Texas Hunting Forum

Bison or ? around rock springs?

Posted By: matt51001

Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/17/23 09:04 AM

I will be in the Rock springs area in the beginning of April. I would like to hunt a buffalo or possibly some other animal. If you have a buff or something else (no goats or sheep) please send me a pm.or post it. Thank you
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/17/23 01:25 PM

Get with Pope Brothers Guide Service. They are based in Junction, but have ranches all around that area to hunt. Here is their website: https://www.huntsintexas.com/
Posted By: matt51001

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/19/23 12:07 PM

Thank you I will call them
Posted By: SoberHunter

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/20/23 02:14 PM

Matt,

I imagine some people have had a great experience with Pope Brothers Guide Service, and I respect Eland Slayers recommendation of them.Having hunted with 34 guided services in Texas, and running my own ranch with hunts, i cannot recommend them. Please note that they are a true outfitter in the since that they are leasing ground and land from lots of different places. Can tell you more offline.

If your are looking for a trusted outfitter in that area, go to Agua Vida Ranch. Great accommodations and great animals; including Buffalo. Call Andrew Olson 713-301-8440
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/20/23 05:03 PM

I've hunted with Pope Brothers 7 or 8 times and had many great times with them. Clay is an honest man and will work hard to ensure your hunt meets your expectations.
Posted By: aguavidaranch

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 03/22/23 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by SoberHunter
Matt,

I imagine some people have had a great experience with Pope Brothers Guide Service, and I respect Eland Slayers recommendation of them.Having hunted with 34 guided services in Texas, and running my own ranch with hunts, i cannot recommend them. Please note that they are a true outfitter in the since that they are leasing ground and land from lots of different places. Can tell you more offline.

If your are looking for a trusted outfitter in that area, go to Agua Vida Ranch. Great accommodations and great animals; including Buffalo. Call Andrew Olson 713-301-8440

Give me a Shout Matt! i Can promise you wont be dissapointed! Soberhunter you are the man BTW!
Posted By: Trophy Snipe Hunter

Re: Bison or ? around rock springs? - 04/14/23 03:45 PM

I hunted w/ Pope Brothers near Marfa for aoudad this year. Amazing ranch and hard working guides but I echo SoberHunters concerns. They seem to me overstretched and disorganized.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum