Forums46
Topics538,035
Posts9,732,216
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Navasot] #5429063 11/18/14 07:02 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: txshntr
My guess is the GW has a different story...
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Funny cuz iv met ALOT of these a-holes.... all which have been nice fellas doing their job. Come off the high horse and stop trying to put out a fire with gas.

Yep I know 2 personally that are good guys. Anytime tickets are wrote someone's an a-hole, I don't care if it's GW or other authorities it's never "I screwed up and deserved that."

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5429065 11/18/14 07:02 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
I just re-read the original post. Did they get checked as they were returning from hunting or before they left the boat ramp?

Depending on which it is:

1) If it was before they hunted, and the GW broke the stick plug, the guy wasn't hunting, so how is that a violation if he hadn't taken a shot yet?

2) If it was after they hunted and everything was legal, then the GW forcibly broke the stick plug, it seems clear that the hunter was legal until the GW made his gun illegal. How is this different from the GW disassembling the gun, removing the plug and writing a ticket? Or my other example, a cop braking your taillight and writing you a ticket for a broken taillight?

What if the taillight was being held on by duct tape?

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429067 11/18/14 07:02 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Seems there have been many of these kind of stories on here lately, and ultimately ends up with 3 sides to the story, his side, their side, and the truth. Hmmmmmm, interesting reading tho.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Navasot] #5429079 11/18/14 07:08 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I just re-read the original post. Did they get checked as they were returning from hunting or before they left the boat ramp?

1) If it was before they hunted, and the GW broke the stick plug, the guy wasn't hunting, so how is that a violation if he hadn't taken a shot yet?

2) If it was after they hunted and everything was legal, then the GW forcibly broke the stick plug, it seems clear that the hunter was legal until the GW made his gun illegal. How is this different from the GW disassembling the gun, removing the plug and writing a ticket? Or my other example, a cop braking your taillight and writing you a ticket for a broken taillight?

My example involves a functioning taillight. As far as we know, the "stick plug" functioned properly.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5429083 11/18/14 07:11 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

My example involves a functioning taillight. As far as we know, the "stick plug" functioned properly.

A taillight can function with duct tape holding it in place... might not be stock but hey its working so who needs the right mounts... not like it could just break at any time

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429112 11/18/14 07:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I agree with you, but we are talking about a shotgun plug, so let's stay with that. As far as we know, the plug did its job until the GW broke it by forcing his ruler in there, after he had already measured it once and it was found to be legal.

To me, the bottom line is, as far as we know, he had a plug, it measured correctly the first time, it falls within the rules and the GW broke it. It seems to me to be similar to the GW disassembling the gun and removing the plug and then writing a ticket.

Based on what we know, I'm on the hunter's side here. That may change if there is more information provided.

Edit: and I'm not anti-GW. I'm basing my opinion on what information was provided. I doubt we will hear the other side of the story, but I'm not anti-GW.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 11/18/14 07:41 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429152 11/18/14 07:35 PM
E
Esh and Hattie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I'm just glad there's a gw somewhere writing tickets. Was starting the think texas was a free for all state

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429158 11/18/14 07:37 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I have been stopped by by many police officers and wardens. My experience is that wardens are the biggest turds. They seem to get POed when they cannot bust you for something.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429199 11/18/14 07:50 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I think u need a bigger stick

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429200 11/18/14 07:51 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Question. Did he attempt to put 3 shells in the chamber after it was broken. I'm not sure what type of ruler gw use to measure the chamber(never been checked for a plug) but just because the ruler was able to be inserted, doesn't mean an extra she'll could have. The law is written that the chamber can't hold more than 2 shells. Doesn't say anything about inches.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429202 11/18/14 07:51 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
To specifically answer your questions...questionable yes, legal yes. If I had the time I would try and see/talk to a judge about it first though. Depending on how that conversation went would depend on how hard I would fight. Word of advice to your buddy...don't use the tail light example rofl

Last edited by Judd; 11/18/14 07:51 PM. Reason: decided against a comment

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5429211 11/18/14 07:54 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

A taillight can function with duct tape holding it in place... might not be stock but hey its working so who needs the right mounts... not like it could just break at any time

I agree with you, but we are talking about a shotgun plug, so let's stay with that. As far as we know, the plug did its job until the GW broke it by forcing his ruler in there, after he had already measured it once and it was found to be legal.

To me, the bottom line is, as far as we know, he had a plug, it measured correctly the first time, it falls within the rules and the GW broke it. It seems to me to be similar to the GW disassembling the gun and removing the plug and then writing a ticket.

Based on what we know, I'm on the hunter's side here. That may change if there is more information provided.

Edit: and I'm not anti-GW. I'm basing my opinion on what information was provided. I doubt we will hear the other side of the story, but I'm not anti-GW.

grin confused2

Im all ears bud lol and yes it did do its job until it broke but it did break and a stock one wouldn't.

To the OP Did yall happen to call and explain to the county what happened and ask if it would be ok to bring the new plug you bought to replace the one that was broken after the hunt?

Not saying its that easy but very well could be

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Judd] #5429222 11/18/14 07:59 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Judd
To specifically answer your questions...questionable yes, legal yes. If I had the time I would try and see/talk to a judge about it first though. Depending on how that conversation went would depend on how hard I would fight. Word of advice to your buddy...don't use the tail light example rofl

That's very good advice! up

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429225 11/18/14 08:01 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
It is funny we run across more and more of these conversations as the years trickle on by. I was once a "Ahaaa, I got you kind of cop". That was long ago before I read and understood the Constitution and all of the amendments. I began to question the direction of law enforcement and where the country is headed overall. Officers are released onto the public with "ZERO" knowledge of the Constitution. I was required to attend two day coverage of the Constitution in the academy. I was sick both days. I was released onto the public with ZERO training on the Constitution. First off two days is rediculous, but no training at all simply blows my freaking mind. Once I studied it, my career changed forever. We are not supposed to "Ahaaaaaa I got you". We should represent ourselves in a professional manner, AT ALL TIMES. Writing citations like that (IF it happened that way) should be shunned. Again if that story is acurate, I would just as soon cut off my own finger than to write a man a citation for that type of chicken $^!^ citation. I would not be able to feel right about myself.

I know there are some good game wardens just like there are good street cops. We as a nation need to pay very close attention to what happens in the very near future. We cannot let go of the original ideas of "WE the people". The police work for you and need to be held accountable for their actions. It is just like the Sheriff's Department at Calhoun County doing nothing with the my case. NOTHING!!! They are lazy filthy examples of law enforcement. They should have no right to wear a badge, much more call themselves Officers.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Navasot] #5429230 11/18/14 08:03 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
[quote=Duck_Hunter]I just re-read the original post. Did they get checked as they were returning from hunting or before they left the boat ramp?

grin confused2

Im all ears bud lol and yes it did do its job until it broke but it did break and a stock one wouldn't.

To the OP Did yall happen to call and explain to the county what happened and ask if it would be ok to bring the new plug you bought to replace the one that was broken after the hunt?

Not saying its that easy but very well could be
[/quote]

It broke because the GW broke it, is the point.

Good suggestion about trying bring the new plug in. I've never received a ticket, but that seems like it might work, after explaining that you had a plug, which broke.

[Linked Image]
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: wal1809] #5429235 11/18/14 08:05 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: wal1809
It is funny we run across more and more of these conversations as the years trickle on by. I was once a "Ahaaa, I got you kind of cop". That was long ago before I read and understood the Constitution and all of the amendments. I began to question the direction of law enforcement and where the country is headed overall. Officers are released onto the public with "ZERO" knowledge of the Constitution. I was required to attend two day coverage of the Constitution in the academy. I was sick both days. I was released onto the public with ZERO training on the Constitution. First off two days is rediculous, but no training at all simply blows my freaking mind. Once I studied it, my career changed forever. We are not supposed to "Ahaaaaaa I got you". We should represent ourselves in a professional manner, AT ALL TIMES. Writing citations like that (IF it happened that way) should be shunned. Again if that story is acurate, I would just as soon cut off my own finger than to write a man a citation for that type of chicken $^!^ citation. I would not be able to feel right about myself.

I know there are some good game wardens just like there are good street cops. We as a nation need to pay very close attention to what happens in the very near future. We cannot let go of the original ideas of "WE the people". The police work for you and need to be held accountable for their actions. It is just like the Sheriff's Department at Calhoun County doing nothing with the my case. NOTHING!!! They are lazy filthy examples of law enforcement. They should have no right to wear a badge, much more call themselves Officers.
clap cheers flag texas

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5429245 11/18/14 08:08 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Cochise
What county was this in?

Happened in Wood County

1) It was after the hunt. He was at the ramp as always.

2) This was my after thought as well. He obviously couldn't force another shell into the gun prior to it being modified by the measurement of the GW. Alternatively, it could have been 'forced,' but, in that case, the restriction wouldn't have been there.

I'm not defending the actions of my buddy or saying the GW was wrong, rather that it just seems pretty obvious he wasn't using more shells than is legal and made an obvious effort to be law abiding. There are always different sides to a story, just thought this one is interesting.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429254 11/18/14 08:10 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Using common sense thinking, to break a stick within in a tube by pressing on the end would be a very difficult thing to do. The tube and spring would create a stable zone preventing the stick from bending enough to break. It is why the wood dowel in my Auto 5 and the flimsy plastic plug in my Gold 10 do not break. If a stick could shear that easily from pushing on the end by hand, it could have just as easily broken from the recoil of the gun IMO. If the GW checked the gun once and it worked why would he have any reason to do it again. Perhaps he was hearing more than three shots per gun, perhaps he saw the stick being placed in the gun before walking up, perhaps the first try the stick was already broken from normal recoil and he knew something did not feel right. I don't think your "friend" is giving you the whole story here. The game warden was just doing his job unless he used a hammer to force his measuring dowl in the gun. rolleyes

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429257 11/18/14 08:12 PM
G
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
I'm curious if he got sideways with the warden or something. That is a harsh ticket for someone that appeared to try and obey the law.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429283 11/18/14 08:17 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Probably didn't get sideways with the guy (just knowing his personality and how he interacts with folks), but who knows?

Sniper John - I understand what you're saying, but the alternative is that he just used a crappy stick not paying attention. They likely didn't hear more than three shots per gun as the guys didn't kill but three teal all morning. This specific GW is ALWAYS at the ramp ensuring that you're following rules. Not that I blame him, rather it's just his MO.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Gdogg] #5429302 11/18/14 08:23 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted By: Gdogg
I'm curious if he got sideways with the warden or something. That is a harsh ticket for someone that appeared to try and obey the law.

Yep, and being third party, there is no "obvious" about the story given. How young was this person that got the ticket and did they get tickets for any other violations? What is funny is every time someone posts one of these one sided GW stories, the GW that wrote the tickets either reads the post or is pointed to it by another TPWD employee or GW on the forum. Most GWs are hunters and some I am sure frequent the forum. So hope he got his facts straight since you just publicly shared it.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429319 11/18/14 08:27 PM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I don't know about the stick being legal or not. I am still trying to figure out why you can only have 3 shells to shoot waterfowl in this steel shot world.

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Dfwguy] #5429328 11/18/14 08:29 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
didn't happen to me but the same thing happened to a guy I was hunting with....def a di** move

They're not looking for one thing right....they're looking for one thing wrong.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Sniper John] #5429331 11/18/14 08:29 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Originally Posted By: Gdogg

Yep, and being third party, there is no "obvious" about the story given. How young was this person that got the ticket and did they get tickets for any other violations? What is funny is every time someone posts one of these one sided GW stories, the GW that wrote the tickets either reads the post or is pointed to it by another TPWD employee or GW on the forum. Most GWs are hunters and some I am sure frequent the forum. So hope he got his facts straight since you just publicly shared it.

Well, like I said, I wasn't there and am not pointing fingers; in fact, he wasn't all pissed and throwing stuff at the wall or anything. Just told me what happened and asked my opinion. Thought you guys would have some input.

No other violations. Guys are in college and were with one of their fathers.

Re: Game Warden Actions - Questionable or Legal? [Re: Stoney] #5429335 11/18/14 08:30 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Stoney
I don't know about the stick being legal or not. I am still trying to figure out why you can only have 3 shells to shoot waterfowl in this steel shot world.

roflmao

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide