I was over at the Academy off of IH35 in Schertz and they have these scopes on clearance for $69.99. They were $129.99, and Milletts own on-line shop wants $195.00 for them.

http://theconsumerlink.com/product_detail.asp?BID=Millett&T1=TCL+RD00006&navStart=0&.

Had to buy one to put on my wife's AR22 so I could get my old red dot back. First impressions after mounting it are as follows.

Mounting directly to the rail required you to really sink the stock into your cheek to get the proper sight picture, and also required the iron sights to come off. I tossed the scope on some old risers and not only did the check weld improve, but the factory sights co-witnessed in the bottom third of the glass. New 30mm mounts will be orderd similar to Burriss' AR PEPR mount.

I like the the simplicity of 4 sizes of just the dot and no outer circles, cross hairs, etc. It makes it much easier for my wife to shoot. Which makes it easier for me to get out in the field. The glass is pretty clear.

The first 3 or 4 settings of dot brightness are almost impossible to see in the day, but there is a decent range and it is easy to see in full sun out in my back yard when adjusted. In the dark, the higher settings are too bright and tend to wash out the edges of dot and make it appear fuzzy. On 10 and 11, a halo begins to appear around the dot. The scope caps do not fit while the sun shade is on.

Taking it to the range in the morning, hopefully it holds zero and I will have gotten a good deal.

Last edited by SATX; 05/29/11 09:58 PM. Reason: pics