Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1671356 09/15/10 12:41 AM
G
Gators2561 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Sorry stxrachman thought that was you that wrote that. I apologize i relized my mistake after i had submitted it. Whoever wrote that is who that was aimed at.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1671369 09/15/10 12:46 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Gators2561
Sorry stxrachman thought that was you that wrote that. I apologize i relized my mistake after i had submitted it. Whoever wrote that is who that was aimed at.

That's ok..by the way I cook my own deer meat..and save most of the deer into steaks and then the rest in hamburger. I do hunt and have killed more deer than most people and have eatin' more deer than most people have. I happen to like the taste of venison and prefer it to most other meats.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: stxranchman] #1671405 09/15/10 12:59 AM
G
Gators2561 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I hear you man. I process everything myself same with the hogs and everything else. I just dont see the point in hunting if you dont eat it. But if you dont then your prob not as dedicated to hunting anyhow. Opening weekend warrior. I understand if you dont have the knowledge or place to clean and process but to say outright it taiste like doo doo sounds like a kid talking about peas. I get my limit and eat my limit every year, whats left at this time of year is turned into jerkey.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1671529 09/15/10 01:38 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Threads like this crack me up.

35 years ago, everybody wasn't just going out and popping a big deer and going home because the deer population was 1/6 the size of the current population. Why?

Education. As America continued to grow as a country and more and more people could spend more and more times on hobbies like hunting, more information was gathered and people figured out that things like food plots, intentionally planted high-protein browse, etc. helped the deer survive. Predator thinning, selective culling, you name it, it was learned.

It has NEVER been difficult to shoot a whitetailed deer in the State of Texas. The hard part used to be seeing one. That's no longer the case for almost anyone. So no, people aren't working as hard anymore to bust a deer these days. Guess what? Neither are you. Guess why? Because people considered a larger and healthier population of deer a desirable trait, and the collective population of hunters, landowner, etc has acted in fashion that has dramatically increased the number of deer.

And it's a good thing. You don't see people desperately studying ways to make their herd borderline non-existent for a reason.

I'm not a high-fence hunter, and I don't own a big ranch, but in my opinion, people that resent those type of places are a detriment to the continuance to the sport and are typically just bitter that they can't afford the same.

And plenty of us still sit in an uncovered tripod in the cold and rain and camp in a tent and just enjoy sitting in the brush. The last doe I shot dang near licked my nose as I sat under a giant live-oak camo'd head-to-toe watching a draw in the hill country hoping to see a tiny buck.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: cameron00] #1671605 09/15/10 02:08 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: cameron00

I'm not a high-fence hunter, and I don't own a big ranch, but in my opinion, people that resent those type of places are a detriment to the continuance to the sport and are typically just bitter that they can't afford the same.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly!

its like getting mad at chevrolet for making a corvette because you can only afford a corolla

Last edited by txtrophy85; 09/15/10 02:20 AM.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1671630 09/15/10 02:19 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Stxranchman wow you dont deserve the right to hunt then. Which you prob dont anyhow. The taste of chicken fried deer steak is why i get up and sit through the mesquitos or freezing cold. Doo doo WTF who cooks your meat, and who processes it. That statement is pure rediculous.

and who made you the hunting queen, telling who has the right to hunt? I'll bet i hunt more in one week than you do the whole season.

our ranch has donated over 10 deer a year for the last 5 years to meat ministries and orphanages in south texas, its not like i'm throwing the stuff in the trash.

All i stated, is that besides dried sausage and occasionally jerky, I don't care for whitetail that much. Most people feel the same way, if that wern't the case, we'd farm deer and hunt cows. I eat the hell outta dove, quail, fish, axis and elk, when I can get it.

I've eaten a ton of chicken fried backstrap and tenderloins, and although i enjoy it on occasion, i don't wanna eat it every day and any health benefits of the leaness of venison is negated as soon as you roll it around in flour and drop it in tht hot grease, so eat it up.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: txtrophy85] #1671835 09/15/10 03:36 AM
G
Gators2561 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
This dang sure isnt a contest as to who hunts more cause I promise you that you don't. It's just the mere fact that you should appreciate what you kill. Maybe you do but you get pretty defensive when told other wise. Where I am coming from is that wild game is all we had when I was a kid and hearing people waisting it is bs but if you give it away thats fine. I am not that old just grew up poor as heck moved to texas where we made our living trapping coons. Your right that I shouldnt be the judge who hunts to each his own and people that dont respect the knowledge of a deer prob have never hunted public land with lots of pressure. Dont judge deer from your deer stand a 100 yds away grazing on corn or other baited area. I have no problem with that and do it myself but I have repect due from hard times of hunting.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1672187 09/15/10 12:27 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
This dang sure isnt a contest as to who hunts more cause I promise you that you don't. It's just the mere fact that you should appreciate what you kill. Maybe you do but you get pretty defensive when told other wise. Where I am coming from is that wild game is all we had when I was a kid and hearing people waisting it is bs but if you give it away thats fine. .

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone who wants to believe that they are jim bridger. thats fine.

you have no idea what i do and don't appreciate, i never made a statement that wild game meat is aweful or should't be eaten, but the fact tht i prefer other meat to chicken fried whitetail. and no, i don't think its very good, its okay at best but as stated before, I would't want to eat it 6 days a week. I would't want to eat prime rib or halibut six days a week either.

as for the rest of your statement.....I don't know where to begin.

are you telling me that because you hunt deer in areas with low density that you are somehow better than people who don't, or have more respect for the kill?

Last edited by txtrophy85; 09/15/10 12:29 PM.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: stxranchman] #1672213 09/15/10 12:45 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

"tastes like doo-doo"..I think you are eating the wrong end then.... rofl.

lol, those little dried sausage sticks do taste awful. Would rather have j/cheese, german or summer sausage.

Re: Hunting turning commercial??? [Re: Gators2561] #1672811 09/15/10 05:13 PM
L
Luckycharms_1981 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
This will possibly be the third year in a row that I may not be able to go hunting due to going thru some hard times and having to put other priorities first. I love the outdoors though, and have always hunted family land It's never been about trophies, or being able to buy the best most high priced equipment known to man but I won't judge those who can and do. They've earned that right to spend their hard earned money however they see fit and I say good for them. I hope I can be there some day! I can still remember that first buck and catching "the fever". The adrenaline rush, trying to controll my breathing to be able to take the shot, and then the pride of knowing that I just had me a big ole hunk of venison to put in my freezer! I say as long as you're within the law and doing the right thing than you should be able to hunt however it tickles your fancy! As for the commercialization, is it really a bad thing? Hunting is cincidered by many as a sport and sporting means competition, so if you have the patience to pass up an eight pointer in hopes of bagging a 12 pointer than more power to ya!

Look at it like fishing. You're not going to go fish a spot that you know doesn't have any fish. You're going to try and hit the spot where the big fish are and plenty of them right? It's the same way with hunting, you're going to go where you know their at. Sometimes and for some folks that means paying an Un-Godly amount for a lease or a weekend hunt on a high fence but thats their right as much as it is yours and mine to do it the poor boy way. Just my humble opinion...

Grab ahold of something, bite your lip, and GIVE IT HELL!!!!!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide