All Public Land TV Show #2680844 10/21/11 03:14 AM
S
STXHO Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
http://fowlminds.com/index.html

This is a new thing some of the guys I hunt with started. Looks like I got volunteered to do some more public land hunting this season. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: STXHO] #2680856 10/21/11 03:19 AM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Cool website and concept...Send them to central TX

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: TXPride] #2680900 10/21/11 03:35 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
When DU did a show on a south texas public lake and hyped it up, a lot of hunters down there were livid about it. I think half their south texas membership did not renew that year. So you may get resistance regionally.

But hey, I like the concept myself. I travel up to four states each year hunting almost exclusively public areas. I have Geese trips planned for a NWR in OK and a State Park in KS already for this season.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: TXPride] #2681689 10/21/11 03:18 PM
N
No Choke Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: TXPride
Cool website and concept...Send them to central TX

rofl

My hunting friends have tossed this idea around for yrs. Decided against it. I'd rather take a "newbie" hunter out to some of the public places and let them experience it first-hand. We know that a lot of folks don't take the time to find out what public areas are accessible for hunting. There isn't an endless supply of prime public hunting areas. Especially, in drought yrs.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't watch the show. I would prefer to see the hunts in La., or some other state and not in "my backyard."

[Linked Image]
Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: No Choke] #2681698 10/21/11 03:20 PM
S
STXHO Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I already told Clayton about revealing spots on public land and that is not what is going to happen. I think the website is cool and give them props for taking on something like that.

Last edited by CPO; 10/21/11 03:24 PM.
Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: STXHO] #2682059 10/21/11 05:29 PM
T
Texas_ram Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Great Concept! Texas is either the largest state for waterfowling or one of the largest. I hope you lots of success!

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Texas_ram] #2682227 10/21/11 06:26 PM
M
marshdrake Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Dont come around here and film please haha jk

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: marshdrake] #2682300 10/21/11 06:53 PM
H
hpd Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
As long as you do your best not to reveal specific spots, I think it's a great idea. Public hunting is pretty tough, even if you've been doing it for a while....most guys aren't willing to scout for days and walk for miles anyways....if you can help provide those true hardcore hunters with some useful tips, go for it.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: hpd] #2682985 10/21/11 11:52 PM
W
woodiesmacker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Cool concept, terrible idea. No point in screwing up something good only to look cool. Just my opinion.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: woodiesmacker] #2683308 10/22/11 02:46 AM
thomas_z71 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Good luck man, looks pretty neat. I wish I lived close enough to you guys so I could be a special guest from the "city." smile

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: thomas_z71] #2683784 10/22/11 12:40 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
........So you are gonna travel around filming and punk out some poor bastards huntin spot on a natinal TV show??

Terrible idea.

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: thomas_z71] #2684078 10/22/11 03:47 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
im all for it. That would be easier than internet scouting.

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: ishootspoonies] #2684587 10/22/11 10:50 PM
M
Muddyfoot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Man these young guys could be doing worse but they are having a good time and staying out of trouble.

Who cares that they show a few public spots it is what it is and thats public.I dont know why so many guys are in a wad about a spot on public land cause believe me its not like its some big secret you can Google map all of Texas.

If you hunt public then dont tell your spots but these guys look like they want to tell theirs so hats off to em.

Last edited by Muddyfoot; 10/22/11 10:51 PM.
Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Muddyfoot] #2684966 10/23/11 02:19 AM
S
STXHO Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Muddyfoot
Man these young guys could be doing worse but they are having a good time and staying out of trouble.

Who cares that they show a few public spots it is what it is and thats public.I dont know why so many guys are in a wad about a spot on public land cause believe me its not like its some big secret you can Google map all of Texas.

If you hunt public then dont tell your spots but these guys look like they want to tell theirs so hats off to em.

AMEN!

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: STXHO] #2685235 10/23/11 04:02 AM
W
Water Turkey2 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
meeeh....

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Muddyfoot] #2685806 10/23/11 04:29 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker

.....I'll tell ya who cares. Its the guys who hunts the spot maybe on a regular basis, and would prefer not to have the location their little piece of waterfowlin heaven broadcast all over TV.

If these guys wanna video their hunts for a drunken after season video viewing party then thats fine....Just keep it off the air.

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2685852 10/23/11 04:51 PM
F
Featherduster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: 1 Year Wonder

.....I'll tell ya who cares. Its the guys who hunts the spot maybe on a regular basis, and would prefer not to have the location their little piece of waterfowlin heaven broadcast all over TV.

If these guys wanna video their hunts for a drunken after season video viewing party then thats fine....Just keep it off the air.

I agree Wonder.

I also won't believe anything till I see it. When is the show supposed to air anyway?

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Featherduster] #2686293 10/23/11 09:17 PM
S
seethemkillthem Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: Featherduster

I agree Wonder.

I also won't believe anything till I see it. When is the show supposed to air anyway?

The last time I checked I live in the greatest country in the world “The United States of America” and in the greatest state in the union “The Great State of TEXAS!!!” and the word public means open to us all. I hunt only on public land and believe me I have shown up to my “piece of waterfowl haven” to find someone else already there, or having someone come in at 5 minutes before LST and set up less than a 100 yards away. That is the price of hunting public land.
I really don’t think a group of guys spending a few days at different lakes during the waterfowl season is going to make much difference even if they give the GPS coordinates

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: seethemkillthem] #2686422 10/23/11 10:16 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: seethemkillthem

The last time I checked I live in the greatest country in the world “The United States of America” and in the greatest state in the union “The Great State of TEXAS!!!” and the word public means open to us all. I hunt only on public land and believe me I have shown up to my “piece of waterfowl haven” to find someone else already there, or having someone come in at 5 minutes before LST and set up less than a 100 yards away. That is the price of hunting public land.
I really don’t think a group of guys spending a few days at different lakes during the waterfowl season is going to make much difference even if they give the GPS coordinates

..........in that case then why don't you be the first to post up GPS coords to your spots so these guys can punk um out to the whole world.

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2686496 10/23/11 10:57 PM
S
seethemkillthem Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S

..........in that case then why don't you be the first to post up GPS coords to your spots so these guys can punk um out to the whole world.

I typically hunt Ray Roberts and mostly up buck creek. I guess I will see you and the rest of the state of Texas in my spot on opening weekend since you can’t find a spot on your own and you rely on the internet to do your scouting.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: seethemkillthem] #2686503 10/23/11 11:02 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H

I typically hunt Ray Roberts and mostly up buck creek. I guess I will see you and the rest of the state of Texas in my spot on opening weekend since you can’t find a spot on your own and you rely on the internet to do your scouting.

He said you ain't got no " spot" Dane you internet scouter you rofl

just a note to the topwater busting the Wonders nutts: son, guys like the Wonder and me were killing green when you were still swimmin around in your daddy's sac trout

R & B Outdoors
Mud Buddy motors/accessories
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Homey da Clown] #2686534 10/23/11 11:15 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown

..........just a note to the topwater busting the Wonders nutts: son, guys like the Wonder and me were killing green when you were still swimmin around in your daddy's sac trout

.......... up Kids think they know it all

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: Homey da Clown] #2686555 10/23/11 11:27 PM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

just a note to the topwater busting the Wonders nutts: son, guys like the Wonder and me were killing green when you were still swimmin around in your daddy's sac trout

This thread just got real.

It's a cool idea, but yes people will get pizzed of they show the exact spot they went to. I have always thought a show that encompassed the whole hunt,boat ride, setting decoys and explaining the techniques for what they were doing would be cool. Kill shots are fun to see, but that would only be part of it if I could make a shot.

On a side note, I think a real survivor show would be awesome. A mix between bear grills and that ghey show "survivor" Drop some dudes down in the middle of nowhere, last man standing wins.

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: kdub] #2686681 10/24/11 12:20 AM
H
hpd Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: kdub

This thread just got real.

It's a cool idea, but yes people will get pizzed of they show the exact spot they went to. I have always thought a show that encompassed the whole hunt,boat ride, setting decoys and explaining the techniques for what they were doing would be cool. Kill shots are fun to see, but that would only be part of it if I could make a shot.

On a side note, I think a real survivor show would be awesome. A mix between bear grills and that ghey show "survivor" Drop some dudes down in the middle of nowhere, last man standing wins.

Maybe I'm hunting the wrong spots, but most of my public hunting is very akin to a brutal survival show....I can see the title now, "Man vs. Mosquito! and you might get to see a few ducks, too."

Re: All Public Land TV Show [Re: STXHO] #2686739 10/24/11 12:46 AM
M
Muddyfoot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
It's Sunday night and I got back from scouting a Public river all weekend and only because I dont want to offend anyone on here I wont say the name but let me tell ya there is no secret about lakes and rivers in Texas cause man this place was packed all up and down the river with mud boats all day every day this week.But I will say there is a difference in naming lakes and rivers and telling were the X of someones spot is.

So hopefully these boys wont find your X and give the I- scouters a head start.I'm with you guys on that when it comes to I- scouters we put in alot of hard work.time and money to have a good hunt,but I also think this crew does aswell and deserves to do their thang how they want too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide