Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4892401 01/07/14 02:28 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
He doesn't want to have to deal with having the body of the hog still be around on his place or to deal with having to move it himself. He is hoping it runs off to die away from his hunting area or on somebody's property other than his own.

Shooting to intentionally wound is just plain wrong.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4892445 01/07/14 02:39 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I shoot hogs to kill them and I will process the females for the freezer till the freezer is full, then excess hogs become coyote bait. It's kind of a food chain thing....

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4892867 01/07/14 04:42 AM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: TexastoaD
Originally Posted By: cmc
This original post smells like a trap to me.
Why because its a question I wanted an answer to because I have no clue? Thanks to the fellas who gave me good answers and great info.

No because when you start a post with an obviously controversial statement it seems that you are looking to start a heated conversation. The fact that you unnecessarily shoot hogs in the gut has nothing to do with the question you ask so why make the statement? Why not simply ask the question is it legal to sell hogs on the side of the road? Why throw in the, I gut shoot hogs part? Seemed like bait to start a bunch of crap because you knew you could get people riled up about it, that's why.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4893303 01/07/14 02:37 PM
Sw0970 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
you can sell them to buying stations approved by the state.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: HogAssassin] #4893831 01/07/14 05:10 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: HogAssassin
I don't see a problem with shooting them and leaving them, but shoot to kill not wound and suffer. I mean what's the difference to you, other than moving the crosshairs a little left or right to hit the heart or head.
I don't have to haul them nasty things off my roads.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4893843 01/07/14 05:13 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
He doesn't want to have to deal with having the body of the hog still be around on his place or to deal with having to move it himself. He is hoping it runs off to die away from his hunting area or on somebody's property other than his own.

. Your right about that. Not so much hunting area. Don't set up to many spots to hunt. Most the time they are tearing up crops and what nots. No need for them and they've cost me enough money already.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: cmc] #4893858 01/07/14 05:20 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Why because its a question I wanted an answer to because I have no clue? Thanks to the fellas who gave me good answers and great info.

No because when you start a post with an obviously controversial statement it seems that you are looking to start a heated conversation. The fact that you unnecessarily shoot hogs in the gut has nothing to do with the question you ask so why make the statement? Why not simply ask the question is it legal to sell hogs on the side of the road? Why throw in the, I gut shoot hogs part? Seemed like bait to start a bunch of crap because you knew you could get people riled up about it, that's why.
Did not realize you are the foremost expert on starting topics. I wanted to know of it was legal to sell them and stated what I do to them to show you the reader how I feel about these pests. As far as a heated topic, I could care less what folks thought of how I get rid of nuisance. If that seems like a trap to you and you have no other useful information, feel free to move on.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4893964 01/07/14 05:56 PM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Well now you know

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: cmc] #4894033 01/07/14 06:17 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Well now you know
Will keep that in mind.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4909400 01/14/14 02:57 PM
T
TxRip Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4909976 01/14/14 07:27 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45

No because when you start a post with an obviously controversial statement it seems that you are looking to start a heated conveursation. The fact that you unnecessarily shoot hogs in the gut has nothing to do with the question you ask so why make the statement? Why not simply ask the question is it legal to sell hogs on the side of the road? Why throw in the, I gut shoot hogs part? Seemed like bait to start a bunch of crap because you knew you could get people riled up about it, that's why.
Did not realize you are the foremost expert on starting topics. I wanted to know of it was legal to sell them and stated what I do to them to show you the reader how I feel about these pests. As far as a heated topic, I could care less what folks thought of how I get rid of nuisance. If that seems like a trap to you and you have no other useful information, feel free to move on.

offtopic nothing smells worse than a skunk caught in a trap back scratch well one time i eat a can of beans night before went sat in my hog trap that converted into a stand, that was a close second flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4910103 01/14/14 08:23 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

I agree... up

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4910194 01/14/14 08:54 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
worthless

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4910212 01/14/14 09:03 PM
J
JesterGrin_1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
This thread proves that some people just do not care. And no matter what anyone else says will make them care. Sad World.
Maybe if one of his cattle wonders off to where it should not be and someone else shoots it the same as he shoots hogs so it runs off to die someplace else then maybe he just might care. But even so he will not get it.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: blackcoal] #4910219 01/14/14 09:06 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
peep This is a tough crowd bolt flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4910282 01/14/14 09:34 PM
M
Mako1970 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I'm pretty sure if you're too lazy to drag one off the road, you sure won't want to mess with live ones for few bucks.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: JesterGrin_1] #4910417 01/14/14 10:41 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: JesterGrin_1
This thread proves that some people just do not care. And no matter what anyone else says will make them care. Sad World.
Maybe if one of his cattle wonders off to where it should not be and someone else shoots it the same as he shoots hogs so it runs off to die someplace else then maybe he just might care. But even so he will not get it.
It might prove that, also it proves that some folks got the sand to say what they do without worrying about others opinions on the topic. As far as cattle being shot, I've had my share of road side hunters shooting them between the eyes thinking they are deer and letting them lay. I would shoot them kinda of hunters in the gut if I caught them in act and not lose a wink of sleep over it. I've read plenty of post on this forum of folks shooting the first hog in a pack and killing it, then shooting as many as they can as fast as they can, not caring where the bullet was placed in the other hogs. Don't see to many folks on their soap boxes about that. Like I said in the beginning I could care less about them hogs.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: blackcoal] #4910419 01/14/14 10:42 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
worthless
LOL. Might be able to dig some up of the buzzards enjoying their meal.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: Mako1970] #4910423 01/14/14 10:44 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Mako1970
I'm pretty sure if you're too lazy to drag one off the road, you sure won't want to mess with live ones for few bucks.
I'm not interested in selling them. Not one bit. I want them all dead. I was just asking if it was legal to sell them on the side of the road like these fellas were doing. I didn't think it was and wanted someone to fill me in or point me to the right source to find it. They spread around the state enough with out fools giving them a ride.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4910460 01/14/14 10:57 PM
R
Reggie Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I can understand you wanting them dead. I can also understand you having no desire to eat them. What I don't understand is gut shooting them so they may become someone else problem. I you don't want to move them what makes you thing someone else does. If want them all dead then shoot to kill. I hate hogs and will shoot them with whatever weapon I have in hand. If it's my 17hmr I try to put a round in their ear. If you don't shoot to kill why shoot at all. I guess it takes all types.

Reggie

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: Reggie] #4910480 01/14/14 11:06 PM
T
TexastoaD Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Reggie
I can understand you wanting them dead. I can also understand you having no desire to eat them. What I don't understand is gut shooting them so they may become someone else problem. I you don't want to move them what makes you thing someone else does. If want them all dead then shoot to kill. I hate hogs and will shoot them with whatever weapon I have in hand. If it's my 17hmr I try to put a round in their ear. If you don't shoot to kill why shoot at all. I guess it takes all types.

Reggie

I guess I could have been clearer. I don't believe they will make it to another property with a gut shot on my place. It's on a place with thousands of acres. More than likely they are staying on my place when they run off to die. Glad your doing your part , killing them off. I wish more people would shoot them when they saw them, instead of letting them breed and over populate.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4918134 01/18/14 01:55 PM
E
Expert Marksman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
I agree with Texas Toad, hogs cost farmers and other business owners' a lot of money. Feral hogs reproduce faster than hunters could ever kill them. Last year alone, hogs cost a particular small farmer in North Texas 40,000 dollars on lost yield due to them feasting on his wheat and corn crops.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: HogAssassin] #4919672 01/19/14 04:16 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: HogAssassin
I don't see a problem with shooting them and leaving them, but shoot to kill not wound and suffer. I mean what's the difference to you, other than moving the crosshairs a little left or right to hit the heart or head.

This. It's not like you are sending a message to the other pigs. Doesn't really work that way. Shoot em in the head, drop em, and let nature deal with the body.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: TexastoaD] #4920335 01/19/14 11:12 PM
B
bo3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
The problem is some people look at pigs as a trophy animal, like deer. While others see them as a pest that should be shot onsite no matter what. For the farmers and ranchers, pigs cost them a lot of money. On the other side you have people that actually like to have them around to hunt and eat. They may not admit it but they do. These same people have no problem shooting a coyote where ever they find them, at any range, and any angle. They fail to realize a rancher looks at pigs the same way.

Re: Just a question about hogs. [Re: Expert Marksman] #4922179 01/20/14 07:40 PM
S
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: Expert Marksman
I agree with Texas Toad, hogs cost farmers and other business owners' a lot of money. Feral hogs reproduce faster than hunters could ever kill them. Last year alone, hogs cost a particular small farmer in North Texas 40,000 dollars on lost yield due to them feasting on his wheat and corn crops.

I don't think anyone on this thread is arguing that feral hogs aren't a pest. But intentionally shooting any animal in the gut is just plain cruel. Shoot 'em, but shoot to kill.

I hump the wild to take it all in, there is no bag limit on happiness. -Ted Nugent
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide