Print Thread
"Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX #2958598 01/25/12 07:14 AM
K
KVP Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
K
I hope you did not waste you money on this outfitter. Their stories kept changing and they were not sticking to all their lies. I paid them well and guide was tipped well even though he kept hinting for tips. A group of us went on their so called Hog Hunt because they said they had hundreds of hogs and we could shoot as many as we wanted. They never picked us up in the mornings and would not let us do anything during the day. They said they were too busy to take us anywhere but the 3 of us were the only clients there. After we arrived, they said the only times of the day that the hogs would move around was the first 3 hours after sunset. They only took us out two times at 3 1/2 hours each. None of us saw any hogs the first night and only one of us saw hogs the second night. One guy got his hog and the guide would not even assist the cleaning by holding a flash light. The guide just hinting he wanted his tip so he could leave and said no pig was worth cleaning. We were going to clean the pig since the guide and owner took our small number of ducks we shot and said they would clean them and get them back to us. They never brought our ducks back. They took our credit card number at the begining and kept hinting and even left notes reminding us to tip them. They did not see us off and owner/guide never checked on us and would not even return our calls. We were willing to clean our ducks so we could have at least something to take home. But he would not return our calls. We were always friendly and easy to adjust to there changes in plans. We wanted to be fair and pay extra for any work or effort they put forth. The owner's son was shooting they ducks before they would even let us walk up on the ponds. I have ran my own guided deer hunts and understand the business and really gave them the benefit of any doubt. We wanted to experience Texas and did not get treated well. I was surprised by very minimal animals. We were there for 4 days and the only hog saw on their properties was pinned up in the outfitter's front yard of his home. I did see 3 small fawn smaller then a dog and they really exaggerated the number of all their ducks, hogs, deer and turkey. I do understand that hunting can't be good all the time, but an outfitter should let you hunt when he had promised. The cabins did have furnished kitchens, hot water, ruining toilet and TV. I think they might have hogs, but I never saw one in the four days we were there. I also did not see any bucks, coyotes or cats. But they did have corn in the feeders for them if they would show up. I do hope "Affordable Outfitters" can make a go of their business and I hope things get better for them. I hope they start treating clients better or they will loose their funding, but maybe they will keep taking money from the trusting hunters that are out there. I can try to justify the hunt but not through all the lies and false promises they provided. Wish you all the best!

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: KVP] #2958601 01/25/12 07:21 AM
C
caldwelldeerhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
WOW! that sucks man sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info though. I have never heard of this outfit before very interested in what othrs have to say about this.

If I put my wife in a high fence will her rack get bigger?
[Linked Image]
Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: KVP] #2958795 01/25/12 01:54 PM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
"Affordable"? Maybe they cut corners and provide less to be affordable? Sometimes you get what you pay for.....

Sucks, though. That said, we only hunt hogs early and late in the day too. And, sometimes in the best areas, the pigs just don't want to cooperate.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: dawaba] #2959753 01/25/12 06:55 PM
K
KVP Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
K
I can understand cutting a few corners to make a less expensive hunt. There were only 3 of us hunting and paid them only $1,500.00 for 2 evening hunts for 3.5 hours. Then we also tipped well above that price. The disappointing part was all the unkept promisses, lies, and missleading statements and not returning our calls. A good learning experience. I know I would never be able to sleep if I treated my clients that way. Maybe they will learn.

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: KVP] #2959799 01/25/12 07:09 PM
J
JonesFisher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
WoW!! 1500 for a hog hunt? Hell you can come hunt for a week 24/7 if you will pay 1500

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: JonesFisher] #2959807 01/25/12 07:11 PM
K
KVP Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
K
Now you tell me!.... I spent it all there already.... LOL!

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: KVP] #2960194 01/25/12 09:30 PM
J
JonesFisher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Keep me in mind for next trip, and no It wont cost near that.

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: JonesFisher] #2960208 01/25/12 09:33 PM
T
tbullet Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
For $1500 you can come shoot a nice 8 pt, two doe, and 2 hogs.

tbullet

Re: "Affordable Outfitters" Bryson, TX [Re: tbullet] #2960891 01/26/12 12:22 AM
B
batman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Why did you tip for that kind of service?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide