Texas Hunting Forum

Processing East TX

Posted By: DoubleDrop32

Processing East TX - 08/06/20 02:50 AM

My buddies and I are Going on an exotic hunt 30 min south of Tyler in about a month. We are probably going to put 5-8 animals on the ground. Any recommendations on where to take the meat around this area? As well as taxidermist
Axis, stag, elk are the main game we are going after.
TIA!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Processing East TX - 08/06/20 03:33 PM

I live in the Tyler area, but process my own so I cant help you there. Just curious, where are you hunting 30 Min south of Tyler?

All my taxidermy done in Fort Worth at Alpine Taxidermy. I am sure there are some good ones in the Tyler area, but I have not found them.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Processing East TX - 08/07/20 01:06 AM

There is a place in Athens that processes game. I always cut my own so I can't say how good they are but they have a sign. They are just before you get to the Walmart in Athens if you are coming down 31 from Tyler.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Processing East TX - 08/08/20 02:04 AM

The place in Athens does very good work and will be pretty close to you

Re: Processing East TX - 08/08/20 11:51 AM

A co worker of mine knows a guy who owns some land out there. From what I understand, the place isn’t open to book hunts. I think the will be in the future. When I find out more details I will let you know

Thanks for the info. I’ll check out the place in Athens.
Posted By: Jerry Fisk

Re: Processing East TX - 08/09/20 10:57 PM

I use the place in Detroit TX. Excellent service.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Processing East TX - 08/09/20 11:40 PM

I'm in Tyler and I've been using Patrick Fuller and Circle M meat processing for a couple years now.

https://www.facebook.com/circlemmeats/

12935 County Road 384
Tyler Texas

(903) 539-3923
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Processing East TX - 08/10/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Erny
I live in the Tyler area, but process my own so I cant help you there. Just curious, where are you hunting 30 Min south of Tyler?

All my taxidermy done in Fort Worth at Alpine Taxidermy. I am sure there are some good ones in the Tyler area, but I have not found them.

Check out Sportsman's Memory in Grapeland. They're absolutely world class and can do African game just as well as they do North American. I've used Alpine before and they do solid work, but I feel like Sportsman's is a step above.

Re: Processing East TX - 08/13/20 02:28 AM

Appreciate the input!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum