Texas Hunting Forum

Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck

Posted By: mulie_mike

Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/21/19 03:42 PM

Our client hit this big buck right before dark yesterday a little far back and bumped him while tracking. Pulled out so he wasnt pushed any farther and picked up the trail at first light this morning. One well placed shot to finish him off and this big boy is headed back north. Just shy of 34 inches and good mass. Another successful hunt! If your interested in a big axis contact us and we can take care of you along with a variety of other species we offer. Happy Hunting
[Linked Image]

Yesterday morning we scored on another nice free range axis and a solid Texas Dall. Still more hunters out in the field and it's going to be a great weekend!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/24/19 01:02 PM

Anyone who says they never miss is a liar. And anyone who says they've never wounded anything hasn't been hunting much. The guide made the right call.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/24/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Anyone who says they never miss is a liar. And anyone who says they've never wounded anything hasn't been hunting much. The guide made the right call.

yup. This is real life and not everything goes exactly according to plan every single time.
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/25/19 02:44 PM

There always not DRT, and better yet, this was a paid hunt I'm sure was not cheap. So to say that they didn't make the right decision is awry, when the main goal was achieved. Would want to push an expensive animal over a property line!
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/26/19 06:12 PM

up
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/26/19 09:16 PM

All I can say is if a hunter claims they have never made a bad shot, they haven't hunted very much.
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Gold Medal Axis Nice Dall & Wide Buck - 06/27/19 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
All I can say is if a hunter claims they have never made a bad shot, they haven't hunted very much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum