Texas Hunting Forum

** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer

Posted By: hammerhead

** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 04:33 PM

Buyer beware of Ultra Deer Tower in Ft Worth. I placed my order for a 10 ft tower back in Jan., and was told at the time he had a couple bunkers ahead of me and I would be after those. Fast forward to August and still no tower, I made multiple attempts to contact Dan via email and telephone and got no response. As a private investigator I began digging and found a business associate whom I spoke with, and Dan suddenly emailed me. He claimed he is so busy he has not had time to respond.
When I asked for a refund of my deposit, he refused, and said when he sells another blind like I ordered he would refund my money. I did not order anything extra or fancy, just a basic 10ft blind. If your as busy as you claim, then you should be able to refund my money.
I have made repeated attempts to recover my deposit with no success... Anyone thinking about buying from this guy BEWARE!!!

Dan Rosenauer

Ultra Deer Towers

Design, Quality Control

Marketing / Sales

682-667-5008

Dan@UltraDeerTowers.com
Posted By: Cast

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:02 PM

Show us your receipt. I'm calling BS!

bs

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:11 PM

Once I figure out how to convert PDF to Jpeg I will upload, Then I expect a apology from you CAST...I have no reason to lie on here..

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:20 PM

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:20 PM

I'm open to that.

My dealings with Dan reflect the opposite, and getting in touch is as easy as driving up to the gate and walking inside. We communicate via email and cell phone too. I've seen no 10' blinds there lately, they're a little rare and only pop up when they cut a super blind and leave a little 10' section as the cut off. Find the other thread for more info.

Here's mine, show me yours.

Posted By: NewJeep

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:23 PM

Is that price for the box blind and tower?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:25 PM

I do not live close enough to show up in person, and I have produced my receipt as requested. I assure you and everyone else I have other things to do than than make up something about someone. When I placed my order he advised me his best seller was the 30 ft blind. Since the tanks are 40ft my 10 ft blind would be easy and he had plenty of them.
I am happy Cast had a good experience,I only wish mine would have went as planned. I do not think waiting for almost 9 months for my blind and never receiving it and asking for a refund is unreasonable.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:26 PM

OK Kevin, I apologise. You ordered in December? Looks like I ordered 10 days before you ordered. My first blind is already finished and sold. Dan took it and upgraded me to a 21' blind. The 21' blind is in construction and promised to be on my lease in October.

I'll swing by there today, if my DeerView door is finished, I go right by Dan's shop getting there. I'm printing your invoice out and will ask him about it, AND, I will get an answer.

Thanks for worrying me Kev.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:28 PM

10ft Tower blind only...

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep
Is that price for the box blind and tower?

The blind is the tower, it is standing on end. This is my first one, an 11' model.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:31 PM

I am glad you got yours, I have been forced to go another route now... I have received several private messages on here of people who have had bad dealings with this guy as well. Guess you got lucky Cast....

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:33 PM

I appreciate your help Cast... Thank you very much..

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 05:45 PM

I don't know what the difference is, but the main thing I pray for is patience. I have also managed to maintain a good relationship with Dan, maybe that helps. I also know his foreman, another nice guy. I'll swing by there this week, maybe today and get an update,
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 06:37 PM

Hammerhead,
Looks like you can prove yourself. I hate someone that gets shady on you. Enough said for me not to worry about calling him.
Posted By: glens

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Dan took it and upgraded me to a 21' blind. The 21' blind is in construction and promised to be on my lease in October.

You haven't got your new blind either???

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 06:48 PM

Thanks tdecker22

glens, Yes I have purchased a new blind.. I learned my lesson and purchased one already built and picked it up the same day I paid for it..

I just want say I have never done anything like this before to anyone.. I am just bent out of shape here, when someone tells me something and then does something totally different, I have a problem with that.
If you cannot honor your word, then be a man and own up to it and do the right thing.

I do not want anything that I am not rightfully owed...
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hammerhead

If you cannot honor your word, then be a man and own up to it and do the right thing.

I do not want anything that I am not rightfully owed...

I feel for you hammer ...that's a lot of money not to be refunded

I have dealt with many losers who promised to pay but never did

some as little as $45 and as far away as South Africa and Australia

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 07:08 PM

DeerView just called, the door will be ready tomorrow, on the way back, I'll stop and see if I can catch Dan. I have Kevin's invoice in my pocket, if any more of you guys have invoices, post them up. I will get an answer for you from the horse's mouth.
Posted By: glens

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: glens
Dan took it and upgraded me to a 21' blind. The 21' blind is in construction and promised to be on my lease in October.

Hammerhead that was directed at cast. Had the same thing happen years ago on a idem and it was worth the trip downtown and lawyer fees. I'd be po'ed too.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/01/15 07:52 PM

Oh, me. It's in construction, I posted pics of it earlier. I'll update tomorrow. I'll get my blind.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 03:08 AM

That's what I was thinking? Hasn't there been a couple post here lately about this?

Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 09:38 AM

Cast,
You ordered and placed a deposit on a blind nearly nine months ago. You still do not have the product. And you are chastising people about warning others about the deceptive trade practices of this jackwagon???

You must be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Please get help. Custom houses are built quicker than that.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 10:08 AM

It's hard sometimes to read between the lines from a post, but it sure seems Cast is defending this company to no ends. I personally wouldn't be a happy customer waiting 9 months for a deer blind. bs
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 12:03 PM

Well there is always next deer season........
Posted By: Western

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Well there is always next deer season........
rofl

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 03:41 PM

You guys aren't paying attention. I'm on my second blind since I ordered in December. I like Dan, but I am a little concerned as to what is really going on here.

Hammerhead, did you cancel your order, or is it still pending? My door is ready, I'll swing by there today and see whats what. I'm done defending him until I get more information.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 07:46 PM

Cast you are actually making my point stronger, your on your second blind and we ordered 10 days apart. I have not received my only blind and he could not even give me a completion date. At that point I cancelled my order and was forced to go elsewhere and purchase a blind. I do not think waiting 9 months for a blind is being unreasonable. Especially now I know some people have already received 2 blinds since I placed my order.....
I just want my money back and to be done with this guy.....

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 08:17 PM

Hammerhead,

I made the run and got my door from Tyler. On the way back, I swung by and talked with Dan. It was interesting.

I showed Dan your receipt and he just shook his head and cussed under his breath. He's not fond of you either...

In a nutshell, you ordered, paid a deposit, and then got antsy and backed out of the deal. Now, you broke the contract you had with Dan when you backed out, so that means your deposit is forfeit. Dan doesn't have to refund your deposit, but when you asked him for it, he said he would give it back to you when he sold the blind you ordered. That seems fair to me, he has two 10' cut and waiting to sell. One of them must be yours. He's waiting for an order on one of those and when he gets a deposit on it, it will be yours.

I heard about the tactics you used to harass him and his family Hammerhead, and I'm SMDH over that. If I was Dan, I'd tell you to bite me and you wouldn't get a penny, but I'm not a nice guy like Dan.

Oh, BTW, there was large crew swarming over my new 21' blind while I was there, it is standing up by now and will be ready soon.

Posted By: Stinger13

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 08:29 PM

Hammerhead,

I made the run and got my door from Tyler. On the way back, I swung by and talked with Dan. It was interesting.

I showed Dan your receipt and he just shook his head and cussed under his breath. He's not fond of you either...

In a nutshell, you ordered, paid a deposit, and then got antsy and backed out of the deal. Now, you broke the contract you had with Dan when you backed out, so that means your deposit is forfeit. Dan doesn't have to refund your deposit, but when you asked him for it, he said he would give it back to you when he sold the blind you ordered. That seems fair to me, he has two 10' cut and waiting to sell. One of them must be yours. He's waiting for an order on one of those and when he gets a deposit on it, it will be yours.

I heard about the tactics you used to harass him and his family Hammerhead, and I'm SMDH over that. If I was Dan, I'd tell you to bite me and you wouldn't get a penny, but I'm not a nice guy like Dan.

Oh, BTW, there was large crew swarming over my new 21' blind while I was there, it is standing up by now and will be ready soon.

Are those crickets I hear???
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 08:30 PM

Cast, glad your blind is getting finished. I think this should lay to rest any more witch hunting against dan and Ultra-deer-blinds...

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/02/15 10:51 PM

Let me be clear, nobody got antsy... If 9 months is ansty then I guess I am guilty.. As far as harassment goes I spoke to one person after I tried repeated times to contact him direct. They agreed to get a message to him and that was when he suddenly emailed me.
Not sure how he was able to spin all this around back on me, you have already received your blind ordered 10 days prior to mine.??????? Now your 2nd blind is almost done..
I appreciate the fact that you spoke with him about this matter, and I would not expect anything less the your support for Dan since he is treating you right. I only hope this continues for you and wish you nothing but the best....Thanks again for your effort, if I never get my money at least several people will know to be cautious.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 12:24 AM

9 months Cast..really

Stockholm syndrome
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 01:07 AM

Cast,
You are not on your second blind. Dan is getting caught in his half truths. I would short-sell Ultra if it was a public company!

This is your quote from the other Ultra Deer Tower post-

"But Dan had a guy screaming about his 12' blind so I let him give him my finished 12' blind. In return, Dan is upgrading me to a 20' blind. I'll add a couple more options to the bigger blind, a floor on the ground deck, twin sleeper decks and windows in lower section. He delivers it in October. That's fine cause the site is not ready yet. Work week is in September. It'll be done then."

Why did you redact the sales price on your receipt? A little compensation from Dan for web damage control? That would make sense in light of your actions and statements.

Do you weigh more than a duck?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 01:59 AM

Dead eye Mike I must say your name says it all, I missed this point earlier.... Now it all makes total sense.... I may never see my money out of this deal, however I only hope I may have saved some other fellow hunter out there the trouble I am experiencing....

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:00 AM

popcorn
Posted By: 603Country

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:30 AM

Ooooo, more popcorn. This is gittin good.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:35 AM

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:08 AM

eek2

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:31 AM

popcorn popcorn popcorn
Posted By: txshntr

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:53 AM

9 months for a deer stand and still don't have it? When I looked at the website, it says:

Quote:
How long of a waiting period is required after ordering an Ultra Deer Tower?
We try our best to produce your order within 60 days…depending on weather…we build Ultra Deer Towers on a concrete slab at our yard, if it rains we usually have a 2 / 3 day delay in production.

Seems hammerhead might have a point...and I am not posting the post from some other sites saying the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Texas Farmer
Yeah I hear my blind is nice too & I hear he has been using mine as a model too but that's not what we agreed upon, when I ordered it part of our deal was to get it here last year 2014 , he swore he would.

Originally Posted By: 3-bar-u
I had the same experience as Texas Farmer. It took me exactly one year to get mine, and it wasn't one of the fancy models. I called just about every month and got the same sad story as Tx Farmer.It is really a neat stand but he is going to hurt his business by not being honest with the customers.

And of course this:

Quote:
So, I got to speak with Dan. He started right up thanking me for sticking up for him. It seems that a new client had seen this thread and asked him about it. In a nutshell, Dan said he can't imagine who these guys are. He said a couple of really arrogant guys came by for a tour, possibly that is where they got the info on current builds, like the super tower now in construction, but he can't say why they would declare jihad on him and UDT.

I will be honest. Sounds like Cast is being an advocate (his own words) for Dan. I can respect that, but from my perspective, it is a losing battle. Especially since he had to give up one of his blinds so another irate customer could have it and stop yelling at him. Seems like Dan makes excuses and has bad words to say about anyone that he has a problem with or provides a negative review (this thread and the other thread).

From looking at the threads here, online content, other sites, etc., it looks like Dan has a great product and the folks that did get theirs are very happy. It looks like Dan doesn't always meet his agreements but has a way to justify it when things go south or he doesn't make good on his promise.

Doesn't mean that he is a bad person, just that he might overload himself and his crews and make commitments that he can't keep.

Does seem like a refund would be forthcoming and a good business practice. If the blinds are that great and business is so busy it takes 9 months to get a blind (maybe), should be pretty easy to sale one that isn't even finished yet.

Good luck and hope that Dan makes it right.

Just my 2cents
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:57 AM

Seems to be lots of 'screaming' customers. If I give somebody $900 of my money they better never be too busy to give me a call, text or email in 9 frickin months. This sounds shady or at the very least, extremely poor customer service.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:32 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... popcorn

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:43 AM

Sucks there seems to be delay issues with these blinds because I honestly think the product is a great idea. Hope they get it all sorted out.
Posted By: Emmett

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 05:00 AM

I'm with you Hammerhead. There is no reason you should not of had either a new blind months ago or your deposit refunded by now. Good luck and keep after him for your refund, otherwise you are paying him a lot of money to do you wrong. I know I will never go to him for a blind. Good luck

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 08:33 AM

Sounds like the guy floats new blinds with other folks $, Cast $ went to another blind, now he has to wait for # 2, just to appease another PO'd customer. Defend him all you want, the guy is shady and "nice", doesn't color over it IMO.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: stinger13
Hammerhead,

Are those crickets I hear???

Not crickets. It's the sound of a foot being inserted into mouth hammer

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 01:52 PM

I did receive an email last night from Dan, I have copied it here unedited, the red is my response:

First:

We are so sorry you had to purchase a far inferior product…you would have been extremely please with an Ultra Deer Tower…
Guess I will never know this since you never delivered as agreed

Second:

Our position is not hard to grasp…as we have explained in past communications, we don’t have CASH on hand…that makes it impossible to refund until we sell a tower with the same proportions as you ordered…as soon as we have an order for a ten foot unit we will let you know and refund your deposit “post haste”…
Why does it have to exactly like my order, any other deposit would make a good refund, unless you are juggling this entire operation on your customers cash. I think we all know how this story will end.

Finally:

We understand your frustration and all of our crew feels anguish from being so far behind in our production schedule…it has been called to our attention you have been trashing Ultra Deer Towers on the internet…we’re having a hard time trying to figure out just how that will help expedite your funding…seems to us to be counter productive…we need to sell your unit to someone so you may receive what you have asked for…
So by speaking out about my frustration is now the reason for the delay in me getting my refund??? I do not call speaking the truth, Trashing someone, especially when the documents I have laid out back up my allegations. These my friend are called facts. Trashing someone wold be throwing out false claims with no merit.

Please stand by for further notice…
Been standing by for 9 months and counting.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 01:53 PM

popcorn
Posted By: postoak

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:17 PM

There seems to be a good demand for a product like this. Seems like a good opportunity for someone with investment cash to start making them.

My advice to Dan would be to stop customizing and make a standard product that can be cranked out quickly, and then sell enough to get a "pad" so you don't have to require any deposit. Have some of each height sitting there ready to go. But I don't think Dan will do this, he doesn't sound like much of a business man.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:29 PM

How do you make payroll if you don't have any cash on hand? I'd tell him 24 hours or see you in court.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 02:59 PM

Bottom line is regardless of who is right or wrong, if this product were worth a darn and in demand, the builder would have immediately refunded the deposit and sold the blind post haste; if nothing else to save his reputation as ultimately the loser isn't the customer, it is the business owner, especially a small business owner in the hunting community where word of mouth can make or break you. As far as not having cash on hand, if your a small business owner in this line of business, I suggest you keep enough cash on hand or have a line of credit to address situations like this. Odds are you just lost business regardless of who is at fault all over a deposit on a deer stand.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
How do you make payroll if you don't have any cash on hand? I'd tell him 24 hours or see you in court.

Yeah, right.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Dead Eye Mike
Cast,
You are not on your second blind. Dan is getting caught in his half truths. I would short-sell Ultra if it was a public company!

"But Dan had a guy screaming about his 12' blind so I let him give him my finished 12' blind. In return, Dan is upgrading me to a 20' blind. I'll add a couple more options to the bigger blind, a floor on the ground deck, twin sleeper decks and windows in lower section. He delivers it in October. That's fine cause the site is not ready yet. Work week is in September. It'll be done then."

Why did you redact the sales price on your receipt? A little compensation from Dan for web damage control? That would make sense in light of your actions and statements.

Yes, significantly more than a big duck. The 'compensation from Dan for web damage control?' statement is a little over the top here...

I redacted my name and phone numbers because I didn't want you numbskulls doing a CL prank on me. I redacted the price because it's none of your business what I paid. But, for the sake of full disclosure, my initial price was $1500 plus 123.75 tax. I added a few options to up the ante. I'll have less that 2k in the 21' blind. If you must see my non-redacted invoice, I can post it later, just for you.

You guys are like a pack of wolves. Were y'all bullies in High School? Do y'all miss being the BMOC?

I see one difference between y'all and myself. I go to the source and have a discussion. Talking eye to eye and a handshake is my way to do bidness. If you have a problem with Dan, HANDLE IT, DON"T CRY ABOUT IT.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:34 PM

I do not think anyone is crying here Cast.. I own a multi million dollar a year business and this deposit is a matter of principal with me. This forum is a platform to allow us to share good ideas and also warn fellow hunters about folks like Dan who is not doing right by many folks. I have received several private messages from folks who have had bad dealings with Dan. I can only imagine if your blind is not ready in October you will be on here yelling to the roof tops about your bad experience. Just because you got in front Of Dan does not mean he will not still feed you a line of bulls*** just like he did the other day.
As a retired cop, and business owner you should be careful who you elect to bash on here just because they have an opinion that does not match yours sir....

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:39 PM

Yeah, right.

Great answer. And after 9 months and a bunch of mealy-mouthing, you're darned tooting I'd have filed on him.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:40 PM

Now I'm the basher?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:41 PM

Yeah, right.

Great answer. And after 9 months and a bunch of mealy-mouthing, you're darned tooting I'd have filed on him.

It would cost you more than you could gain. Go to court for $900?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:43 PM

I'm out. I'll keep y'all updated on my stand build. Bash whomever you want.

It's just pointless.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 04:43 PM

Cast, I say this with the utmost respect because I have no skin in the game. I have not met Dan and don't plan to buy one of the stands in the future.

It is obvious that you like him and ya'll have become friends. It is obvious you have been treated right and are very happy with your product. What I don't understand is the blind loyalty to him though.

From this thread, the others on here and the ones on some other sights, this issue isn't an isolated event. You have admitted to having to give up a stand to appease an irate customer that I assume isn't one posting on here. His response concerning the refund is worrisome enough to me.

I am a business owner and understand cash flow as well as anyone. I am also a service oriented business. I do my damnedest to make all my customers happy and to do what I say I will do and do it when I say I will do it. Admittedly, I fail some clients and they have a legitimate complaint.

There is a recent client that the job was snake bit from the beginning and only got worse from there. I compeleted all the work but the final stage was unsatisfactory. The client would not allow me to come back and make it right. At that point, the client was left with 50% of the total job to hire someone else (which is significantly more money than the remaining scope will cost). If they came on here and reported truths about my failure, I wouldn't discount them or make them out to be a bad person. I would see it as they are informing others of their experience and what to expect. If 5-10 others joined in and said the same thing, I would begin to doubt my business plan and business model.

I have plenty of friends here and some very close friends. I would not expect them to defend me blindly and ignore the facts that were presented. More than likely, they would call me and say "dude, you really screwed up on that deal. Might see what you can do to make that right."

As a side note, from his post with his responses from Dan, he has been talking to him and dealing with him. Face to face is nice, but if you are a business that accepts orders from long distances, you should make yourself as available as possible by other means.

Again, I don't know Dan and I am sure he is a nice guy, but this deal is bigger than one person "Crying about it."

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 05:06 PM

I think Cast is in a corner having to defend this guy. Has one blind and waiting for #2 after being soft talked out of it. Letting him take yours to appease another customer IMO should have been a red flag combined with all the "chatter" about this outfit.

Read Cast's response to the OP after Cast spoke with "Dan face to face", I wonder if the bashing at that meeting was mutual about the OP? I would assume so after the attack on the OP in the rebuttal.

I wouldn't buy from this guy, or any other person running a business this way unless they had the product to load right then. Go to a fast food joint and buy a $5 meal, they say it will be 30 minutes, OK, but after 3 days.......Most would throw a total hissy over the $5, here we are talking some serious cash.

I hope Cast gets his blind when promised the second time, also hope the OP gets his cash back, don't see how the OP "broke the contract", the builder did when he didn't deliver on time..

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 05:11 PM

That is all kinds of shady. Even his email responses throw up all kinds of red flags and warnings. Not sure why Cast is all in but I hope it works out for everyone who is waiting for their blind or money.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 05:57 PM

Hammerhead, maybe Cast will cover your deposit and wait for Dan to reimburse him? up That way every one is GTG.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 06:04 PM

LOL, I doubt he would agree to that. After reading all this he is wandering now if he will gets his stand in October...
Posted By: huntwest

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 06:29 PM

I did receive an email last night from Dan, I have copied it here unedited, the red is my response:

First:

We are so sorry you had to purchase a far inferior product…you would have been extremely please with an Ultra Deer Tower…
Guess I will never know this since you never delivered as agreed

Second:

Our position is not hard to grasp…as we have explained in past communications, we don’t have CASH on hand…that makes it impossible to refund until we sell a tower with the same proportions as you ordered…as soon as we have an order for a ten foot unit we will let you know and refund your deposit “post haste”…
Why does it have to exactly like my order, any other deposit would make a good refund, unless you are juggling this entire operation on your customers cash. I think we all know how this story will end.

Finally:

We understand your frustration and all of our crew feels anguish from being so far behind in our production schedule…it has been called to our attention you have been trashing Ultra Deer Towers on the internet…we’re having a hard time trying to figure out just how that will help expedite your funding…seems to us to be counter productive…we need to sell your unit to someone so you may receive what you have asked for…
So by speaking out about my frustration is now the reason for the delay in me getting my refund??? I do not call speaking the truth, Trashing someone, especially when the documents I have laid out back up my allegations. These my friend are called facts. Trashing someone wold be throwing out false claims with no merit.

Please stand by for further notice…
Been standing by for 9 months and counting.

Just 3 words for this;
small claims court
Get a judgement on his arse and keep it filed until he pays you. File the suit in small claims court in the county the deposit transaction took place.
If he took your deposit and now says he doesn't have any money then he will loose. You don't need a lawyer just have your contract and this email.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Dead Eye Mike
Cast,

Yes, significantly more than a big duck. The 'compensation from Dan for web damage control?' statement is a little over the top here...

I redacted my name and phone numbers because I didn't want you numbskulls doing a CL prank on me. I redacted the price because it's none of your business what I paid. But, for the sake of full disclosure, my initial price was $1500 plus 123.75 tax. I added a few options to up the ante. I'll have less that 2k in the 21' blind. If you must see my non-redacted invoice, I can post it later, just for you.

You guys are like a pack of wolves. Were y'all bullies in High School? Do y'all miss being the BMOC?

I see one difference between y'all and myself. I go to the source and have a discussion. Talking eye to eye and a handshake is my way to do bidness. If you have a problem with Dan, HANDLE IT, DON"T CRY ABOUT IT.

Wow!!

You are are different in more than one way from me Cast I can assure you. It's obvious from all the other threads on this guy that he has no concept about talking eye to eye and standing behind his handshake. To send out the kind of email he did shows me he has no class and shady is an understatement.

And you are wrong about it not being worth taking him to court. As stated above, you don't need a lawyer for this one, just file in small claims in the county he does business. I think you would have a bandwagon of forum members there ready to testify about there experiences with him.

Pack of wolves? rofl

No. Not even close. This is a good example of knowing who your going to go to battle for before you do. And you saw and heard the body of evidence from this guys dealings and you ignored it because he struck a deal with you to make you happy while he's been crapping on other forum members.

Based on what I've read on all the threads about this guy, if you buy from him knowing all this history, you deserve to be taken for a ride. 2cents

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 10:48 PM

popcorn

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 11:16 PM

popcorn
roflmao STX, we are going to need the big Red popper for this one. Cast came in dogging the OP, when he got proof, he went to the "face to face", came back after buying "Dan's" BS and slapped the OP again, then said he was "out". An he has almost 2k on the line rofl

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 11:25 PM

This really really sucks. I want one of these blinds bang
Posted By: texashelms

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/03/15 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
This really really sucks. I want one of these blinds bang

From reading this post they have a ten footer for sale. bolt
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 12:36 AM

If I was a rich man I'd buy the 10' just to see if the OP would really get his deposit back. Shame on Dan!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 12:54 AM

He will be out of business soon if things do not change. It sounds like he is floating money from one project to the next to stay afloat. If he has to sell something to pay up, this is bad, or he is a total turd (or both). It may be that he is a bad business man or just gets deposits an runs off to Vegas (I use that scenario because I have seen this happen). Maybe he needs to charge more to stay afloat. Either way it doesn't look good.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 12:57 AM

He's is strapped for cash and using deposits to finish blinds that he should have finished months ago. He took a deposit on something he could not deliver on time and doesn't have the cash to refund it. Making payroll and living out of the business has gotten ahead of him and he blames others for his poor business habits and lack of working capital. It's a shame because it appears he has a good product just doesn't possess the discipline to manage his money.
Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 02:24 AM

This is why I say put it on a credit card and if he doesn't follow through dispute the whole ordeal.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: StephensCnty308
This is why I say put it on a credit card and if he doesn't follow through dispute the whole ordeal.

It would be hard to dispute 9 months later though.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 04:21 AM

I have a suggestion: Everyone on this forum can donate 10-20 bucks until we get enough to purchase a 10 footer so hammer can get his deposit back. We then draw a name to see who gets the blind. Not sure if my post is within guidelines or if the plan would be legal for the site.

1.) Hammer gets his money back (the big issue)

2.) Someone gets a good deal on a blind for NEXT season.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 11:50 AM

I don't even think the blind will be ready for next season at this rate.....

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 11:57 AM

loco

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 02:28 PM

LOL - I agree with STX I do not have any faith he could have you a blind built any time soon... At this point I feel I have accomplished a very good thing by warning 1200 + fellow THF members to be aware of this guy. I do not anticipate I will ever see my money again, however the power of social media is a great thing. I really appreciate everyone's support on here it has been great.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 02:32 PM

This is the blind I ended up buying last week. Very pleased with it thus far, and I got it the same day I paid for it!!!

Posted By: jetdad

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 03:14 PM

That is a really neat looking blind. Sometimes life teaches us lessons the hard way. Thanks for the warning. You're right, social media can be very effective at times.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/04/15 05:52 PM

6 pages and counting all over a deposit on a deer stand. Too funny.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/05/15 01:14 AM

This is the blind I ended up buying last week. Very pleased with it thus far, and I got it the same day I paid for it!!!

Any pics of the inside?

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/07/15 06:07 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/07/15 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
6 pages and counting all over a deposit on a deer stand. Too funny.

6 pages of consumer warning and $811. I could go more pages than that for $100, and even more if it meant saving my fellow hunters a few bucks and a lot of aggravation.

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/07/15 08:50 PM

popcorn

Re: ** Beware** Ultra Deer tower-Dan Rosenauer - 09/07/15 09:44 PM

popcorn

stir roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum