Forums46
Topics538,016
Posts9,731,838
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MGP] #5568565 01/28/15 06:28 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: MGP
Same thing is happening to mine im going back to .200 when I shot the 2 coyotes the other night it was hard to see but I was able to make the shots and that was only at 116 yards with a UNV 20-IR and I know this did not happen with the .200 firmware when I get home tomorrow im going backwards not good but better than .228. I will also wait for the 2.00 firmware also im done playing.

Yessir, I saw the video. Very dark. Hard to see the yote. Shouldn't be that way. I've used a lot of digital scopes. The current firmware on the X-Sight is baffling to me. I did a video with the prototype and you could see the silhouettes easily at 300 yards with a UNV 20 IR. Not a chance with this mess. I slapped a 67 mm on it and it dimmed even that down. No good.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: dfwroadkill] #5568586 01/28/15 10:11 AM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Originally Posted By: MGP
Same thing is happening to mine im going back to .200 when I shot the 2 coyotes the other night it was hard to see but I was able to make the shots and that was only at 116 yards with a UNV 20-IR and I know this did not happen with the .200 firmware when I get home tomorrow im going backwards not good but better than .228. I will also wait for the 2.00 firmware also im done playing.

Yessir, I saw the video. Very dark. Hard to see the yote. Shouldn't be that way. I've used a lot of digital scopes. The current firmware on the X-Sight is baffling to me. I did a video with the prototype and you could see the silhouettes easily at 300 yards with a UNV 20 IR. Not a chance with this mess. I slapped a 67 mm on it and it dimmed even that down. No good.

Hmmmm so I guess we now know why our results were different in the early goings between you seeing 300 and me topping out at 200 yards.

I figured it wasn't me or how I was working the process but rather a variation between the scopes...

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568601 01/28/15 11:24 AM
W
Wildone Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
I installed the .228 version and mounted the scope on my rifle and bore sighted this past weekend. Not convinced my shimming has worked and will hold but intend on spending more time with it this coming weekend. I did notice the battery drain was a lot quicker than previous but again I'll see just how much this week end. I also noticed that the veiw was dimmer in NV but........In the previous thread I believe I mentioned that I thought my IR illuminator was not working correctly and was on the high setting with NO adjustment. Now, with the .228 version the IR illuminator is doing what it is supposed to do and I can control the IR light, so IMO I would tend to agree with Sachels comment about the sensor adjusting to the light. Now as for what this does for seeing longer range I don't know yet. Hog hunting trip is the end of next week. Looking forward to it and trying this scope out on a pig or two.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Wildone] #5568658 01/28/15 12:48 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Wildone
I installed the .228 version and mounted the scope on my rifle and bore sighted this past weekend. Not convinced my shimming has worked and will hold but intend on spending more time with it this coming weekend. I did notice the battery drain was a lot quicker than previous but again I'll see just how much this week end. I also noticed that the veiw was dimmer in NV but........In the previous thread I believe I mentioned that I thought my IR illuminator was not working correctly and was on the high setting with NO adjustment. Now, with the .228 version the IR illuminator is doing what it is supposed to do and I can control the IR light, so IMO I would tend to agree with Sachels comment about the sensor adjusting to the light. Now as for what this does for seeing longer range I don't know yet. Hog hunting trip is the end of next week. Looking forward to it and trying this scope out on a pig or two.

I noticed the dimming in 200 I found that the firmware changed the light amplification to medium. so it looked very dim as in this video keep in mind this is when the sun was starting to come up at pitch black I could barely see and I have the NV20 IR.. once I changed it to low light amplification it brightened up greatly.

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: cyberpyrot] #5568686 01/28/15 01:14 PM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot
Originally Posted by Wildone

I noticed the dimming in 200 I found that the firmware changed the light amplification to medium. so it looked very dim as in this video keep in mind this is when the sun was starting to come up at pitch black I could barely see and I have the NV20 IR.. once I changed it to low light amplification it brightened up greatly.

Changing to low light amplification did help but I haven't played with it enough im going to try it again tonight before I go back to .200 firmware.
What really ticks me off is these updates are suppose to help and make it better but my Fathers Photon 4.6 XT makes this X-Sight look like crap. I think I need to just get a Photon and use until this X-Sight is fixed. It seems like it was much better when I first starting using it and seems like it is getting worse as time goes on.

Last edited by MGP; 01/28/15 01:26 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568762 01/28/15 02:08 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Yes because it's a firmware delivery to appease us. Spoke to a fellow officer today and he chastised me for buying ATN. I knew better but did anyway.

I got to thinking and now I'm wondering if even the silly, novelty VELOCITY and ALTIMETER work. ??

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568772 01/28/15 02:18 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Man you are the biggest troll ever do you even own the scope? every post you have made has been whiny. we get it you don't like the scope.. almost 40 posts and not even one post out side of the ATN X-sight thread. do you even hunt?

Last edited by cyberpyrot; 01/28/15 02:20 PM.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568801 01/28/15 02:33 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Whiney huh.. My posts aren't for you there high speed. They are for potential buyers of this scope until a proper one is sold as advertised. You don't like you skip over it. Got it.

Took u some effort to put that together. Try using the time to read the warranty and Limitaiin of Liability They have on their site. You'll be excited.

Yea I hunt. When I use scopes that work..

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5568803 01/28/15 02:33 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
They all flicker - put it in low light amplification and shoot some IR out there and tell me whatcha see.

Flicker to be resolved in upcoming updates

I'll test the low amplification tonight. My replacement came with .200 and no flicker. Upgraded to .228 and no flicker. Took some great video last night.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: LastHurrah] #5568844 01/28/15 02:52 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: LastHurrah
They all flicker - put it in low light amplification and shoot some IR out there and tell me whatcha see.

I'll test the low amplification tonight. My replacement came with .200 and no flicker. Upgraded to .228 and no flicker. Took some great video last night.

If your scope doesn't flicker then it isn't performing like the rest of them, which could ultimately be good or bad.

It is well known that ATN hasn't addressed the flicker issue yet so again they all should do it being they are coming in on the same boat.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: DMS1971] #5568873 01/28/15 03:07 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: DMS1971
Whiney huh.. My posts aren't for you there high speed. They are for potential buyers of this scope until a proper one is sold as advertised. You don't like you skip over it. Got it.

Took u some effort to put that together. Try using the time to read the warranty and Limitaiin of Liability They have on their site. You'll be excited.

Yea I hunt. When I use scopes that work..

Last I checked this threat was not for selling/Warning other user ( X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. ) its for owners to discuss possible fixes and issues not cry about it and make sarcastic post about using the scope as a blunt object to kill with. why not start your own thread im sure you will have loads of company in there.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5568874 01/28/15 03:07 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L

If your scope doesn't flicker then it isn't performing like the rest of them, which could ultimately be good or bad.

It is well known that ATN hasn't addressed the flicker issue yet so again they all should do it being they are coming in on the same boat.

Heck idk confused2

Hopefully not a bad thing. Looks great without flicker I'll tell you that. My buddies doesn't flicker either.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: cyberpyrot] #5568886 01/28/15 03:10 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Cyberpyrot - lol yer too cute. Good, you've been paying attention.

I bought my scope bc I thought it was a great deal. This was also a possible preorder for a Department that has been canned. As a cop I eat smart a**'s like you all day everyday.

If you had a good working scope, you wouldn't be on here.

Your not mad at me, your mad at ATN. I didn't sell you a bad scope. I just posted about it.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: DMS1971] #5568896 01/28/15 03:15 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Cyberpyrot - lol yer too cute. Good, you've been paying attention.

I bought my scope bc I thought it was a great deal. This was also a possible preorder for a Department that has been canned. As a cop I eat smart a**'s like you all day everyday.

If you had a good working scope, you wouldn't be on here.

Your not mad at me, your mad at ATN. I didn't sell you a bad scope. I just posted about it.

my scope works fine I was able to hunt with it just fine shot two deer and two pigs.. oops did I strike a nerve mr. officer? also please dont take offence to the pig image. oh and since we are dropping careers im a proctologist I deal with @$#holes like you all day.

Last edited by cyberpyrot; 01/28/15 03:23 PM.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568912 01/28/15 03:22 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Keep it civil you guys

PLEASE

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568916 01/28/15 03:24 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Cyberpyrot

You can continue to sugar coat the troubles and malfunctions of the scope and I will continue to voice my frustration to ATN over their game that we all know. I've seen it before. So as your sitting and waiting pretty a few months or longer for your ice cream cone, I stated the facts and the frustrations of us all and received an immediate reply. And your welcome.

I have been getting private messages thanking me for saying something. Now I'm done dancing with you, go sit down.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: LastHurrah] #5568931 01/28/15 03:26 PM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M

Heck idk confused2

Hopefully not a bad thing. Looks great without flicker I'll tell you that. My buddies doesn't flicker either.

Mine flickered when I got it then it went away and now its back not sure why but weird.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568947 01/28/15 03:37 PM
R
RONIN003 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Question.... I’m running 228 version

With the Night Vision modes (high, med, low) it seems everyone or a few are saying in High mode the light amplification is decreased and Low light amplification is increased. I’m not sure if I am reading what people are saying correctly.

Reason being on mine in Night vision mode High is bright and Low is very dim.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: DMS1971] #5568949 01/28/15 03:38 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Cyberpyrot

You can continue to sugar coat the troubles and malfunctions of the scope and I will continue to voice my frustration to ATN over their game that we all know. I've seen it before. So as your sitting and waiting pretty a few months or longer for your ice cream cone, I stated the facts and the frustrations of us all and received an immediate reply. And your welcome.

I have been getting private messages thanking me for saying something. Now I'm done dancing with you, go sit down.

stop already, nobody is right, wrong or indifferent...we can post the issues and hopefully get them resolved over time, at this point DMS you know as well as the rest of us that it really isn't going to help to complain, only to keep posting the issues and get them resolved...we all bought the scopes, we are at ATN's mercy and will have to wait...

so lets address only issues, not going to help to argue about dates, deadlines, etc.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: RONIN003] #5568954 01/28/15 03:40 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: RONIN003
Question.... I’m running 228 version

With the Night Vision modes (high, med, low) it seems everyone or a few are saying in High mode the light amplification is decreased and Low light amplification is increased. I’m not sure if I am reading what people are saying correctly.

Reason being on mine in Night vision mode High is bright and Low is very dim.

seems to work kind of backwards huh? lol, but high is like it changes the brightness but harder to see, I've been running in med

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5568955 01/28/15 03:41 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: SachalATN
Flashing, it is the number #1 thing on our list once we transition over to the new SDK. No point fixing it on the current SDK.

Sachal,

Will ya'll be switching to the new SDK on the next update? Or can you tell us what to expect in the future as far as firmware updates go? Looks like the two major things I'm seeing is the reticle not centered and the night flickering. Will these be addressed next?

Thanks!

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568958 01/28/15 03:41 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Im sorry for being rude DMS1971 it was uncalled for you have every right to be upset. We all received defective unites I just try to see the silver lining in things. Please accept my apology I will comment no further about it. you have every right to post what you like.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568980 01/28/15 03:55 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Appreciate that and same here brother.

Now dangit, tell me how you happened to get a perfectly aligned mount as well as a perfect zero without reticle flying into space?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: LastHurrah] #5569058 01/28/15 04:33 PM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
LastHurrah-

Those same exact requests have been asked, almost in the exact words. Sachal won't answer that question. He will get on this forum once every 3-4 weeks and tell you they are working on it. The flying reticle is so important, being the primary function of a scope, but as you obviously see, Sachal stated yesterday that the flashing is priority. BOTH are important, but we can shoot with the flashing, not the flying reticle.

Please also note that ATN stated in a previous post that the flashing was fixed with .200 and then said it again with .228. Bottom line, the firmware is bad. It's I fixable by us. We can help each other get the best screen picture/clarity, however, the scopes won't do 60% of what is advertised.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: DMS1971] #5569075 01/28/15 04:36 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
LastHurrah-

Those same exact requests have been asked, almost in the exact words.

I know this. Just refreshing the unanswered question just in case he is missing it.

Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide