Re: CWD in Texas [Re: therancher] #5859527 08/02/15 02:51 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: therancher
Originally Posted By: JMalin
The industry of deer farming is morally and ethically bankrupt. I hope the two more positive tests puts an end to the practice.

Really? Care to detail your justification for that statement? Or are you God?
Only question I have is what you are doing up at 2:40 am?

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: stxranchman] #5859561 08/02/15 03:26 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: nsmike
The biggest concern is that, if it turns out that CWD was transmited through semen straws, it'll be the first time such transmission has been documented.

Oh and you can bet flounder will take credit for predicting that too.

CWD, spreading it around...

for the game farm industry, and their constituents, to continue to believe that they are _NOT_, and or insinuate that they have _NEVER_ been part of the problem, will only continue to help spread cwd. the game farming industry, from the shooting pens, to the urine mills, the antler mills, the sperm mills, velvet mills, shooting pens, to large ranches, are not the only problem, but it is painfully obvious that they have been part of the problem for decades and decades, just spreading it around, as with transportation and or exportation and or importation of cervids from game farming industry, and have been proven to spread cwd. no one need to look any further than South Korea blunder ;

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5815711/all/CWD_in_Texas

breeding cervids, captive shooting pens, straw bred bucks, antler mills, sperm mills, all these type business are a petri dish for Chronic Wasting Disease CWD. not that it matters to the TAHC, they been letting CWD waltz across Texas from the WSMR in NM since around 2002, where I told them then, it was waltzing across from the TRANS PECOS region. did they listen? no, and the rest is history. TEXAS is CWD positive now. and YES, CWD does transmit to other species, and YES, there is a risk factor for humans, and that risk factor has grown now that there are multiple strains of CWD. these are the facts as I have come to know them doing daily research of the TSE CWD mad cow type prion, after loosing my mother to the hvCJD 'confirmed', 15 years ago. sporadic CJD cases are rising, and the age is getting younger. ...tss

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-new-hornographers-fight-over-future.html

http://transmissiblespongiformencephalop...-standards.html

price of poker goes up for those Boone-Crocket type straw bred bucks. see ;

Saturday, February 11, 2012

PrPSc Detection and Infectivity in Semen from Scrapie-Infected Sheep

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-supplement-from-deer-antler-velvet.html

Max Dream, the Madera Bonita Ranch's prized buck, is a semen-producing cash cow. Mike Wood

IF semen from CWD infected cervidae does and can be proven to contain infectivity with the prion agent (remember, there is more than one strain of CWD), then those straw bred BC straws filled with semen and sold for high dollar, well, the price of poker there will drop for sure $

Saturday, February 11, 2012

PrPSc Detection and Infectivity in Semen from Scrapie-Infected Sheep

http://transmissiblespongiformencephalop...ctivity-in.html

Envt.18: Mother to Offspring Transmission of Chronic Wasting Disease

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-new-hornographers-fight-over-future.html

snip...see

in my opinion, these game farms and straw bred circus freak shows for super bucks are nothing more than a petri dish for CWD TSE prion disease.

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/11/alabama-big-buck-project-cwd-tse-prion.html

kind regards, terry

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5859565 08/02/15 03:30 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Two more deer test positive for chronic wasting disease

 4:59 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1, 2015 | Filed in: News

The state could slaughter the remainder of the Medina County herd to protect the state’s 4 million wild deer. 

Deer breeder Robert Patterson downplays chronic wasting disease. 

Opponents of deer breeding say euthanasia is part of normal protocol. 

State officials said Saturday that two additional deer from a captive herd in Medina County tested positive for a contagious, degenerative neurological disease, a discovery that could lead to the annihilation of an entire herd of deer.

Two preliminary tests came back positive for chronic wasting disease, but confirmation will have to wait until samples are tested by the diagnostic laboratory in Ames, Iowa, officials said. Results could be available by the middle of next week, said Josh Havens, spokesman for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

State scientists with Texas Parks and Wildlife and the Texas Animal Health Commission took 35 deer — which included bucks, does and fawns — from a ranch near San Antonio owned by breeder Robert Patterson to be euthanized and tested. The postmortem testing of brain stems, lymph nodes and rectums began Tuesday.

Two more deer test positive for chronic wasting disease photo

Jay Janner

Deer breeder Robert Patterson of Medina County attends a meeting of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Commission last month on chronic wasting disease.

Patterson has been anxiously awaiting test results. Officials with the wildlife department said last month that they would wait to see the outcome of the testing before deciding what to do with the rest of Patterson’s herd, sometimes referred to as the “index herd.” The state could choose to slaughter the remainder of the herd to protect the state’s 4 million wild deer.

“We aren’t going to make a knee-jerk reaction regarding the rest of the herd without having results from Ames,” Havens said.

He added that “ultimately any decision made will be based on what is in the best interest of the state’s entire captive and free-ranging deer herds.”

Chronic wasting disease — which only affects deer, elk and maybe moose, but not humans — was discovered this summer for the first time in white-tailed deer in Texas on Patterson’s ranch. It can cause weight loss, behavioral changes, brain lesions, excessive salivation, pneumonia, difficulty swallowing and head tremors.

Patterson, who is one of 1,300 deer breeders in Texas, wasn’t available for comment Saturday. But he said last week that about 100 adult deer — many of which are highly rated bucks with large racks of antlers — remain in his pens. About 100 fawns also live there. Patterson has said he considers chronic wasting disease to be benign and noted that there are no known cases of Texas white-tailed deer — including his own — dying of chronic wasting disease.

Scott Bugai, a deer breeder and veterinarian who lives near Seguin, said there needs to be a lot thought before a decision is made.

“We need to look at this and try to determine what options are available for the index herd owner,” said Bugai, who serves as vice president of the Texas Deer Association, which advocates for breeders.

Since chronic wasting disease appeared in Medina County, the state has banned most breeders from moving their captive deer around the state. But the vast majority of breeders — most of whom raise their animals to sell to ranchers ahead of hunting season — are hoping state officials soon lift the ban and allow them to transport deer before Sept. 22, or they won’t be able to sell the trophy bucks they have bred.

Deer breeding opponents, including Texans for Saving Our Hunting Heritage, have warned that there are risks in confining and moving captive deer around the state.

The group’s executive director, Jenny Sanders, said Saturday that euthanasia and transportation restrictions have been part of the protocol when disease has been found in other animals.

“With risk comes a responsibly,” said Sanders, who manages a large ranch in South Texas. “We need to do what we can to stop the bleeding.”

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/two-more-deer-test-positive-for-chronic-wasting-di/nnBWn/

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Texas CWD Medina Captive Two more deer test positive for chronic wasting disease CWD TSE Prion

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2015/08/texas-cwd-medina-captive-two-more-deer.html

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5859632 08/02/15 04:06 PM
J
jmh004 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Morally bankrupt? That's a little extreme. Heck if that's the case, raising cattle would be in the same boat.

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5859694 08/02/15 04:45 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I remember back in the early BSE Inquiry days, before all this stuff was on the www, I was getting the stuff on a day by day via airmail from Her Majesty's Court via FOIA in hard copy form. now it can be accessed via www, if you can find it. I found some of it in my files. some of you may find interest in this. I am not sure if the same risk factors might be addressed with cwd tse prions with cervids. but we must not leave any rock left unturned. ...

PITUITARY EXTRACT

This was used to help cows super ovulate. This tissue was considered to be of greatest risk of containing BSE and consequently transmitting the disease...

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or superovulationcwdtsepriondocious ?

Superovulation and embryo recovery in Red deer (Cervus elaphus ) hinds.

Fennessy PF1, Fisher MW, Shackell GH, Mackintosh CG. Author information 1Invermay Agricultural Centre Private Bag Mosgiel New Zealand.

Abstract

In two experiments, Red deer hinds were synchronized with intravaginal progesterone and were given 4 d of treatment (3 d before progesterone withdrawal and 1 d after) with an ovine follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) preparation which had a claimed low level of luteinizing hormone (LH) contamination. In Experiment 1, 12 hinds received one of four FSH levels by osmotic minipump. Hinds were run with fertile stags, and laparotomy and embryo recovery were performed 9 d after progesterone withdrawal. The ovulation rates (mean of three hinds per dosage) were 1.0, 2.0, 4.3 and 15.3 (number of corpora lutea counted) for estimated daily dosages rates of 0.036, 0.071, 0.11 and 0.14 units FSH preparation/day; the response to the increasing dosage was exponential (P<0.01). The recovery rate of ova on flushing was 38% (24 63 ), with all recovered ova being fertilized and of transferable quality. In Experiment 2, performed later in the breeding season, eight hinds received 0.14 units FSH/day either by minipump or by intramuscular injection. The mean ovulation rates were 3.0 and 11.0 (a significant difference, P<0.01), respectively, with a recovery rate of 72% (34 47 ), and with only 18 34 ova considered to be of transferable quality. The recovery rate in Experiment 2 was significantly higher than that in Experiment 1 (P<0.001). Overall, the results were better than those previously recorded for red deer, perhaps a function of both the FSH preparation used and an improved progesterone profile in estrus synchronization.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0093691X89904767

>> ovine follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)

F8174 Sigma Follicle Stimulating Hormone from sheep pituitary Synonym: FSH

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/f8174?lang=en&region=US

Louping-ill vaccine sheep scrapie blunder

Vaccine for issue had to be free from detectable, living virus and capable of protecting sheep against a test dose of virus applied subcutaneously. The 1935 vaccine conformed to these standards and was issued for inoculation in March as three separate batches labelled 1, 2, and 3. The tissues of 140 sheep were employed to make batch 1 of which 22,270 doses were used; 114 to make batch 2 of which 18,000 doses were used and 44 to make batch 3 of which 4,360 doses were used. All the sheep tissues incorporated in the vaccine were obtained from yearling sheep. During 1935 and 1936 the vaccine proved highly efficient in the prevention of loup-ill and no user observed an ill-effect in the inoculated animals. In September, 1937, two and a half years after vaccinating the sheep, two owners complained that scrapie, a disease which had not before been observed in the Blackface breed, was appearing in their stock of Blackface sheep and further that it was confined to animals vaccinated with louping-ill vaccine in 1935. At that stage it was difficult to conceive that the occurrence could be associated with the injection of the vaccine but in view of the implications, I visited most of the farms on which sheep had been vaccinated in 1935. It was at this point that the investigation reached its dramatic phase; I shall not forget the profound effect on my emotions when I visited these farms and was warmly welcomed because of the great benefits resulting from the application of louping-ill vaccine, wheras the chief purpose of my visit was to determine if scrapie was appearing in the inoculated sheep. The enquiry made the position clear. Scrapie was developing in the sheep vaccinated in 1935 and it was only in a few instances that the owner was associating the occurrence with louping-ill vaccination. The disease was affecting all breeds and it was confined to the animals vaccinated with batch 2. This was clearly demonstrated on a number of farms on which batch 1 had been used to inoculate the hoggs in 1935 and batch 2 to inoculate the ewes. None of the hoggs, which at this time were three- year-old ewes. At this time it was difficult to forecast whether all of the 18,000 sheep which had received batch 2 vaccine would develop scrapie. It was fortunate, however, that the majority of the sheep vaccinated with batch 2 were ewes and therfore all that were four years old and upwards at the time of vaccination had already been disposed of and there only remained the ewes which had been two to three years old at the time of vaccination, consequently no accurate assessment of the incidence of scrapie could be made. On a few farms, however, where vaccination was confined to hoggs, the incidence ranged from 1 percent, to 35 percent, with an average of about 5 percent. Since batch 2 vaccine had been incriminated as a probable source of scrapie infection, an attempt was made to trace the origin of the 112 sheep whose tissues had been included in the vaccine. It was found that they had been supplied by three owners and that all were of the Blackface or Greyface breed with the exception of eight which were Cheviot lambs born in 1935 from ewes which had been in contact with scrapie infection. Some of these contact ewes developed scrapie in 1936-37 and three surviving fellow lambs to the eight included in the batch 2 vaccine of 1935 developed scrapie, one in September, 1936, one in February, 1937, and one in November, 1937. There was, therefore, strong presumptive evidence that the eight Cheviot lambs included in the vaccine althought apparently healthy were, in fact, in the incubative stage of a scrapie infection and that in their tissues there was an infective agent which had contaminated the batch 2 vaccine, rendering it liable to set up scrapie. If that assumption was correct then the evidence indicated that:-

(1) the infective agent of scrapie was present in the brain, spinal cord and or spleen of infected sheep: (2) it could withstand a concentration of formalin of 0-35 percent, which inactivated the virus of louping-ill: (3) it could be transmitted by subcutaneous inoculation; (4) it had an incubative period of two years and longer.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/01/slides/3681s2_09.pdf

see part of old report I received;

http://www.whale.to/v/singeltary.html

see vaccines;

http://bseinquiry.blogspot.com/2008/05/mad-cow-disease-bse-cjd-children.html

(It was noted with concern that hormone extracts could be manufactured by a veterinary surgeon for administration to animals under his care without any Medicines Act Control.)

PITUITARY EXTRACT

This was used to help cows super ovulate.

*** This tissue was considered to be of greatest risk of containing BSE and consequently transmitting the disease. ***

BEEF BRAIN AND BRAIN INFUSION BROTHS

Considered to be of great risk.

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102164725/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1988/06/08011001.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102164806/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1988/06/10001001.pdf

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2014/07/supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-or.html

kind regards, terry

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: don k] #5859737 08/02/15 05:23 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: JMalin
The industry of deer farming is morally and ethically bankrupt. I hope the two more positive tests puts an end to the practice.

Really? Care to detail your justification for that statement? Or are you God?
Only question I have is what you are doing up at 2:40 am?

Swine patrol. I knew when I posted someone would bust me. You win the prize!

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: jmh004] #5859742 08/02/15 05:28 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: jmh004
Morally bankrupt? That's a little extreme. Heck if that's the case, raising cattle would be in the same boat.

That's why I requested he elaborate. I'm almost certain he's of the opinion that "wild animals shouldn't be confined or manipulated". I too wonder if he supports the poultry, cattle, swine, and aquaculture industries.

Or, if in his opinion, they are also "morally and ethically bankrupt". You don't suppose he doesn't understand that all animals used to be wild animals?

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: therancher] #5859770 08/02/15 05:44 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
“We aren’t going to make a knee-jerk reaction regarding the rest of the herd without having results from Ames,” Havens said.

He added that “ultimately any decision made will be based on what is in the best interest of the state’s entire captive and free-ranging deer herds.”

Thanks for that quote Flounder.

One way to interpret that quote is that "as soon as we get the affirmation from Ames, we'll make that knee jerk reaction".

Because, if killing the entire index herd at the Patterson's is what they're going to do, then it is in fact a knee jerk reaction and an incredibly ignorant response. It is also not in the best interest of the wild and captive deer herds in Texas.

That herd of deer (and if it is proven to be a result of the semen, the sire's pedigree population) are MUCH more valuable alive than dead.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: therancher] #5859781 08/02/15 05:51 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

One way to interpret that quote is that "as soon as we get the affirmation from Ames, we'll make that knee jerk reaction".

Because, if killing the entire index herd at the Patterson's is what they're going to do, then it is in fact a knee jerk reaction and an incredibly ignorant response. It is also not in the best interest of the wild and captive deer herds in Texas.

That herd of deer (and if it is proven to be a result of the semen, the sire's pedigree population) are MUCH more valuable alive than dead.

Not to non-hunters like flounder.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: stxranchman] #5859788 08/02/15 05:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You would have to be a vegetarian and anti Hunter to want that herd destroyed!!!!

So much more here then just a deer herd in TX....

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: stxranchman] #5859792 08/02/15 06:02 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F

Sir, you are a blatant liar. I am NOT a non-hunter. I have always been an advocate of hunters, just not shooting pens. if your going to spread trash and lies, you will be called out...

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: BOBO the Clown] #5859799 08/02/15 06:09 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

You would have to be a vegetarian and anti Hunter to want that herd destroyed!!!!

correct, it's a deer herd infected with CWD. the entire herd should be eradicated and tested for cwd. any of the cwd positive trace outs should be slaughtered and tested as well. of course I would recommend the entire trace out of close to 1,000 deer or so be slaughtered and tested for cwd. I also believe it should not be up to the tax payer that bails you shooting pens out either. ...just saying/

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDAAPHIS/bulletins/a898b4

terry

Last edited by flounder; 08/02/15 06:13 PM.
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: flounder] #5859862 08/02/15 07:04 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: flounder

correct, it's a deer herd infected with CWD. the entire herd should be eradicated and tested for cwd. any of the cwd positive trace outs should be slaughtered and tested as well. of course I would recommend the entire trace out of close to 1,000 deer or so be slaughtered and tested for cwd. I also believe it should not be up to the tax payer that bails you shooting pens out either. ...just saying/

terry

Only someone who wants to hide the truth for a personal agenda would want to destroy a perfect study group.

Yeah, I just called you out.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: therancher] #5859880 08/02/15 07:30 PM
F
flounder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: therancher [/quote

Only someone who wants to hide the truth for a personal agenda would want to destroy a perfect study group.

Yeah, I just called you out.

''study group'' LOL...

the only folks here with the agenda, just follow the money trail.

I remember another game farm in another state. after they had a positive cwd case, they sat around crying about all those healthy looking deer. even took pictures of the healthy deer just before the cull, crying about how all those healthy deer are going to be slaughtered. some deer farmers even talked about cutting the fence, letting all those healthy deer go. they litigated, argued, time past, and by the time they finally got around to testing that herd, it was a 79.8% cwd infection rate. that land will be useless for decades to come. and this is what you want. good luck with that...

the only way to study these deer at this time, is to kill them, test them, incinerate them, and then quarantine and 5 years is NOT long enough, or you risk exposing other animals and the environment. ...

terry

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: flounder] #5859906 08/02/15 07:50 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

terry

Awesome so you want every deer in ever state that has had a CWD case killed?

Apparently. So since the FIRST 8 cases of CWD are wild deer in Texas it's time to slaughter 3 million deer?

Well there goes all the deer and elk in NM, CO, WY, etc.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5859933 08/02/15 08:19 PM
J
jmh004 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Shooting pens? Who said anything at all about shooting pens? Sounds like terry is making assumptions. And you know what happens when you assume something, right flounder?

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: flounder] #5859969 08/02/15 08:52 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Yeah, I just called you out. [/quote

''study group'' LOL...

the only folks here with the agenda, just follow the money trail.

I remember another game farm in another state. after they had a positive cwd case, they sat around crying about all those healthy looking deer. even took pictures of the healthy deer just before the cull, crying about how all those healthy deer are going to be slaughtered. some deer farmers even talked about cutting the fence, letting all those healthy deer go. they litigated, argued, time past, and by the time they finally got around to testing that herd, it was a 79.8% cwd infection rate. that land will be useless for decades to come. and this is what you want. good luck with that...

the only way to study these deer at this time, is to kill them, test them, incinerate them, and then quarantine and 5 years is NOT long enough, or you risk exposing other animals and the environment. ...

terry

First, I'm not a breeder. I stand to profit big IF they destroy the breeding industry. But I'm a proponent of hunting, good business, and personal freedoms so I would never wish ill on breeders.

Your lie (or ignorance) about "the only way to study them now is to kill them" gives away your agenda. No one with your background wouldn't know that the things that need to be studied are virulence, sourcing, transmissibility, vaccines and live testing. None of those can be studied if you kill the whole herd at once.

Sorry, but you're exposed.

Last edited by therancher; 08/02/15 08:55 PM.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: flounder] #5859974 08/02/15 08:54 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Sir, you are a blatant liar. I am NOT a non-hunter. I have always been an advocate of hunters, just not shooting pens. if your going to spread trash and lies, you will be called out...

Who is spreading lies and trash again? So are you a real hunter or just an "advocate of hunters" as you put it? Sorry you were evasive in your response and I am calling you out for an answer. Also do you support the total slaughter of all the free range mule deer and elk in the postive CWD counties in West Texas?

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: stxranchman] #5860354 08/03/15 02:15 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Who is spreading lies and trash again? So are you hunter or just a advocate hunters as you put it? Sorry you were evasive in your response and I am calling you out for an answer. Also do you support the total slaughter of all the free range mule deer and elk in the postive CWD counties in West Texas?

Awesome question! I can't wait for flounders answer.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5860369 08/03/15 02:22 AM
J
jmh004 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Ill give you a preview. His response will be 400 pages long, and have some examples from some kind of weird deer from central Russia that contracted CWD, and then post the link to his blog about it.

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5860377 08/03/15 02:26 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
So, do you think I should go with the Extra Heavy Duty Tin Foil for my hat or just the standard when I read his response? I want don't want to be under-foiled, cause I fear that just might be the weak link in humans to get CWD.

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5860402 08/03/15 02:42 AM
L
La Longue Carabine Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
L
I can't believe so many people on this forum are claiming that it is "illogical" to kill and test deer on a ranch where a cwd presence has been positively identified. That's ridiculous. There is nothing illogical about damage control in this situation. Limiting the spread of cwd takes precedence. That is completely obvious.

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5860475 08/03/15 03:27 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: La Longue Carabine
I can't believe so many people on this forum are claiming that it is "illogical" to kill and test deer on a ranch where a cwd presence has been positively identified. That's ridiculous. There is nothing illogical about damage control in this situation. Limiting the spread of cwd takes precedence. That is completely obvious.

Then if that is the logical thing to do, why have they not slaughtered all the Mule Deer and Elk in those positive tested counties in West Texas. Will you spearhead the movement to slaughter all those deer and elk out West since that would be the logical thing to do? Oh, wait those deer/elk are not a threat since they are not in pens correct? It has been 3 yrs and surely it has spread all over West Texas by now in all of infected free ranging animals.

Re: CWD in Texas [Re: La Longue Carabine] #5860485 08/03/15 03:43 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: La Longue Carabine

It's completely obvious your solution is illogical and ridiculous. hammer

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: CWD in Texas [Re: Frio County Hunts] #5860496 08/03/15 04:03 AM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Durn, I think I was a first responder on this thread and now its gone code red. I can remember reading about this mess several years ago, and the mag said that they had boiled it down to a low copper mineral in the brain. Hey maybe the deer need a copper lick block. smile Anybody comes around killin all my deer for some weird science experiment, they can go ahead and get a shovel and dig themselves a grave. up Seems like this could brew up in some bodies over populated nasty high fence. Ever seen one of them cesspools around one of them gigantic free choice feeders. You know the one that have sewer water all around it, because the rancher wont move his cattle style feeder. The deer get all kinds of impactions and diseases. Ive herd of this being common. I don't hunt high fence and proud of it. up

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide