Texas Hunting Forum

Monster Kudu

Posted By: Cody Malone

Monster Kudu - 12/04/20 08:05 PM

I have a mid to high 50s Kudu Bull we would like to have a lucky client hunt with Malone Outdoors. The hunt will be in Valleymills, Tx on a section of 2600 acres, Fully guided and all field care provided

Please text me with serious inquiry's on hunting the Grey Ghost! 254-722-9031

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/04/20 09:24 PM

Beautiful
Posted By: texfork

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/05/20 10:50 AM

That is an outstanding animal Cody . I bet someone will be after this one .
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/05/20 04:22 PM

Very nice
Posted By: Erny

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/05/20 10:27 PM

That’s going to save someone a long flight!!!! That’s a very nice kudu!!!
Posted By: Tundra

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/05/20 10:39 PM

Nice looking kudu
Posted By: ShadTank

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 01:42 AM

Must b free $$$$????
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by ShadTank
Must b free $$$$????

You could go to Namibia and hunt one that size at least twice for what that TX version costs I'd bet. Maybe 3 times.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 02:42 AM

Kudu has SOLD - harvesting Monday pictures and measurements to come
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 02:42 AM

Lets take a guess, I'll say $18,000.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65

I won’t disclose actual price on buyers behalf but not far from that #
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/06/20 10:26 PM

I'm gonna guess 54 inches. Nice and wide too!

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/07/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bowhunt Only
I'm gonna guess 54 inches. Nice and wide too!

I'm thinking 55" personally but you may be right! We will hopefully find out later today!
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/07/20 03:34 PM

That's a very nice Kudu. Good luck to the hunter, great bull. up
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/08/20 12:11 AM

You can go to Africa and get a kudu as good or better and not be anywhere near $18K including airfare, shipping, hunting, tips and taxidermy. Just sayin...

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/08/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
You can go to Africa and get a kudu as good or better and not be anywhere near $18K including airfare, shipping, hunting, tips and taxidermy. Just sayin...

You have got to learn it’s not about money for some it’s about time. A lot of folks who are very successful do not have time to be on another continent for days on end. So now we start valuing time at a dollar figure they would be loosing on and the reverberations of lost potential deals. Takes 24 hours to get to johanasburg in South Africa. Then another to get back, so 2 days, then ya have 5 days of hunting to shoot a quality bull. Hunting super exotics isn’t for everyone but a client made a dream a reality and capitalized on a great opportunity to check something off his bucket list.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/08/20 01:05 AM

[Linked Image]

Measured 56”

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/09/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Malone

I won’t disclose actual price on buyers behalf but not far from that #

Wow

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 01:52 PM

Believe me us African outfitter's appreciate nothing more than having hunters come over from the States, however as mentioned in a previous comment, for some people there is a value to time and convenience. I had a prospective client about send through a deposit for a hunting trip on an 8 animal package with a Kudu being his number 1 priority. A few weeks later he sent me a picture of his Kudu he hunted in Texas and apologised profusely that between his work, family commitments and church programs he was involved in, there was no way he had time to travel to Africa. The price of that Kudu was more than the package I had quoted him, but I understood.
We need to realise and accept that each hunter is to his own, has varying circumstances and regardless of where he hunts or how much he spends, it is income generated to someone in the hunting industry.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kingsview Safaris
Believe me us African outfitter's appreciate nothing more than having hunters come over from the States, however as mentioned in a previous comment, for some people there is a value to time and convenience. I had a prospective client about send through a deposit for a hunting trip on an 8 animal package with a Kudu being his number 1 priority. A few weeks later he sent me a picture of his Kudu he hunted in Texas and apologised profusely that between his work, family commitments and church programs he was involved in, there was no way he had time to travel to Africa. The price of that Kudu was more than the package I had quoted him, but I understood.
We need to realise and accept that each hunter is to his own, has varying circumstances and regardless of where he hunts or how much he spends, it is income generated to someone in the hunting industry.

up

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 02:36 PM

Well said!
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 03:26 PM

Very well said. As long as hunting is performed legally, I try not to tell others how they should hunt.
Posted By: mseanw

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 03:30 PM

Everyone is different. I dont judge anyone. If you want to take a kudu in TX for 6x the price in RSA, then great. It looks the same on the wall as everyone elses.
For me, at least, when I look up at the wall now at some African stuff I have, it is the story that matters the most.
Who, what, when, where, how. It is the hunt that matters almost more to me than the trophy on the wall.
I simply want to take African animals in Africa. But, yes it is a big time commitment and travel heavy logistical process.
Later in life when you have time and money but health prevents the travel, I dont want to have regrets.
Thus, I be back in RSA for a third time in June, I hope (covid).
But I dont begrudge anyone for going this route, I just personally do something different.
Beautiful kudu, however.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/11/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by syncerus

Very well said. As long as hunting is performed legally, I try not to tell others how they should hunt.

Well said Kingsview and I agree completely Syncerus.

Something I like is wild game meat and taking the animal in Texas I get to enjoy the full animal, sure the experience of the far off land hunt is attractive but I want the full animal as well. Just a different perspective to things.
Posted By: CatchinBass

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/12/20 06:46 PM

Very nice
Posted By: Erny

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/13/20 04:25 PM

Congratulations to the the hunter. That is a very nice kudu.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/14/20 09:12 PM

Very well stated. up

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/16/20 03:53 AM

We have decided to harvest another kudu due to the request we have received. I am looking to harvest a 56-60” bull that’s an absolute spectacular bull
Posted By: Blank

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/16/20 04:30 AM

Kudu are impressive trophies, and the meat is definitely an added benefit, as they are fabulous to eat. I have been blessed to take many in Namibia and RSA, and love every one of them, but I was able to take the time to go over. The wild ones range from 50" to 58" too. For someone on a limited time frame. who really wants to experience African animal hunting, a Texas exotic hunt can make sense too..
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/16/20 01:36 PM

Hunted kudu in RSA for a week and never got a shot, just glimpses. Guide told me they are called the Grey Ghost of Africa. Yep.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/16/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Hunted kudu in RSA for a week and never got a shot, just glimpses. Guide told me they are called the Grey Ghost of Africa. Yep.

Grey ghost indeed!

I believe my Kudu will be 62-64” I got a much better look today up close and he is an absolute GIANT

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/16/20 11:17 PM

Grey ghost indeed!

I believe my Kudu will be 62-64” I got a much better look today up close and he is an absolute GIANT

Man, would love to see some pics of that monster!!!!

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/17/20 01:58 AM

👍

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/17/20 02:52 AM

Grey ghost indeed!

Man, would love to see some pics of that monster!!!!

He has sold to a private party so pictures have been pulled
Posted By: Exiled

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/17/20 05:02 PM

Wow, what a stud kudu!

I'm a rabid capitalist. No heartache or envy here for the lucky hunter, great for him that he can afford a trophy like this without going to Africa, and kudos to the ranch that was able to get a notoriously finicky species of antelope to this size here in Texas. Personally, I've dreamed of going to Africa since I read Selous's "A Hunter's Wanderings in Africa" and plan to make it out there in the next few years, to hunt plains game. I want to ride around in a Land Cruiser and experience the African veldt and eat the tenderloins from every animal I shoot. See the sunsets, experience intense spot & stalk and see real trackers in action. But I'm insanely busy myself and I know that for some people, there's just not enough time available for a trip of that length.

Re: Monster Kudu - 12/28/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Exiled
Wow, what a stud kudu!

I'm a rabid capitalist. No heartache or envy here for the lucky hunter, great for him that he can afford a trophy like this without going to Africa, and kudos to the ranch that was able to get a notoriously finicky species of antelope to this size here in Texas. Personally, I've dreamed of going to Africa since I read Selous's "A Hunter's Wanderings in Africa" and plan to make it out there in the next few years, to hunt plains game. I want to ride around in a Land Cruiser and experience the African veldt and eat the tenderloins from every animal I shoot. See the sunsets, experience intense spot & stalk and see real trackers in action. But I'm insanely busy myself and I know that for some people, there's just not enough time available for a trip of that length.

cheers
Posted By: Stykes

Re: Monster Kudu - 01/09/21 07:42 PM

Fantastic Kudu!

Re: Monster Kudu - 01/09/21 09:49 PM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Texanfan

Re: Monster Kudu - 01/31/21 06:25 PM

Might the most beautiful animal on earth!

Re: Monster Kudu - 02/01/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Texanfan
Might the most beautiful animal on earth!

One of the top 10 for sure
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum