Print Thread
it would appear that nobamy has.... #3979779 01/22/13 03:35 PM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Awaken the sleeping giant.....of the 2A.
States, LEO & military of all ranks and WE THE PEOPLE are standing up for the beloved 2ND AMENDMENT and telling the king O "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT" YOU WILL NOT FURTHER INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS.

When all of this gun control talk passes I'm willing to bet that the "GIVE US BACK OUR 2A" and "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" movement really takes off and we regain most of our trampled rights. GOD WILLING.
Most of the country has been making a steady push and gaining ground but I think its about to bust wide open.

Last edited by target1911; 01/22/13 03:37 PM.

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3979827 01/22/13 03:50 PM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Target,
I hope your right...!

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: 10ring] #3980358 01/22/13 05:54 PM
T
theserxtremedays Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
If we could do away with the law pushed through May of 1986 banning the new manufacturing of machine guns it would be awesome. I'd have no problem paying a $200 tax stamp if it meant we could legally manufacture one. Just the fun factor would be great, but there is no way I'm going to pay thousands of dollars just to blow through ammo.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.

you must realize that fear is not real, It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand, danger is very real, but fear is our choice!
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3980650 01/22/13 07:28 PM
D
DCS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I don't know with the presidential inauguration this week, it feels like, to me anyway, that we are loosing our foothold.

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: theserxtremedays] #3980710 01/22/13 07:41 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
If we could do away with the law pushed through May of 1986 banning the new manufacturing of machine guns it would be awesome. I'd have no problem paying a $200 tax stamp if it meant we could legally manufacture one. Just the fun factor would be great, but there is no way I'm going to pay thousands of dollars just to blow through ammo.

I am going to have to disagree. One, from a politcal prespective. Only on the sense that we as gun owners do need to give up something as not to look too crazy and extreme. B, as much as i would like to get fully auto, it really is unecessary. Also, there are enough morons with guns. I would hate to put fully auto in their hands too. I fyou don't believe me, come over to American Shooting Center in Houston and look at the roof supports!

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Korean Redneck] #3981192 01/22/13 10:02 PM
T
theserxtremedays Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Not to get into a pissing match but from a realistic standpoint, what should we give up? As it stands right now the new manufacturing of Assault Weapons are banned. They would like to ban Modern Sporting Rifles, and legislate us down to 10 round magazines and other ridiculous things. Requiring we register all guns, that's a slippery slope as well. I believe the liberals are going to push and try to erode at our rights, but if we give in they will just keep pushing for more and more. I agree some people are idiots but how many people would be willing and able to file the paperwork and wait and then build a full auto. What I would truly love and be estatic to see is suppressors being deregulated to be bought in the same form a gun is purchased. I have no problem with a background check but paying the government $200 for something that makes the gun safer and more pleasant to shoot seems fairly asinine.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.

you must realize that fear is not real, It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand, danger is very real, but fear is our choice!
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Korean Redneck] #3981206 01/22/13 10:06 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Gotta agree with DCS on this one. Sure we might win for the next couple of years but all it will take is time, and another progressive president and you can kiss them good by.

Howard Dean was right when he said the battle was over. I thought he was nuts when he made those comments but everyday its looking like he was right, all it took to realize this was putting someone in the White House who also understood it.

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Friction] #3981237 01/22/13 10:15 PM
H
Hawkin' Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
The peaceful battle maybe.

S~

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Hawkin'] #3981271 01/22/13 10:28 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I completely agree about suppressors. They should totally be deregulated. At the end of the day, they're really an accessory and should not be deemed an NFA. I would support that fight all the way. Besides, suppressor aren't exactly silent. even my little 22 with subsonic is audible.

Where should we draw the lin? The practically side of me says right where it is now. Not only is it a matter of attempting to seem reasonable to the non-gun shooting public. As a self proclaimed pragmatist when it comes to politics, I try and view this issue as negotiations. Inherient in compromises is giving something up. I'm willing to give up fully auto to show that we, the gun community, do make consessions and can site it as something we've already given up. Now you, the gun-control supporters, need to know that.
But also comes to a safety issue for me. Once again, I'm cautious enough around all the fools with the current array of firearms out there. Put things like fully auto in too many people's hands increases the likelihood of somehting happening to me.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Korean Redneck] #3981655 01/23/13 12:04 AM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
I'm not as worried about full auto as I am other things. FIRST I am against any infringement of the 2A but I do understand some regulation on full auto. My push is with everything else. Supressors, short barrel rifles and shotguns, all of the other stupid NFA laws and all carry laws. I'm for constitutional carry. Buy and sell and carry without restrainint or regulation.

My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3981719 01/23/13 12:19 AM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Furthermore, if this countries justice system would stop being [censored] cats and grow into Lions it would help curb crime as well. I believe in an eye for an eye and very strict punishments. Public hangings, losing a hand for stealing and all of that good stuff. And someone on death row should not have any civil rights. It pisses me off to no end to know that someone on death row sleeps better and has more comforts than our soldiers. If you are in prison it should be just that, punishment and not some damned resort.

If they would back off of the gun regs, we the people could take care of and protect our own without worry of prosecution.

And don't get me started on illegal immigration.

My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: 10ring] #3982197 01/23/13 02:02 AM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant
Originally Posted By: 10ring
Target,
I hope your right...!

I am having flash backs of the TEA Party Movement....
Look where we are now, as bad and worse shape. A double whammy!
Obama and He/They are trying to taketh away our 2nd Amendment Rights!

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3982585 01/23/13 03:18 AM
rvtech Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: target1911
Furthermore, if this countries justice system would stop being [censored] cats and grow into Lions it would help curb crime as well. I believe in an eye for an eye and very strict punishments. Public hangings, losing a hand for stealing and all of that good stuff. And someone on death row should not have any civil rights. It pisses me off to no end to know that someone on death row sleeps better and has more comforts than our soldiers. If you are in prison it should be just that, punishment and not some damned resort.

If they would back off of the gun regs, we the people could take care of and protect our own without worry of prosecution.

And don't get me started on illegal immigration.

Agreed! More thought goes into comitting a crime when you see someone hang for it.

Last edited by rvtech; 01/23/13 03:19 AM.
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: rvtech] #3982821 01/23/13 04:13 AM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
This country has had several movements in its history starting with the revolution.....
In no particular order
Abolish slavery
Black rights
Women's rights
Gay rights
Abortion rights
Separation of church and state
Gun control
Immigrant (legal or not) rights
Minority rights
Civil union (gay marriage)
Prisoner rights
And a host of other civil rights

It's about damn time we have a SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED movement. Of we get lazy and just let our fire burn out we will not gain much ground. We as a whole need to keep the momentum going. Keep writing, sending emails, rallies/protests and for God sake DON'T GIVE UP. We will only have our rights and gain more ground if we keep pushing and don't let the fire burn down.

My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3982860 01/23/13 04:24 AM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
And not to mention the
PUSH 1 FOR ENGLISH movement.

My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3982915 01/23/13 04:45 AM
Mr Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Mr Redneck] #3982969 01/23/13 05:09 AM
T
target1911 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
OMG!!!! This muskets look way to close to the ones used by the military of the time. ELM......evil long muskets.

My Dad
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: target1911] #3983399 01/23/13 01:44 PM
B
Bob in Big D Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Gun control is happening one small step at a time! We either stop it now or lose a little bit more.

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: Korean Redneck] #3983512 01/23/13 02:27 PM
B
BCJ Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck
I'm willing to give up fully auto to show that we, the gun community, do make consessions and can site it as something we've already given up. Now you, the gun-control supporters, need to know that.
But also comes to a safety issue for me. Once again, I'm cautious enough around all the fools with the current array of firearms out there. Put things like fully auto in too many people's hands increases the likelihood of somehting happening to me.

So you are willing to give up something that doesn't really affect you because you don't have one? That's the same logic as the guys that are into bolt action rifles saying they will give up AR15's because they don't think people need them. Full auto was already sacraficed in '68 and '86 as part of other legaslation - it is highly regulation, has a finite availability and is very costly (enough so that most common people cannot afford to get into the full auto section of firearms). The legality of NFA is also so far from most people's radar - that's a good place to keep it. Now that suppressors have gotten main stream attention it could only be a matter of time before they become the target of gun grabbers.
When people use the logic of 'give something up that doesn't affect them to keep what they want' then everyone loses since there is always some group willing to give up what you want to save their stuff. When it comes to the 2nd Amendment it is really give and inch and they will take a mile.

Last edited by BCJ; 01/23/13 02:28 PM.
Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: BCJ] #3983662 01/23/13 03:14 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: BCJ
I'm willing to give up fully auto to show that we, the gun community, do make consessions and can site it as something we've already given up. Now you, the gun-control supporters, need to know that.

So you are willing to give up something that doesn't really affect you because you don't have one? That's the same logic as the guys that are into bolt action rifles saying they will give up AR15's because they don't think people need them. Full auto was already sacraficed in '68 and '86 as part of other legaslation - it is highly regulation, has a finite availability and is very costly (enough so that most common people cannot afford to get into the full auto section of firearms). The legality of NFA is also so far from most people's radar - that's a good place to keep it. Now that suppressors have gotten main stream attention it could only be a matter of time before they become the target of gun grabbers.
When people use the logic of 'give something up that doesn't affect them to keep what they want' then everyone loses since there is always some group willing to give up what you want to save their stuff. When it comes to the 2nd Amendment it is really give and inch and they will take a mile.

And this is why in a decade or two there will be very few privately owned firearms, not to mention the education the kids are receiving in school.

Re: it would appear that nobamy has.... [Re: BCJ] #3984778 01/23/13 07:33 PM
2010bigdog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: BCJ

You've hit the nail on the head.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide