Forums46
Topics538,079
Posts9,732,742
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: gamebear] #2321342 05/20/11 03:05 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
That's as bad as back in the day when they used to show the hunter looking for the deer from the dead deer's point of view! You would think a cameraman at the deer would be a clue as to where it was. I don't like underwater shots on fishing shows either. Then I guess I'm old school because I don't think we have to have hot chicks to sell hunting shows either. Tiffany is pretty but her voice could crack glass. One more thing all the on camera WHISPERING SUCKS!

Last edited by Curly; 05/20/11 03:06 AM.
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Curly] #2321544 05/20/11 05:53 AM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
I mostly watch them for entertainment value only. I try not to miss an episode of Bone Collectors. I am a huge fan of Michael Waddell and really enjoy the lighter side of the show especially when he has Blake Shelton on. You have to admit his Bone Collector idea has made him a ton of money. I also like to watch Uncle Ted. He has been a favorite of mine for years. Obviously I watch The Crush with Lee and Tiffany. For a blonde Tiffany is pretty hot. I wish she would dye her hair brown then she would be hotter but shes not half bad. Everyone in the family sits and watches Hunt Wicked Close. I like the realism that they bring to the show. Plus its nice to see someone on tv that I have met in person. We watch others too but those are the ones we try not to miss. I could care less about watching someone shoot a big deer up in the northeast with a rifle, but if its bowhunting we watch it or if they are hunting in places where I have or could hunt like here in Texas and Oklahoma. It has been my dream for years to be on tv just once hunting. Just about every time I go out hunting I carry a video camera with me in hopes of making something that could possibly be edited for tv. I have even done the whole packing up, leaving the house, driving down the road thing and believe me its not easy to video yourself driving down the road, doing commentary and trying to drive at the same time. So far I havent gottenanything close to what I want but there is always hope that I will. I still enjoy showing it to friends and family. I think if you take them for their entertainment value they are not bad.

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Square Up Archery & Lightning Bowstrings Staff Shooter
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Rob Lay] #2322897 05/20/11 10:28 PM
C
crease_flounder Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
oh, here's another one that comes to mind. do you notice whether rifle or bow, all Deer fall dead within 50 yards. confused same line every time, "he just went down right there".

...followed by a tracking-the-blood-sign segment and then the inevitable "Look at this MATURE (fill in the blank)". Every animal shot on TV is "mature". C'mon! I know that you feel like you have to put something on the ground for the camera, but that 8 point with the taught face, no chest, and no belly is not mature.

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: crease_flounder] #2330781 05/24/11 07:07 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
It's kinda like watching political speeches, they try to BS us like they are talking to 10 years old. Almost all of them do it. They really think we're all that gullible. I guess enough viewers are to buy all the attractants, odor killers, and other unnecessary crapola they push. All you really need is a gun, a brain, and a knife. Everything else is your money in their pocket.

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: retfuz] #2330956 05/24/11 08:34 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
How about special effects and some of the music that they put in background...it's a hunting show not the Matrix! I have VH1 and CMT if I want music on tv so can that idea also! They overlap the special effects and music...well that just pushes my buttons and makes me want to beat a baby seal! bang

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: RLoving1] #2331671 05/25/11 01:54 AM
K
Kimber1911 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I've been in a few tv shows and let me tell you ain't nothing real the way it happens with hunting show...

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Kimber1911] #2331702 05/25/11 02:10 AM
T
timbertoes Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I have watched about TWO hunting shows, and that was two too many.

Forum says "Veteran Tracker". I could not track a garbage truck into a fireworks factory.
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Matagorda Mud Pig] #2479846 08/04/11 09:37 PM
B
Big buck serial killer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Originally Posted By: Diprivan
How about some hunting shows that aren't 20 minute commercials? I'd pay to watch a show teaching me how to hunt, rather than, selling me a product

EXACTLY!
I put together a new webshow that actually teaches and takes the hunter along for the whole hunt from scouting to recovery nothing staged, no sponsor crap, no re-enacted scenes, no outfitters, just DIY guys getting it done on public and the farm they knocked on the door at..
Check it out, its free to watch, would love to read your comments. Here is a direct link to watch the show.

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/videocast/index.php

Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
http://www.huntingbeast.com
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: littlebass] #2479861 08/04/11 09:44 PM
M
michael rice Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: littlebass
Only hunting show worth watching is Lee & Tiffany, or should I just say... Tiffany. Who cares what she shoots or how it's doctored up.

lol my wife gets mad cause i watch her on tv

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: michael rice] #2480292 08/05/11 12:20 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
What annoys me is the music, always dumb and at the wrong time, sometimes the production is so bad, you can't hear what the guy is saying. At least with MTV the video is only a few minutes..LOL

Like said, they always fall "right there" I guess pen raised deer don't run very far. "who said that?"..LOL

One last thing. If I did as much moving and talking as some of them do just before shooting that 180", I wouldn't even see a doe!

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Western] #2480356 08/05/11 12:45 AM
B
btpatriot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Ive been involved in a few shows and theyre not that bad but some shows out there obviously go too far

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Western] #2480559 08/05/11 01:49 AM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Western
What annoys me is the music, always dumb and at the wrong time, sometimes the production is so bad, you can't hear what the guy is saying. At least with MTV the video is only a few minutes..LOL

Like said, they always fall "right there" I guess pen raised deer don't run very far. "who said that?"..LOL

One last thing. If I did as much moving and talking as some of them do just before shooting that 180", I wouldn't even see a doe!

x2

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Western] #2481626 08/05/11 02:59 PM
R
Riverslayer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
whats worse is some of the deer they shoot i would cry if i shot them in the wild and then say its unbelievable micheal waddle said it about 4 times on a 150 inch deer he shot but how could it be unbelievable he just paid someone a $hit load of money to come kill the deer just sad when you lose the emotion and passion for hunting its not about shooting a 190 like the drurys,lakoskis,and bone collectors may make it look that way but its called hunting not killing. Btw HF are still for kids women and the disabled anyone can pull a 3 1/2 lb trigger on a led sled while the rancher opens the gate to the pen HF owners feel free to chime in and tell me im wrong but over the last 3 years ive watched my uncle grow a 300inch whitetail in a cage so who wants dibs on him? you gotta shoot him with a 22 at 5 feet away while i video you doin it then you gotta tell everyone your a hunter and it was hard to do

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Bowtech1233] #2484972 08/07/11 01:21 AM
J
jcoutdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
My pet peave is these guys running the camera on a downed animal while it tries to expire. Shows disrespect and points a bad light on hunters.

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Riverslayer] #2485591 08/07/11 11:12 AM
T
Tye Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Riverslayer
HF owners feel free to chime in and tell me im wrong

Ok, your wrong. Happy?

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
If you shoot a young deer because a neighbor will shoot it, you are that neighbor.
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Tye] #2485613 08/07/11 11:48 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Tye
HF owners feel free to chime in and tell me im wrong

Ok, your wrong. Happy?

I'd like to add to that please. "Your very wrong!"

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: HWY_MAN] #2488862 08/08/11 06:07 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
Not sure if it is on anymore but there was a show about some COuntry singer chick named Christy or Chrissy or something. Anyway, on one episode she goes to shoot a deer and the camera switches to another angle and the deer they show standing there is not even remotely close to the same deer supposedly shoots and walks up on. I rewinded it several times to show my wife and he thought it was hilarious.

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: aggiehunter03] #2488951 08/08/11 06:42 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Not sure if it is on anymore but there was a show about some COuntry singer chick named Christy or Chrissy or something. Anyway, on one episode she goes to shoot a deer and the camera switches to another angle and the deer they show standing there is not even remotely close to the same deer supposedly shoots and walks up on. I rewinded it several times to show my wife and he thought it was hilarious.

scratch eeks333 bolt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: redchevy] #2489006 08/08/11 07:01 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03

scratch eeks333 bolt

roflmao

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: gamebear] #2489028 08/08/11 07:09 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
And don't forget most of them are arrogant Richards that truly think they know it all when in fact some can hardly skin their own game and if it weren't in a pen or gimme hunt they would be lost. Most are so far out of touch with reality and what hunters want it is unfreakinbelievable!!!

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: BMD] #2489100 08/08/11 07:45 PM
T
Texas Turkey Hunter DFW Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
As the former director of photography for Outdoor Trails Television based here in Texas and a former freelance producer/photographer for the NWTF in Edgefield SC. I am proud to say that we NEVER faked a single hook set on a fish! or a kill shot on an animal EVER! EVERYTHING was shot as it happened in real time and many times my kills shot video had both the hunter and the animal in the frame when the shot was made!!!! the majority of the shows on TV today have NO CLUE how to shoot a realistic program AND most if not all of them are conveniently forgetting to label their hunting shows as re-enactments!

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Riverslayer] #2489116 08/08/11 07:51 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
whats worse is some of the deer they shoot i would cry if i shot them in the wild and then say its unbelievable micheal waddle said it about 4 times on a 150 inch deer he shot but how could it be unbelievable he just paid someone a $hit load of money to come kill the deer just sad when you lose the emotion and passion for hunting its not about shooting a 190 like the drurys,lakoskis,and bone collectors may make it look that way but its called hunting not killing. Btw HF are still for kids women and the disabled anyone can pull a 3 1/2 lb trigger on a led sled while the rancher opens the gate to the pen HF owners feel free to chime in and tell me im wrong but over the last 3 years ive watched my uncle grow a 300inch whitetail in a cage so who
wants dibs on him? you gotta shoot him with a 22 at 5 feet away while i video you doin it then you gotta tell everyone your a hunter and it was hard to do

Waddell may be the worst of all of them!

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: Texsun] #2489186 08/08/11 08:23 PM
J
JWP58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Texsun
The Pig Hunter? I think that Pig hunter dude is annoying.

I concur, i cant STAND over done accents. Its like, ok we know you're from Texas, stop playing it up already.

Honestly the only hunting shows i can stand is Tred Barta, and Benny Spies.

I also love it when they are completely dressed in camo, head to toe, then get in a box blind...lol right! Or with a huge BLAZE ORANGE vest. They would wear anything for some $$...

Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: JWP58] #2489425 08/08/11 09:52 PM
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: JWP58
Originally Posted By: Texsun
The Pig Hunter? I think that Pig hunter dude is annoying.

I concur, i cant STAND over done accents. Its like, ok we know you're from Texas, stop playing it up already.

Honestly the only hunting shows i can stand is Tred Barta, and Benny Spies.

I also love it when they are completely dressed in camo, head to toe, then get in a box blind...lol right! Or with a huge BLAZE ORANGE vest. They would wear anything for some $$...
Yes he is an idiot I watched an episode of him hunting cows wtf

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: sick of TV show outside blind shot clip [Re: JakeinTX] #2490396 08/09/11 03:42 AM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: JakeinTX
The shot that always bugged me was when they film themselves walking up to the kill. The camera person is on opposite side of dead animal and they are acting like it is first time seeing animal. Some of the b.s. that is passed off is crazy.
Jake

That drives me nuts! hammer

Why don't they just be straight forward and say, "so we waited X number of minutes and trailed the deer to this spot. We're about Y yards away from our stand. Let's take a look."

Can't stand the, "he should be around here some where," and they walk right up on the deer.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide