Texas Hunting Forum

Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022

Posted By: Ramsey

Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/01/21 01:26 AM

What is the cost??? I am assuming they weigh about 1,000 lbs. May go this route instead of a steer
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/01/21 09:50 AM

I’m not sure, but I’ve been thinking about this for a few years myself. I have all equipment needed for processing (including band saw) so can save a ton of money there.The only thing I don’t have yet is a walk in cooler to dry age meat, going to build one someday.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/01/21 02:02 PM

A Wyoming cow bison license is $2752, if you apply and then draw it.
The hunt is the hard part. No guarantee they will move onto public land to take one.

Prices have gone way up as of 2 years ago with the covid stuff and folks looking for meat hunts.
Ranches up this way sell out fast, get on it if you can.

A winter hide is really just beautiful, I would wait to hunt one later in fall or winter
You'll find hunts range from, pasture go shoot one to lets load up and go find them to take one on ranches.
Posted By: Kimber1911

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/02/21 03:25 AM

I have some for $3,000.00 each guided ,skinned and quartered and or delivered to the local processor
Posted By: therancher

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/02/21 11:29 PM

I can do them for a limited time at 1750 each but you help gut and I load in your pickup or trailer at that price.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/03/21 02:29 AM

interesting
Posted By: Kayaker

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/15/21 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by therancher
I can do them for a limited time at 1750 each but you help gut and I load in your pickup or trailer at that price.

Pm sent, still available?

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/18/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kayaker
Originally Posted by therancher

Pm sent, still available?

PM answered, yes.
Posted By: don k

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/18/21 06:09 PM

Yesterday when I was going to Kerrville a pickup hauled a** passed me with a dead Buffalo in the bed. Guess they were either trying to get to Bernhards or a Taxidermist before the flies got too bad.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 09/18/21 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by don k
Yesterday when I was going to Kerrville a pickup hauled a** passed me with a dead Buffalo in the bed. Guess they were either trying to get to Bernhards or a Taxidermist before the flies got too bad.

Thanks for reminding me of Bernhards. Heck, my dad used them a lot. Some of the best dried sausage in the state. But, they haven't updated their processing price list in 3 years? confused2 I was gonna try them, but, to me, that says a lot. If they do the ol' "we don't have time to mess with our website" speaks volumes to how they run their business.

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 10/15/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by don k

Thanks for reminding me of Bernhards. Heck, my dad used them a lot. Some of the best dried sausage in the state. But, they haven't updated their processing price list in 3 years? confused2 I was gonna try them, but, to me, that says a lot. If they do the ol' "we don't have time to mess with our website" speaks volumes to how they run their business.

Primo’s down in hondo is really good and real reasonable. Great dried sausage
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Buffalo Cow Meat Hunt in 2022 - 10/27/21 11:15 PM

I've used primos twice. was good
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum