Forums46
Topics538,272
Posts9,735,128
Members87,077
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Duckin Nuts] #3526233 08/30/12 02:09 AM
R
RedTx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: Duckin Nuts

I'm sorry, but that's just more misinformation. I personally know that Matt made a last minute decision to go to Kansas to learn a new taxi man technique. He pulled that wood duck that was already mounted and then put it on a special base and scene for the show only a few days before he went. He pours his heart out on every bird he touches....and he doesn't have to resort to bashing his competitors.
First off I wasnt bashing anyone, and Matt isnt my competition. His birds are three times as good as mine. Matt is light years ahead of what I can do so I dont quite see how you think he is my competition?

Second whether you want to believe it or not competition birds are different than commercial birds. To win a competition your putting nasal post in the bill. Now I have no idea how the Kansas show went but if that piece that Jeff owns won without nasal post it would be a suprise. Another thing I would like to mention once a birds foot is formed to its attachment (the base)for a few days it cant be changed. You cant just take a bird that is on a flat rock and then put it on a tree branch and expect the foot and webs to conform to the branch it will not look natural and that will not win shows.

I dont know how Matt could do that but what do I know I havent mounted 1% of the amount of birds Matt has and as yall all know he is a magician when it comes to birds. I do know this, no matter what bird taxidermist you want to talk to they put twice as much time, energy, and effort into a competition piece than they do in a commercial piece. If they mounted their commercial pieces like competiton pieces they wouldnt make any money.

My point of posting in the first place was to inform people that not every taxidermist do their own birds. Mainly big game guys and fish guys wholesale them out. Competition pieces are different than commercial pieces ask any bird taxidermist guy in the country. Bird taxidermist put a whole lot more effort into a competition piece than they every would a commercial piece. So my advice once again is look at their commercial work not their competiton.

But hey what do i know these are just my opinions and advice so take it for what its worth.

Last edited by RedTx; 08/30/12 02:12 AM.
Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: SweetTea] #3526257 08/30/12 02:15 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Hey duck nutz I didnt ask for a $400 stand, and I didnt ask to have MY duck in a contest, and I dont care if I put up a cell phone pick or not. I wasnt kicking him when he he is down, just stating a fact that he is way slow!!! 3 years for a duck,,,, come on man!! And I still have 5 clients calling me bitching that their ducks arent back yet. So will I be sending any more ducks to Matt??? I think not after your post!! You just screwed Matt. Pat yourself on the back bro.

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Jeff Elder] #3526310 08/30/12 02:26 AM
S
SweetTea Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Man my bro in law has at least 5 or 6 birds I know of that has come from birdworks and I know he never waited more than a year. I can see by the pictures and judging off my in laws birds that it is worth the wait! Excellent work Matt!

OMG, this is the best slumber party ever!
Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Duckin Nuts] #3526451 08/30/12 02:56 AM
D
duckiller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Suckin Nuts
[quote=Jeff Elder]That was my duck. I only waited three freaking years for it no big freaking deal except it was paid in full two years before it. Matt does great work but if your in any hurry he may not be your man

I've been told by several folks that you got that $400.00 habitat base for free but I don't see any mention of that in your post. .....and the Kickin' a guy when he's down...Real Classy. Also, I noticed that you posted a cell phone pic of the birdworks bird instead of the studio pic like you did for Pat. So, will I be pond poppin' with Siilver Creek outfitters this season? No Thanks.

I think your reading into it pretty bad. Cell phone pick and studio pick...really...do you think that was thought out?

Matt does great work, Pat does great work. Jeff has dealt with them both and had a better experience with Pat, so I would imagine he would recommend Pat. That makes logical sense.

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: SweetTea] #3526456 08/30/12 02:56 AM
W
wcbillcollector Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
That freak'n snow and eagle head look unreal!

T

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Judd] #3526475 08/30/12 03:01 AM
N
Nutrarat Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Wow

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Duckin Nuts] #3526482 08/30/12 03:03 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted By: Duckin Nuts
and he doesn't have to resort to bashing his competitors.

You haven't been around here long have you? That is the whole reason I didn't take my birds last fall to Matt. His actions on this, and other, boards made me not even consider him. His work is solid no doubt....I don't think anyone on this post is disputing that and we all wish him a quick recovery.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Judd] #3526536 08/30/12 03:16 AM
H
Hank the bird dog Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I've had 4 birds done by Matt and they have all exceeded my expectations. Great work and a good guy. Definitely worth the wait for quality work. I had my first mount done by a taxi who did also does large game and it's not in the same ballpark as a taxi who only does birds.

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Judd] #3527249 08/30/12 01:31 PM
S
ShootEmFoldEm Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Matt notified everyone that he wasn’t taking in birds last fall so he could get caught up and his website stated it, so your post is a little confusing to me?

“His actions…”? You mean the actions of him giving every single THF member a discount? You mean the actions of never charging for repairs? You mean the actions of including habitat with each mount over the past 5 years? Those actions? You mean the actions of encouraging every one of his clients, including myself to join the THF to help it grow? Those actions? You mean the action of just wanting to post pictures of birds for people to enjoy? Those actions? You mean him opening up his shop to pass on the art of bird taxidermy to folks? Unbelievable.

Matt has always given me excellent birds with all the extra's included at the best price around. He is methodical in his work and yes, it takes forever to get them back, but he will always be my bird guy.

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: ShootEmFoldEm] #3527274 08/30/12 01:39 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I think i am following along pretty well here, but I have just one question. Who is matt?

Re: New Mounts...really ticked off (pic heavy) [Re: Judd] #3527299 08/30/12 01:47 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Just use that goose as a decoy

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3