Texas Hunting Forum

Water Buffalo update and a small request

Posted By: Big Kudu

Water Buffalo update and a small request - 12/17/20 07:07 PM

First off, and more importantly: My 11 yo is getting the itch, have any hunts for less than a $1000? Something with horns or antlers would be nice, pigs are a plus too! She's already taken a sheep and a goat.

Secondly, I asked if anyone had a water buffalo they needed taken. I found one! Took this gorgeous cow at 8 yards with my 35 Remington lever, 200 gr hard cast bullets from Doubletap. It got a little hairy with another cow she was running with, had to get up a tree for about 20 minutes! Couldn't be happier!

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_0661.jpg
Posted By: Erny

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 12/18/20 01:14 AM

Don K on here had some whitetail buck hunts in that price range.
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 01/04/21 08:38 PM

That's pretty awesome on the water buff! How's the meat? I grew up in Venezuela, where water buffalo were brought in during the 70s and 80s for their milk and many went feral. When I was guiding customers for peacock bass in the early and mid-90s, we had a couple of close encounters with feral water buffs and I always wondered what they would taste like. Back then all I had was a .243, so taking one down wasn't much of an option.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 01/05/21 02:31 PM

good job, might have been pissed because they were hungry
Posted By: Big Kudu

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 01/05/21 06:02 PM

The meat tasted amazing, just really tough. Guess that's what I get for taking a really old one! I ended up grinding up the whole animal.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 01/05/21 11:47 PM

Fantastic
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Water Buffalo update and a small request - 01/06/21 10:09 AM

Cool looking Water Buffalo, congrats! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum