Forums46
Topics538,038
Posts9,732,241
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: REALKILLER] #5610367 02/20/15 09:48 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
My wife says, "Tell that to the brat that rubbed his nose in it. We can tell him to be a good friend and preach all day, but I can't control the other kids' mouth. Even if he didn't na-na about it, we don't dislike high fence because it makes my kid feel bad, we dislike it because of the standard for an easy route that it sets. Pay the man and get your deer, son. Don't work for it, don't make an effort. Just throw some money at it. We don't cultivate jealousy in my house, we cultivate hard work." She digresses. As for the $15,000 offer, I don't care to take it out on the natives. They didn't do anything wrong.

Ah yes "didn't work for it". More of the entitlement mentality.

Somebody paid for it. You are not thinking about the work the man did to make the money to buy that deer for his son. Work was done. And the man chose to spend his money that way. Why is it important to you to tell the man he is wrong for spending his money and time the way he chooses?

Oh, and I knew you wouldn't take my challenge. I would have even let you use the corn feeders...

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: Simple Searcher] #5610370 02/20/15 09:52 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
Originally Posted By: Texas Tatonkas
Can someone please address the rational behind hating high fence and being just fine with climbing up in a blind where they deer can't see you, and waiting for them to come to a feeder that is timed....seriously, I want to here how you justify one and not the other. Both are legal? And like I've said, bring a none hunter from another state out to a ranch with high fence and feeders - see which one they laugh at first, the fence or Feeders. Nobody has answered that because it's inconvenient. Seriously though, I want to hear the thought proccess.

I still haven't had anyone answer this....

Everybody has a different level of what they consider acceptable.
I do not know a single person that goes out in the woods with a weapon that he made from what he found in the woods. I watched a show once that had a guy that claimed he did, but he made the bow and arrows in his shop with modern tools and electricity. Even our native Indians stepped up to steel arrow heads and rifles as soon as they could.
I met a guy at the archery counter at Bass Pro that had the guts to say that I was "cheating" when I used my rifle. But his compound bow looked like something from the Transformers movie. It had lasers, pulleys, and gizmos all over it. I told him that he needed a stick and string.
This is where the LF purist comes in. They simply have a different expectation of hunting (and it almost always involves a gun and a feeder). And many are not really educated on HFs. They are usually screaming "pen raised." Thinking this applies to all HFs, not so.
And although all HFers I know put up their fence because of irresponsible LF hunters, I also know that that doesn't apply to all LFers.

If you don't hunt all your animals with only tooth fang and claw, then you are taking an "unfair" advantage over the animal. Unless of course, you are willing to accept the fact that your brain is a legitimate tool.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610390 02/20/15 10:06 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Deer hunting is fun stuff. I like it so much I work in the off season and hunt during the hunting season. Those 160 and up class bucks normally take all season to kill if your lucky enough to find one. You have to do a lot of scouting for deer sign and actual deer sightings. I rarely can find a few pairs of shoes that can make it through the season. I my self have killed several bucks over 160 in East Texas and it didn't happen in just a few days. I probably average about 100 evenings in the woods per year scouting and hunting, and a few morning hunts if the weather is right. I guess you could say it is hard work if you want to go big. Seems like when I do finally have a run in with a big one, its after Christmas, its cold outside and they're either chasin that secondary doe or on a non browse feeding pattern like some form of grass and are hungry enough to make a showing. I've got to be honest I never saw ten of my biggest deer that I've killed until the day I shot them. The real big ones make a of lot good deer sign, but never a lot of hey look at me. I don't use trail cameras, they take away the wondering what he looks like and when he comes out, its just me, him, and me trying hold my composure enough to make the clean kill. And that's the real deal baby. Hearts a poundin and my body is a shakin. Not really bashin anybodys livelihood, hf just aint my thang.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610391 02/20/15 10:07 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Realkiller I don't belittle a person's low fence 120" trophy or a person's 200" high fence trophy. While I personally would rather kill a 160" buck on my place in Missouri than a 200" on a high fence ranch I promise you if I won a hunt in a sweep stakes and a 200" deer was on the table for that hunt I would try hard to get him regardless of the fence. This wasn't started as a low fence/high fence debate and only people like you have made it into that. I don't know if y'all have self esteem issues or it's pure petty jealousy. But not all folks agree with your idea of being a "real hunter". If being a real hunter is walking around in the woods only killing a deer every three to five years like my brother then to hell with that. I'm out to kill deer and eat them. I'm there to kill the biggest buck I can in a given season for the property I hunt. If I had tens of thousands of dollars of discretionary funds I would take fully outfitted and guided hunts for elk, moose and caribou as well. I don't but I don't begrudge those who do. Regardless I know dang good and well most of the nay sayers would guiltlessly plug that buck just like that kid did, just like all of the so called "meat hunters" on here would and just like the average poacher would.

For the record if I had seen the deer on camera, contacted the HF operation and told them and they told me "that sucks but if you see it shoot it", I would as well. The difference in myself and some others on here is I would give that business the opportunity to recover their inventory first because that is how I see it, as their deer. If they refused the opportunity then all bets are off. And when it went on the wall I would leave the tag in so when others looked at it they would know that there was an asterisk * next to it's name in my kill log.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610401 02/20/15 10:16 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I won't post anymore...I promise, kinda is getting old. My last comment is this, why do you have to get upset with how people spend money? Why do you get upset on how other people hunt? Why does it matter to you what other people consider a trophy? Why do you let other peoples trophies, impact how you feel about yours? If your property borders a high fence, it also keeps your deer from going to their property for the HF people to shoot - meaning you have more control on how you manage your deer herd, so why complain about that? Why does it matter to you that a guy has a trophy room of 70 animals he "paid to kill"? Just all seems so childish and kinda is a depressing representation of what our society has become. Do your own thing, but remember it's your own thing - not everyones thing.

And before you say that I was the one preaching my thing and not listening to others views....look back and notice I never bashed anyones way - hunting can be done however you want to legally - and I am all for it, could care less what you chose to do. I did voice my opinion about how I would have notified the person who invested money on the deer, still think I would have done that. Nothing to do with hunting or legal or not. Just feel like I would try to reach out, hope that someday if I lost something - somebody would reach out to me before deciding to do as they please (legal or not).

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: REALKILLER] #5610432 02/20/15 10:33 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Deer hunting is fun stuff. I like it so much I work in the off season and hunt during the hunting season. Those 160 and up class bucks normally take all season to kill if your lucky enough to find one. You have to do a lot of scouting for deer sign and actual deer sightings. I rarely can find a few pairs of shoes that can make it through the season. I my self have killed several bucks over 160 in East Texas and it didn't happen in just a few days. I probably average about 100 evenings in the woods per year scouting and hunting, and a few morning hunts if the weather is right. I guess you could say it is hard work if you want to go big. Seems like when I do finally have a run in with a big one, its after Christmas, its cold outside and they're either chasin that secondary doe or on a non browse feeding pattern like some form of grass and are hungry enough to make a showing. I've got to be honest I never saw ten of my biggest deer that I've killed until the day I shot them. The real big ones make a of lot good deer sign, but never a lot of hey look at me. I don't use trail cameras, they take away the wondering what he looks like and when he comes out, its just me, him, and me trying hold my composure enough to make the clean kill. And that's the real deal baby. Hearts a poundin and my body is a shakin. Not really bashin anybodys livelihood, hf just aint my thang.

And that's perfect. Your way is awesome. For you and for many. I love mule deer hunting in 30,000 acres with no fences and no feeders. But I also like other kinds of hunting.

My problem is folks who want to decide how others should hunt. It's none of my business to tell u how to hunt. Division is no good.

Please don't teach your son to look down on others because they choose a different way to hunt.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610442 02/20/15 10:37 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Come on TT. We can get this to 20 pages.

NRA Life Member
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: passthru] #5610459 02/20/15 10:50 PM
T
TonyinVA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: passthru

On my screen we are on page 31!!!!!!!!!!

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: passthru] #5610473 02/20/15 10:55 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Does a 20 page thread qualify for B&C if it's high fenced??

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610500 02/20/15 11:12 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
You must have itty bitty yankee style pages. Here in Texas everything is bigger. bolt

NRA Life Member
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: passthru] #5610528 02/20/15 11:27 PM
T
TonyinVA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
You must have itty bitty yankee style pages. Here in Texas everything is bigger. bolt

That was a low blow...and VA is considered the South grin

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610673 02/21/15 12:59 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I had a guy I worked with for a couple years who said "anyone north of the Red River is a dang yankee".

NRA Life Member
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: passthru] #5610763 02/21/15 01:45 AM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I don't know if y'all have self esteem issues or it's pure petty jealousy.

Pretty much ruined anything else you had to say.

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5610866 02/21/15 02:33 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Maybe but if you have a better answer for the motivation of those to belittle the legal means and methods of other hunters I am willing to consider it.

NRA Life Member
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: passthru] #5610926 02/21/15 03:06 AM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Maybe but if you have a better answer for the motivation of those to belittle the legal means and methods of other hunters I am willing to consider it.

I'm not wild about HF hunting but I'm certainly not against it either. As long as it is legal I don't care what care what folks do on their land. Why worry about others opinions? Hunt the way you choose.

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: HillbillyDeluxe] #5610937 02/21/15 03:10 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe
I don't know if y'all have self esteem issues or it's pure petty jealousy.

Pretty much ruined anything else you had to say.

Don't blame others for what you see in the mirror of truth.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: Choctaw] #5610939 02/21/15 03:10 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

I'm not wild about HF hunting but I'm certainly not against it either. As long as it is legal I don't care what care what folks do on their land. Why worry about others opinions? Hunt the way you choose.

Perfect.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: therancher] #5611101 02/21/15 05:00 AM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Originally Posted By: therancher
Perfect.

Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #5611274 02/21/15 01:21 PM
R
REALKILLER Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Hey passthru, If I want to, and if I get invited to go on a meat hunt I will go, but I'm really not into the doe and young buck killin. It makes me feel a little guilty. I don't know what it is about it, but I know that a young buck disserves a good long life in the woods and an old doe that is still ploppin out them babies is hard for me to shoot. Where I hunt there isn't exactly a population problem. There's times I don't even see a deer on a hunt. Them meat hunters can have it. There's enough meat in mature buck for me. Saying all this I did get invited to go on a meat hunt a couple a years ago. We were at camp and decided to hunt each end of the public land by a lake. The duck hunters were blastin something fearse, sounded like war. We were doing a morning hunt and it was nice and crispy. My buddy left the camp and said are you even going? I said maybe, but yes I was going to go I just was jacking with him. I knew that with the frost that the deer would wait until the sun came up to move. That's an old Arkansas trick. He left out and I waited for that dim light to appear. I struck out and found where two old logging roads intersected and sat by a tree. The sun came up and the deer were on the move. I ended up shooting a doe and a spike just like the book said I could. I tagged them and covered them up with leaves and some clothing that was closest to my skin to detour coyotes. I walked back to camp and laid back down and waited. My friend showed up and said, DID YOU EVEN GO? I said yes I've got two of them layin in the woods and I covered them up with leaves. He said [censored]. I said no, no [censored]. He had no luck on his hunt. He said he pushed them out when he walked in on them in the dark, so we left camp and retrieved the deer. they were several hundred yards away. so we had a heavy tote. I carried the spike on my shoulders and he got the doe. It was a fun hunt, but I did feel guilty about killin that 1 1/2 year old spike and doe.

Recently got a gym membership, strange folks! I like to show up the roid zombies with my full motion curls with the 55lb. bells. Not their cheater short stroked light weights. It's holarious.
Re: $19,900.00 escaped HF ear tagged buck shot by teen; story from F&S. [Re: REALKILLER] #5611401 02/21/15 03:14 PM
T
TonyinVA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Hey passthru, If I want to, and if I get invited to go on a meat hunt I will go, but I'm really not into the doe and young buck killin. It makes me feel a little guilty. I don't know what it is about it, but I know that a young buck disserves a good long life in the woods and an old doe that is still ploppin out them babies is hard for me to shoot. Where I hunt there isn't exactly a population problem. There's times I don't even see a deer on a hunt. Them meat hunters can have it. There's enough meat in mature buck for me. Saying all this I did get invited to go on a meat hunt a couple a years ago. We were at camp and decided to hunt each end of the public land by a lake. The duck hunters were blastin something fearse, sounded like war. We were doing a morning hunt and it was nice and crispy. My buddy left the camp and said are you even going? I said maybe, but yes I was going to go I just was jacking with him. I knew that with the frost that the deer would wait until the sun came up to move. That's an old Arkansas trick. He left out and I waited for that dim light to appear. I struck out and found where two old logging roads intersected and sat by a tree. The sun came up and the deer were on the move. I ended up shooting a doe and a spike just like the book said I could. I tagged them and covered them up with leaves and some clothing that was closest to my skin to detour coyotes. I walked back to camp and laid back down and waited. My friend showed up and said, DID YOU EVEN GO? I said yes I've got two of them layin in the woods and I covered them up with leaves. He said [censored]. I said no, no [censored]. He had no luck on his hunt. He said he pushed them out when he walked in on them in the dark, so we left camp and retrieved the deer. they were several hundred yards away. so we had a heavy tote. I carried the spike on my shoulders and he got the doe. It was a fun hunt, but I did feel guilty about killin that 1 1/2 year old spike and doe.

offtopic

At this point we need to let this thread die

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide