Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization

Posted By: Jeff in TX

Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 03:38 AM

Has anyone hunted with West Texas Hunt Organization? Looking to do a Axis and Black Buck hunt with them would like to hear from any former clients on their experiences.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 04:16 AM

Do a search and you’ll find Mulie Mike and his WTHO come highly recommended. While I have not hunted either of the two game species you are after I did hunt Aoudad with him. IMO, he is the best in the business for Aoudad. I would highly recommend him based on that alone and my experience with them. Many people on this forum have done the axis and black buck hunts he offers and have had great success. They kill some dandy axis I know. You should get a lot of feedback but also try doing a search and you’ll find similar posts regarding this very topic. Good luck. I personally would highly recommend them.
Posted By: Displaced Texan

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 05:54 AM

Me and my grandson went on an Axis hunt booked with Mike McKenney, West Texas Hunting.
We both killed nice bucks. We were very pleased with everything, our guides were outstanding.
I highly recommend them!!!
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 02:51 PM

Hunted with WTHO in January of this year on a property in Sonora. Were three of us hunting Axis does. Great property, plenty of animals, and a great guide. We are planning on booking another hunt with Mike early next year if that tells you anything.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 03:43 PM

I would just PM Mulie Mike and ask him directly. He seems to be a really good guy.
Posted By: JTS

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 04:37 PM

Mike is a stand up guy. I hunted with him and he delivered what was discussed.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 05:40 PM

heard nothing but great things about them.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 06:42 PM

Mike puts on a good hunt. I've hunted Aoudad and Axis with him.
Posted By: Co-walkabout

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 07:33 PM

Took my son on his first exotic hunt through Mike and WTHO. We had a great time, saw plenty of animals and were able to harvest two exotics on the first day. Would go with mike anytime! My son Evan got the cover page of this website for a month with his ram. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jeff in TX

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone, we've been talking with Mike. Since I've never hunted with him, I thought I'd check.

I'd say our two hunts are good to go!
Posted By: Co-walkabout

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/20/19 09:01 PM

Always good policy to check them out before sending money. Please give us a post about your hunt after you get back!
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/21/19 01:23 AM

Yep...had a good time this summer on an axis doe hunt he and his guides were great the food was great and I will do it again.
Posted By: Halfmann

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/21/19 03:58 PM

Mike is good people,. And runs a quality hunt. I've been axis hunting with him four times and aoudad is on the list for one day.
Posted By: Halfmann

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/21/19 03:59 PM

Mike is good people,. And runs a quality hunt. I've been axis hunting with him four times and aoudad is on the list for one day.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/24/19 09:59 PM

Here is a few exotics I shot with WTHO [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://[/img]
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/25/19 11:47 PM

Only hunt I’ve done is an Barbery Sheep and would rate it as a great hunt. The place we hunted was definitely no frills but the animals were plenty and the guide was very good and put us on animals.
I would hunt with them again anytime.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 11/29/19 04:32 PM

All these taken with Mike and his guides- good folks and good experiences

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Adam Cook

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 12/22/19 03:01 AM

I booked a javelina hunt with Mike and WTHO back in December of 2014. Since that I trip I've hunted axis, aoudad, blackbuck, whitetail, and predators with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great hunting experience. .
Posted By: GT - HUNTER

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 01/03/20 06:32 AM

I hunted my first aoudad ram with Mike in 2009, and gone back to him extensively
He is honest, a great hunter and a man of his word...he has many great places to hunt and will deal you the right card for you, talk to him he will set you up
Posted By: Redneck78

Re: Looking for reviews on West Texas Hunt Organization - 01/03/20 12:54 PM

You will not be disappointed. His group will do whatever it takes for you to be successful. Lots of good times on his hunts.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum