from the other Ultra Deer Tower post-

"But Dan had a guy screaming about his 12' blind so I let him give him my finished 12' blind. In return, Dan is upgrading me to a 20' blind. I'll add a couple more options to the bigger blind, a floor on the ground deck, twin sleeper decks and windows in lower section. He delivers it in October. That's fine cause the site is not ready yet. Work week is in September. It'll be done then."

Why did you redact the sales price on your receipt? A little compensation from Dan for web damage control? That would make sense in light of your actions and statements.

Do you weigh more than a duck?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910365 09/03/15 01:59 AM
H
hammerhead Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Dead eye Mike I must say your name says it all, I missed this point earlier.... Now it all makes total sense.... I may never see my money out of this deal, however I only hope I may have saved some other fellow hunter out there the trouble I am experiencing....

I'm your Huckleberry
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910368 09/03/15 02:00 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
popcorn

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910442 09/03/15 02:30 AM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Ooooo, more popcorn. This is gittin good.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910456 09/03/15 02:35 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910527 09/03/15 03:08 AM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
eek2

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910585 09/03/15 03:31 AM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
popcorn popcorn popcorn

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910617 09/03/15 03:53 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
9 months for a deer stand and still don't have it? When I looked at the website, it says:

Quote:
How long of a waiting period is required after ordering an Ultra Deer Tower?
We try our best to produce your order within 60 days…depending on weather…we build Ultra Deer Towers on a concrete slab at our yard, if it rains we usually have a 2 / 3 day delay in production.

Seems hammerhead might have a point...and I am not posting the post from some other sites saying the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Texas Farmer
Yeah I hear my blind is nice too & I hear he has been using mine as a model too but that's not what we agreed upon, when I ordered it part of our deal was to get it here last year 2014 , he swore he would.

Originally Posted By: 3-bar-u
I had the same experience as Texas Farmer. It took me exactly one year to get mine, and it wasn't one of the fancy models. I called just about every month and got the same sad story as Tx Farmer.It is really a neat stand but he is going to hurt his business by not being honest with the customers.

And of course this:

Quote:
So, I got to speak with Dan. He started right up thanking me for sticking up for him. It seems that a new client had seen this thread and asked him about it. In a nutshell, Dan said he can't imagine who these guys are. He said a couple of really arrogant guys came by for a tour, possibly that is where they got the info on current builds, like the super tower now in construction, but he can't say why they would declare jihad on him and UDT.

I will be honest. Sounds like Cast is being an advocate (his own words) for Dan. I can respect that, but from my perspective, it is a losing battle. Especially since he had to give up one of his blinds so another irate customer could have it and stop yelling at him. Seems like Dan makes excuses and has bad words to say about anyone that he has a problem with or provides a negative review (this thread and the other thread).

From looking at the threads here, online content, other sites, etc., it looks like Dan has a great product and the folks that did get theirs are very happy. It looks like Dan doesn't always meet his agreements but has a way to justify it when things go south or he doesn't make good on his promise.

Doesn't mean that he is a bad person, just that he might overload himself and his crews and make commitments that he can't keep.

Does seem like a refund would be forthcoming and a good business practice. If the blinds are that great and business is so busy it takes 9 months to get a blind (maybe), should be pretty easy to sale one that isn't even finished yet.

Good luck and hope that Dan makes it right.

Just my 2cents

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910622 09/03/15 03:57 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Seems to be lots of 'screaming' customers. If I give somebody $900 of my money they better never be too busy to give me a call, text or email in 9 frickin months. This sounds shady or at the very least, extremely poor customer service.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910655 09/03/15 04:32 AM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910665 09/03/15 04:43 AM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Sucks there seems to be delay issues with these blinds because I honestly think the product is a great idea. Hope they get it all sorted out.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910680 09/03/15 05:00 AM
E
Emmett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
I'm with you Hammerhead. There is no reason you should not of had either a new blind months ago or your deposit refunded by now. Good luck and keep after him for your refund, otherwise you are paying him a lot of money to do you wrong. I know I will never go to him for a blind. Good luck

Psalm 121
82nd Airborne Division. 3/504 PIR, Recon
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910712 09/03/15 08:33 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Sounds like the guy floats new blinds with other folks $, Cast $ went to another blind, now he has to wait for # 2, just to appease another PO'd customer. Defend him all you want, the guy is shady and "nice", doesn't color over it IMO.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: Stinger13] #5910716 09/03/15 09:18 AM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: stinger13
Originally Posted By: Cast
Hammerhead,

Are those crickets I hear???

Not crickets. It's the sound of a foot being inserted into mouth hammer

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910977 09/03/15 01:52 PM
H
hammerhead Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
I did receive an email last night from Dan, I have copied it here unedited, the red is my response:

First:

We are so sorry you had to purchase a far inferior product…you would have been extremely please with an Ultra Deer Tower…
Guess I will never know this since you never delivered as agreed

Second:

Our position is not hard to grasp…as we have explained in past communications, we don’t have CASH on hand…that makes it impossible to refund until we sell a tower with the same proportions as you ordered…as soon as we have an order for a ten foot unit we will let you know and refund your deposit “post haste”…
Why does it have to exactly like my order, any other deposit would make a good refund, unless you are juggling this entire operation on your customers cash. I think we all know how this story will end.

Finally:

We understand your frustration and all of our crew feels anguish from being so far behind in our production schedule…it has been called to our attention you have been trashing Ultra Deer Towers on the internet…we’re having a hard time trying to figure out just how that will help expedite your funding…seems to us to be counter productive…we need to sell your unit to someone so you may receive what you have asked for…
So by speaking out about my frustration is now the reason for the delay in me getting my refund??? I do not call speaking the truth, Trashing someone, especially when the documents I have laid out back up my allegations. These my friend are called facts. Trashing someone wold be throwing out false claims with no merit.

Please stand by for further notice…
Been standing by for 9 months and counting.

I'm your Huckleberry
Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5910979 09/03/15 01:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
popcorn

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5911027 09/03/15 02:17 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
There seems to be a good demand for a product like this. Seems like a good opportunity for someone with investment cash to start making them.

My advice to Dan would be to stop customizing and make a standard product that can be cranked out quickly, and then sell enough to get a "pad" so you don't have to require any deposit. Have some of each height sitting there ready to go. But I don't think Dan will do this, he doesn't sound like much of a business man.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer [Re: hammerhead] #5911059 09/03/15 02:29 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
How do you make payroll if you don't have any cash on hand? I'd tell him 24 hours or see you in court.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide