Forums46
Topics538,360
Posts9,736,308
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5567758 01/27/15 10:27 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
They all flicker - put it in low light amplification and shoot some IR out there and tell me whatcha see.

Flicker to be resolved in upcoming updates

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5567761 01/27/15 10:28 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Ewww the dreaded 174 firmware that doesn't track POI correctly throughout the zoom range.

You going to hunt it like that?

Nope. It lives in the bag until 2.0.00.firstupdateafterversiontwo.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: s6275] #5567780 01/27/15 10:35 PM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted By: s6275
Just dropped off. Sun shade installed. I will poke around with it once it comes up to ambient temp.

Red buttons, manual focus. For everything requiring power, the jury is still out until later this evening. I am NOT installing .228, so thanks for not asking.

My first act will be to confirm the shipping firmware version. Second, I am going to drop in some brand new lithium batteries, and run it dry. Probably shouldn't look for any updates from me until tomorrow about this time.

Are the 3x-12 coming with the sunshade? Im thinking I might just get a Photon 4.6 XT for my 17HMR I cant believe how clear my fathers is.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MGP] #5567804 01/27/15 10:49 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Mine came with the sun shade shown in the picture.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5567812 01/27/15 10:58 PM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Guys
Just wanted to share this update with you. I just got back to the office and the issues with the new firmware were brought up to my attention. I am definitely going to be bringing this issue up and have a solution for you guys as quickly as possible.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Please note: I do not read private messages here.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5567871 01/27/15 11:32 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: SachalATN
Guys
Just wanted to share this update with you. I just got back to the office and the issues with the new firmware were brought up to my attention. I am definitely going to be bringing this issue up and have a solution for you guys as quickly as possible.

Thanks a bunch Sachal

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5567881 01/27/15 11:35 PM
T
Tapper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Just received my 5-18' loaded .228 on it and went to the range. Mounted on a 6.8 that shoots pretty well (1 MOA) I had some troubles.

Shooting off a bench, at each shot the image would shut off for 2-3 seconds (restart?) then return. After 3-5 shots, it would disappear and require a reset before I could get the video back (battery lid off then on). It also looked like the zero would walk 1-1.5 MOA up and 1/4moa right with each shot until the reset, at which time it would return to the original zero. So, for a ten shot string I had three groups, all about an inch in size, with shot 1,4,7,10 in first, 2,5.8 in second, and 3,6,9 in third.

Not sure if this is a hardware or firmware problem (or both). Zoom stayed at 1x throughout. Mount is solid.

Last edited by Tapper; 01/27/15 11:38 PM.

Everywhere I go, there I am.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Tapper] #5567913 01/27/15 11:46 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: Tapper
Just received my 5-18' loaded .228 on it and went to the range. Mounted on a 6.8 that shoots pretty well (1 MOA) I had some troubles.

Shooting off a bench, at each shot the image would shut off for 2-3 seconds (restart?) then return. After 3-5 shots, it would disappear and require a reset before I could get the video back (battery lid off then on). It also looked like the zero would walk 1-1.5 MOA up and 1/4moa right with each shot until the reset, at which time it would return to the original zero. So, for a ten shot string I had three groups, all about an inch in size, with shot 1,4,7,10 in first, 2,5.8 in second, and 3,6,9 in third.

Not sure if this is a hardware or firmware problem (or both). Zoom stayed at 1x throughout. Mount is solid.

Make sure battery lid is really tight. Alot of us had that happen. As for the other problems, I had not experienced those.

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5567945 01/27/15 11:57 PM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
OK Guys,

just did some testing myself. I took 2 scopes, one with 223 version and the other one was with the new beta 228 version.

People have mentioned that when you turn on the night vision mode it dims the image down. Yes, that is true. The sensor is adjusting the brightness to give you more contrast. Even though you all want brighter image, better contrast allows you to see better at night.

Second, as for the BDC, guys it is a beta version. It is going to improve once we transition over to the new Software development kit.

Compass, it is in the manual that once you turn on the scope, spin it couple of times to calibrate the compass or leave it an it will automatically find the right direction.

Scope being stuck at 100% and nothing happening. Guys, again it is in the manual and advised to do a hard reset - taking off the cap and rebooting the scope. As much as I hate this procedure, it will be addressed and you wouldnt have to do a hard reset.

What else am I missing?

Flashing, it is the number #1 thing on our list once we transition over to the new SDK. No point fixing it on the current SDK.

Last edited by SachalATN; 01/28/15 12:01 AM.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: ezinkscrr] #5567949 01/27/15 11:58 PM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: ezinkscrr
Originally Posted By: Tapper

Make sure battery lid is really tight. Alot of us had that happen. As for the other problems, I had not experienced those.

If you are seeing this sort of grouping, please check the mount. Might look tight but it could be slightly loose.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5567997 01/28/15 12:14 AM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
OK Guys,

just did some testing myself. I took 2 scopes, one with 223 version and the other one was with the new beta 228 version.

People have mentioned that when you turn on the night vision mode it dims the image down. Yes, that is true. The sensor is adjusting the brightness to give you more contrast. Even though you all want brighter image, better contrast allows you to see better at night.

Second, as for the BDC, guys it is a beta version. It is going to improve once we transition over to the new Software development kit.

Compass, it is in the manual that once you turn on the scope, spin it couple of times to calibrate the compass or leave it an it will automatically find the right direction.

Scope being stuck at 100% and nothing happening. Guys, again it is in the manual and advised to do a hard reset - taking off the cap and rebooting the scope. As much as I hate this procedure, it will be addressed and you wouldnt have to do a hard reset.

What else am I missing?

Flashing, it is the number #1 thing on our list once we transition over to the new SDK. No point fixing it on the current SDK.

Th biggest issue is still the off center reticle, with zoom. I know ATN keeps saying they are fixing it. But that really needs to be on top of the list. After that then I think we all can agree for more bells and whistles. Right now I can zoom to about 3.5 and my reticle is at the top right edge of the screen. Again Thank you very much for jumping back into these issues.
banana

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568003 01/28/15 12:17 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
+1

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5568008 01/28/15 12:19 AM
D
DMS1971 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Seriously Sachal? You just got back and the issues with the new software were brought up to your attention? So when ATN created the .228 BETA firmware, it was just sent out without testing? Don't appease us, your whole company knew it wasn't a workable download but sent it anyway. It's why you labeled it Beta. It was to appease us and hold the buyers/owners out until you came up with a fix, instead of being honest and professional by just keeping us informed more than popping in once a month to say absolutely nothing.

Their are a lot of ways to handle the marketing on this and the articulation to have you get on a Texas Hunting Forum Board to throw out a pretty meaningless post that angers more than it helps to understand wth you guys are doing at ATN. Instead of posting what we already know, why aren't your marketing professionals posting on your Q&A or on your web page or on FB? You are on here because of a lot of negative feedback. If your hearing us like you say, you would have listened and reacted to the MULTIPLE posts about keeping us in the loop about what is going on, what downloads are you working on, what deadline did your CEO/President give your team to have a workable download to deliver?? ATN web page still states false product delivery in terms of SEVERAL functions that are flat out false.

We paid money for a scope that was advertised Sachal, and patiently waited for firmware development, which we should not have to be waiting for. Pretty tired of the juvenile and lackadaisical attitude from a prior reputable company. It's very important to note and know that not everyone is going to agree with this post and I certainly don't speak for everyone on this post. These guys on here are have been a life saver for each other in helping to fix problems with the scopes that shouldn't have to be fixed or have 40+ pages of posts to help a fellow owner actually "Jerry rig" your product! It's not right and I blame your leadership and management more than I do you. Please understand that.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5568014 01/28/15 12:21 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
[size:14pt]People have mentioned that when you turn on the night vision mode it dims the image down. Yes, that is true. The sensor is adjusting the brightness to give you more contrast. Even though you all want brighter image, better contrast allows you to see better at night.

Nah, that ain't gonna cut it for me. Mine is unusable with 228 firmware. 150 yards was dim with a T67. Same illuminator transferred over to the XT beside it and I was blinded. I don't know who is making these decisons Sachel, but I'm out with my XT again tonight. I'll be back on thermal next week. Enough of this stuff.

And the recorder still doesn't stop properly.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568052 01/28/15 12:40 AM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Guys,
I understand where you are all coming from. I honestly am on your side. I am working internally and pressuring our team to fix these issues as quickly as possible. Now, I know this is a frustrating process for many of you and for what its worth, I am sorry for all the trouble you guys had to go through. But believe me, I will make sure these issues get resolved and get resolved quickly.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: dfwroadkill] #5568055 01/28/15 12:41 AM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
[size:14pt]People have mentioned that when you turn on the night vision mode it dims the image down. Yes, that is true. The sensor is adjusting the brightness to give you more contrast. Even though you all want brighter image, better contrast allows you to see better at night.

Nah, that ain't gonna cut it for me. Mine is unusable with 228 firmware. 150 yards was dim with a T67. Same illuminator transferred over to the XT beside it and I was blinded. I don't know who is making these decisons Sachel, but I'm out with my XT again tonight. I'll be back on thermal next week. Enough of this stuff.

I took two scopes one with .800 firmware and the other with 228, I am not seeing anything as drastic as you are mentioning here.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568058 01/28/15 12:44 AM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
First post, but I've been watching both threads about the X sight for awhile.
I got a deal and bought a 5-18x model, even though it has some known issues.
I'm hoping ATN will fix them in the future.
Upon receiving my scope, it functions and takes video + pictures, but not in focus. I'll have to figure out what focus to set it at for clear video, as it's in focus in the screen. All that aside, I'm happy with it.
I have the .200 firmware loaded now.
I'm hesitant to load the .228 version, as the scope is working, except for the reticle missing in video and the zoom/reticle issue.
From Past posts about it, I don't think I'll download the newer version until it's ironed out.
Thanks for having this forum and I hope to post some video of this weekends super bowl predator hunting trip.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568077 01/28/15 12:55 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I am waiting for 2.0.00.whatevercomesafterthreezeroes. I am done with the 1.8 series firmware.

IF you could load new firmware "on the fly" from the app (as advertised), that would be a different story, but the constant updates just to turn on features mentioned on the box is getting to be intolerable.

Now you have a situation where people are hesitant to install any more "beta"-labeled firmware, and the need to post an update to correct battery drain and other issues. Unfortunately, these fixes will likely cost man hours to be diverted from the effort to move the firmware to 2.0.

Having said that, the added manual focus on the 3x makes the scope MUCH nicer to look through (I was able to focus on an object approximately 2 ft. out).

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5568110 01/28/15 01:12 AM
T
Tapper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Quote:

It was snug but not gorilla-tight. I'll check this to be sure.

Quote:
If you are seeing this sort of grouping, please check the mount. Might look tight but it could be slightly loose.

Installed on an integral rail, with blue lock title, using a torque wrench set to 65 in/lbs, which is pretty typical recommendation by manufacturers. It's on there. And loose mounts don't produce consistent, repeatable results, now do they?

That said, I appreciate your jumping in here Sachal, I think this product has tremendous potential, once you get past this rough firmware.

Everywhere I go, there I am.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568116 01/28/15 01:17 AM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Tapper, Did you check the mounts under the scope, If I remember right there are two screws that some guys have found loose. Just trying to help

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5568118 01/28/15 01:18 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I took two scopes one with .800 firmware and the other with 228, I am not seeing anything as drastic as you are mentioning here.

OK, cool. I can barely make out a pig silhouette at 150 yards with mine using a huge illuminator. I see it bright and watch it dim down over a few seconds. Can simulate it by raising and lowering my lens cap. I see the software correcting it. It is too dim, with almost no contrast. Glad you got a good one. cheers

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568411 01/28/15 03:34 AM
S
shoots100 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Well I got bored with cabin fever, so I decided to install the newest firmware after making copies of both the .200 and .228 firmware versions, and making sure they both downloaded without any issues.
The reticle is in the video now,and I've had no dimming issues.
If anything happens while I'm out, I can always download the .200 version and keep on hunting.
I turned every other feature off to conserve the batteries, but in the summer I'm going to get a lot of use out of the fish finder function !
I also applied blue Loctite to the mount screws. I'm mounting it on a custom .20 practical build, so I'm not too concerned with recoil, but I may mount it on a .260 in a few weeks.
Friday cannot come soon enough.

Is there any news on the factory external battery pak, or any ill effects of using the mini usb port with an external battery pak ?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: dfwroadkill] #5568423 01/28/15 03:44 AM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M

OK, cool. I can barely make out a pig silhouette at 150 yards with mine using a huge illuminator. I see it bright and watch it dim down over a few seconds. Can simulate it by raising and lowering my lens cap. I see the software correcting it. It is too dim, with almost no contrast. Glad you got a good one. cheers

Same thing is happening to mine im going back to .200 when I shot the 2 coyotes the other night it was hard to see but I was able to make the shots and that was only at 116 yards with a UNV 20-IR and I know this did not happen with the .200 firmware when I get home tomorrow im going backwards not good but better than .228. I will also wait for the 2.00 firmware also im done playing.

Last edited by MGP; 01/28/15 03:45 AM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568480 01/28/15 04:29 AM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Has anyone that has gone back to .200 had there X Y coordinates change from what they were with .228 firmware? My 223 is X42 Y32.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5568510 01/28/15 04:52 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I ran my manual focus 3x tonight for 7 hours straight. I just updated from .174 to .200, powered it off, and am headed to bed. Tomorrow afternoon, I will see if it still has enough juice to run after being on "standby" all night. If it does, I am going to run those batteries dry, then install a fresh set, and see if those will hold the scope in standby for one week. If the scope powers on after a week, I will install another fresh set, and go for two.

Page 6 of 45 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide