Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: 338ultra] #5871033 08/09/15 11:39 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: 338ultra
If we all grew up in a time and country that did not allow hunting and had not for several generations, how would your opinions differ? You would have no preconceived notions to base an opinion from. No one would care if you shot it with a bazooka, a BB gun or stoned said animal to death. No one would care if it was behind a HF or LF or NF. Even Nogalus wouldn't have an opinion on what was right and wrong. We are headed to a time when we will not be able to hunt because to many people want to argue that their way is the only "ethical" way. And if hunters can't figure out how to stand together, no matter the LEGAL means of harvest, then we're all screwed anyway. If the dentist killed the lion illegally then he is not a hunter but a poacher. We still don't even know all the facts of this hunt. All we know is what the media wants to sensationalize and let us in on. Before we crucify the guy lets get all the facts. I have no desire to hunt Africa, but by all means, if you do I support you. I don't care if you shoot your whitetail every year behind a 2 acre high fence and brag how tough the hunt was and how big the buck was. I don't care if you hunt to eat it, hunt to hang it on the wall or hunt to just kill it (legally on this one, no wonton waste). If it's legal and no meat is wasted that is edible (don't count hogs in this) then hunt anyway you like. This Holier than Thou attitude of I'm right is ignorant, get over yourself.

Summed up my thoughts to a "T"... On all accounts.

I'm out yall have fun

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5871186 08/10/15 01:29 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Read on another forum or two, but haven't been able to find a viable root source - ABF abandons all taxidermy shipments. I don't know how many taxidermists use ABF, and the deer hunters that drop off and pick up their own stuff won't be affected, but a lot of taxidermists could be, particularly if this bs snowballs with other freight companies. I've posted a question about it in the taxidermy section.

Not trying to start or further any internet rumors. But, if true, it's kinda like oil in Texas - all these posters that think they're not connected to "Cecil"/African/Trophy hunting (the "who cares?" set) might find out they were wrong.

My stuff hit Houston back in June and is at the taxidermist and tannery. My buddy's stuff got separated and is sitting in Johannesburg, due here in September.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5871618 08/10/15 01:37 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Creekrunner, that makes sense. I think the shippers that game parts are a minute % of their revenue will turn PC on a dime.

How bad is PC, read yesterday that Target is considering removing the "girls and Boys" signs at the clothing and shoes areas, because of complaints concerning gender biased. The "few" have been gaining ground as the "many" tolerate it.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: Western] #5871745 08/10/15 03:07 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Western
Creekrunner, that makes sense. I think the shippers that game parts are a minute % of their revenue will turn PC on a dime.

How bad is PC, read yesterday that Target is considering removing the "girls and Boys" signs at the clothing and shoes areas, because of complaints concerning gender biased. The "few" have been gaining ground as the "many" tolerate it.

That's what makes this so wild - it's like the millennia old, I think of it as almost a law of nature, that the majority rules is being obliterated by the few, the deranged, the social media obsessed.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: 338ultra] #5872000 08/10/15 06:28 PM
G
GOLDSTEIN Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Originally Posted By: 338ultra
If we all grew up in a time and country that did not allow hunting and had not for several generations, how would your opinions differ? You would have no preconceived notions to base an opinion from. No one would care if you shot it with a bazooka, a BB gun or stoned said animal to death. No one would care if it was behind a HF or LF or NF. Even Nogalus wouldn't have an opinion on what was right and wrong. We are headed to a time when we will not be able to hunt because to many people want to argue that their way is the only "ethical" way. And if hunters can't figure out how to stand together, no matter the LEGAL means of harvest, then we're all screwed anyway. If the dentist killed the lion illegally then he is not a hunter but a poacher. We still don't even know all the facts of this hunt. All we know is what the media wants to sensationalize and let us in on. Before we crucify the guy lets get all the facts. I have no desire to hunt Africa, but by all means, if you do I support you. I don't care if you shoot your whitetail every year behind a 2 acre high fence and brag how tough the hunt was and how big the buck was. I don't care if you hunt to eat it, hunt to hang it on the wall or hunt to just kill it (legally on this one, no wonton waste). If it's legal and no meat is wasted that is edible (don't count hogs in this) then hunt anyway you like. This Holier than Thou attitude of I'm right is ignorant, get over yourself.

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapWELL SAID! clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

Retirement Planning & Asset Management
www.SullivanFinancialPartners.com
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: blackcoal] #5873534 08/11/15 05:11 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Strange but I don't see any of you mighty hunters jumping into the lion pit at the zoo. So what does it matter if the lion hunts its own food or a zoo keeper provides the food. And I just posed a question, nothing more or less.

Why don't we have a open hunting section and an open killing section??

Strange to not see a mighty hunter jump into a lion pit? What is so strange about not doing something so STUPID?

We don't have a open killing section because you and anyone else on here does not get to decide what is hunting and what is killing. You can decide for yourself, but not for me.

Would be nice if you would take the time to read earlier posts before coming in with half baked opinions.

Many people want to know if riding in a truck, chasing down and running over a hog, is hunting or killing. If you stop to gut shoot the hog but never get out of the truck, is that hunting or killing? Another post recently was on the subject of what members liked to run over in their car. Possums, coons, turtles, armadillos etc. Then wonder why people have trouble understanding what hunting is about???
hammer
We keep shooting ourselves in the foot. I shot my first dove sixty years ago next Sept 1 outside of Penwell Tx. Back then we hunted. I never recall anyone bragging about gut shooting animals. Maybe we can start getting some posts in the ammo section about the best bullet to wound but not kill.

I gut shoot hogs with a 22 while I'm deer hunting but any other time I shoot them wherever the hell I can with whatever gun I have with me. I don't brag about it but I do it. Hogs are vermin to me and I don't care how they die I just want them to die. It's no different than poison for mice or bugs. When it comes to killing hogs I simply throw my morals out the window. Not proud of it but it is what it is.

Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5873545 08/11/15 05:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Some see hogs as game animals... Some see them as a threat to their well being just like people who hate yotes with a vengeance.

Who are we to judge those that are protecting their lively hood.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Cecil Lion # 2... [Re: LuckyHunter] #5875685 08/12/15 09:17 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide