Page 1 of 2 1 2
You hunted my stand? #4738630 11/11/13 04:45 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Should he be allowed to hunt lease? I say HELL NO!

A friend of the guy that runs lease came out to lease this weekend. Didn't ask him where he was hunting, figured he was gonna sit in lease boss's stand. Just me and him at lease on Saturday.

(Names changed to protect guilty)

I come in from evening hunt and boss's trucks there and an older guy that had broke his leg last weekend showed up. That was a surprise, a really big surprise. I'm talking to him saying sorry bout the leg and what. It's just past 6 and we hear BLAM behind the camp. Old guy says that sounded like it came from my area. I said or it could be the boss man, he's back that way also.

Boss man walks in camp 5 minutes later, he didn't shoot. They ask me where is ( will call him Jerry) Jerry hunting? Hell if I know. Few minutes later up walks Jerry from back of camp. We say "well", "I think I shot a doe".

After some time we found out he was hunting the old guys stand. Figured he wouldn't show up cuz of broke leg. The look on Jerry's face when he saw the old guy at camp said all we needed to know. Didn't find deer either, but found blood.

Asked boss man if he's gonna allow Jerry to come hunt anymore he said yes. I did not like that answer at all, the old guy really didn't like it. Jerry lives only 15 miles from lease and is jobless at the moment. Guess I will put out more cameras.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: whitewing maniac] #4738697 11/11/13 05:14 PM
D
dlrz71 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
This should be in your signed contract.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: dlrz71] #4738711 11/11/13 05:18 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: dlrz71

X2.

A good Lease Agreement fixes alot of these issues. If you don't have one, propose that they write one.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: TxAg] #4738747 11/11/13 05:25 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Real small time lease but I guess when something like this happens it would come in handy. I was always told no guests until after 2nd weekend also, but lease boss's buddy was there hunting. A paying lease members stand at that. Guess since it wasn't boss mans stand its ok

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: whitewing maniac] #4738780 11/11/13 05:36 PM
D
dlrz71 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
Real small time lease but I guess when something like this happens it would come in handy. I was always told no guests until after 2nd weekend also, but lease boss's buddy was there hunting. A paying lease members stand at that. Guess since it wasn't boss mans stand its ok

If you have issues with it then you need to bring it up and have it fixed or it will continue to happen. You are paying your hard earned money for the rights to the place. If the "boss" wants to bring someone out they need to have a designated area. Or else find another lease with better rules and guidelines.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: dlrz71] #4738796 11/11/13 05:43 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

If you have issues with it then you need to bring it up and have it fixed or it will continue to happen. You are paying your hard earned money for the rights to the place. If the "boss" wants to bring someone out they need to have a designated area. Or else find another lease with better rules and guidelines.

X's 2 ^^^^^

Hunting sure brings out the "real man" in most, I have had my fair share with "boss's" as a hunter and land owner. Seldom have I met one that didn't bend the rules to fit his needs, other hunters seem to be there to help him "afford" to hunt. Deal with it now.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Western] #4738817 11/11/13 05:50 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I'd have a lock on my stand if possible...

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Western] #4738875 11/11/13 06:05 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Western

X's 2 ^^^^^

Hunting sure brings out the "real man" in most, I have had my fair share with "boss's" as a hunter and land owner. Seldom have I met one that didn't bend the rules to fit his needs, other hunters seem to be there to help him "afford" to hunt. Deal with it now.
^^^This! I have never seen it work out well when the LO, Ranch Manager, etc... could hunt the place he was leasing.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: tShawnB] #4738939 11/11/13 06:27 PM
M
Monster_Raxx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
No comment

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: tShawnB] #4738946 11/11/13 06:31 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I have never seen it work out well when the LO, ... could hunt the place

Can't we just go ahead and get a thread started about how sorry land owners are!

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: aeb] #4738961 11/11/13 06:37 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
That's worth a good arse whoopin....pizzed me off just reading that.... id be done with the lease and ask for my money back...you can always find another

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: aeb] #4738967 11/11/13 06:39 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: aeb
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I have never seen it work out well when the LO, ... could hunt the place

Can't we just go ahead and get a thread started about how sorry land owners are!

dirty rotten landowners!

guys, the common denominator is you have to have a written lease agreement, signed by all parties.

when we leased we reserved the right to hunt the property. We could shoot cull bucks up until thanksgiving along with however many does we saw fit and ONE trophy buck after the second week of December (their lease ranch from the second week of November thru the second weekend in December. Everything was in writing, along with some stipulations about length of lease(3 year min) what was to be planted in the pivot field, protein fed 9 months out of the year, etc.

we never had a single issue. everything was spelled out in the contract and if someone had an issue, they didn't sign and hand over money until it was worked out.

if there is an issue that violates the lease agreement, seek whatever action is necessary to remedy the situation

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: txtrophy85] #4739023 11/11/13 06:59 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Land owner don't hunt. Just the guy that's been on lease since the 80's. he took over for his dad that is just getting to old to come out hardly anymore. I've never had a problem with either one, consider them friends. I've taken the boss dove hunting with me, he taken me on some good white bass fishing trips and so on.

Really kinda got me pissed off when I asked if he was gonna allow this guy to still come and hunt and he said yes.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: txtrophy85] #4739025 11/11/13 06:59 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
People should still have some respect... My local lease is to were everyone agrees we wont pic areas and stick to them and a lot of guys hunt whatever blinds they want... Im not a fan of it I just cant go sit in someones blind they spent all season getting ready and keeping it up.. lol that's why my stand is 30ft up a tree...

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Navasot] #4739065 11/11/13 07:12 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Talk to the lease boss one on one, and ask him what's up?

If it's a good lease then you may have to give a little, and if not he can probably fill your spot without any trouble.
It kind of goes both ways, but talking isn't going to hurt rather than walking off mad.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Jimbo] #4739237 11/11/13 08:16 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Navasot
People should still have some respect... My local lease is to were everyone agrees we wont pic areas and stick to them and a lot of guys hunt whatever blinds they want... Im not a fan of it I just cant go sit in someones blind they spent all season getting ready and keeping it up.. lol that's why my stand is 30ft up a tree...

LMAOOOO!! That's too freaking funny, and pure awesome!!

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Jimbo] #4739270 11/11/13 08:30 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Talk to the lease boss one on one, and ask him what's up?

If it's a good lease then you may have to give a little, and if not he can probably fill your spot without any trouble.
It kind of goes both ways, but talking isn't going to hurt rather than walking off mad.

I ain't going anywhere yet. He knows I don't agree with him letting his buddy hunt the lease after what he done. Boss man also knows the old guy real well(persons stand that was hunted). Heck he brought tractors and other heavy equipment out to clear up some shooting lanes and disked up boss mans area and spread seeds for his food plot. This is the thanks he gets in return.

I know he will be talking to boss man this week about it, if he ain't done so already.

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: whitewing maniac] #4745912 11/13/13 08:28 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
He is not allowed to hunt lease anymore and has to pay the old guy half of what it cost to get on lease for hunting his stand and shooting a deer out of it, but never found. Think that's fair.

Last edited by whitewing maniac; 11/13/13 08:30 PM.
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: whitewing maniac] #4746424 11/13/13 11:39 PM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I hunted a place in archer county years ago, We had strict rules and NO ONE was allowed to hunt another persons stand without their permission! 4 weeks into rifle season i show up at 4 am and climb into my 20ft tripod stand, about a 1/2 hour after sunrise I look down and see a crap load of ciggarette butts and candy wrappers along with a couple of apple cores! When I asked the lease manager about it he said "well I think someone is poaching" I said funny there were no tracks leading to the fence line only to the BF Goodrich all terrain TA tire tracks I found behind my stand. I mentioned that there was only one other person on the lease with those tires and it was his brother! He blew me off so I decided to have a buddy make me a metal cover and I padlocked my ladder stand & also put up a game camera. 2 weeks later I killed a 168 gross 12 point buck and when I checked the game camera i had hidden I had pictures of both him & his brother walking up to my stand and looking at the locks! when I posted a picture of me & my trophy buck at the local gas station the lease manager called the next day and kicked me off the lease! WTF? They even tried to steal my feeders and stands! The dumb A$$ forgot that I had used a welder to Write my name and last 4 digits of my SS# on the barrels and my tripod! The Archer county Sherriff found my stuff behind his barn and arrested him for felony theft! When the Sherriff asked him why he kicked me off the lease and stole my stuff he said "my brother and I were pissed that he locked his stand and killed a trophy buck" the moral to this story is follow the rules, lock your stands and hide an extra game camera that no one but you know about!

Last edited by Texas Turkey Hunter DFW; 11/14/13 02:40 AM.
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #4746438 11/13/13 11:44 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Sounds like a real winner there

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: TxAg] #4746456 11/13/13 11:48 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: TxAg

X2.

A good Lease Agreement fixes alot of these issues. If you don't have one, propose that they write one.

It is a shame that people can't just be respectful and honest without it being written on a piece of paper.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: txshntr] #4747050 11/14/13 02:46 AM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
the second part of that story is I am pretty sure that the brother shot a doe out of my tripod stand & he had seen the 12 point buck I was chasing but could not get a shot at him! THAT'S why they kicked me off the lease. Oh and I almost forgot! the land owner {who lived in Florida} found out what they did to me and not only did he refund all of my lease payment but he also threw him, his brother & their 5 buddies off the lease and offered it to me the following year laugh

PS. sometimes an iron clad lease agreement doesn't work! protect yourself & your investment!

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW] #4747232 11/14/13 03:47 AM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Are you still on that lease

Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: wtr] #4747506 11/14/13 09:31 AM
W
Work2BFaster Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
Slap a lock on your blind. I did it last January. I killed my deer in mid December last season and didn't go back to my blind till the end of January. I found a spit bottle in my cup holder and there were two 270 cases on the floor. I don't chew and I shoot a 308. I have a good relationship with the guys on the lease and I didn't really mind because I already shot my deer. But, they should have asked me to use my blind first. The lock won't prevent them from hunting my area, but atleast they won't be in my blind.

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Dave Barry
Re: You hunted my stand? [Re: txshntr] #4747671 11/14/13 01:23 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: TxAg

X2.

It is a shame that people can't just be respectful and honest without it being written on a piece of paper.

Ain't that the truth! But we no longer live in a society that a man's handshake is his word. That the man has enough personal integrity to honor that handshake! Boy I sure miss those days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide