Texas Hunting Forum

Pere David or Barasingha specials?

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 12:41 PM

Does anyone have, or know of, any specials this year on Barasingha or Pere David bulls?
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 01:19 PM

The Morani River Ranch claims they have them. http://www.moraniriver.com/texas-hunting/texas-exotic-hunts

Not sure if they actively have them or just buy them and turn them out.

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
The Morani River Ranch claims they have them. http://www.moraniriver.com/texas-hunting/texas-exotic-hunts

Not sure if they actively have them or just buy them and turn them out.

I've heard countless great things about Morani....but I'm afraid they are way out of my price range.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 02:05 PM

What kind of hunt are you looking to do? Sit in a blind? spot and stalk? Where are you willing to travel?

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
What kind of hunt are you looking to do? Sit in a blind? spot and stalk? Where are you willing to travel?

Just about anywhere in Texas is fine. Both of these species average $4,500-$6,000 each....so I'm just feeling out the market to see if there are any ranches that are offering them for a lower price this year.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 04:04 PM

I saw two very nice Barasinga bulls last summer at the Priour Ranch. Check their website as they run specials from time to time. Good Luck!

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/04/19 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I saw two very nice Barasinga bulls last summer at the Priour Ranch. Check their website as they run specials from time to time. Good Luck!

Thanks!
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/08/19 02:24 PM

Double Arrow Bow Hunting has had Barasingha in the past. I was there a year ago and Curtis still had some.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/08/19 03:55 PM

Galloway Ranch down by Pearsall used to have Barasingha. I hunted there a couple of times with Greg Rodriguez of Mombasa Trading before he got murdered. Don't know if they still do hunting trips down that way. May be worth your time to check into it.
Posted By: JABHunting

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/09/19 12:47 AM

I will be doing a mixed hunt the last week of May. I have Barasingha with permits for $2750. That's the only time I will do a hunt for them on that property. It is a little early for them at that time. July is prime and I can put you on a different place for the same price or a little less. Bulls of your choice.

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/12/19 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by QMC(SW/EXW)
Galloway Ranch down by Pearsall used to have Barasingha. I hunted there a couple of times with Greg Rodriguez of Mombasa Trading before he got murdered. Don't know if they still do hunting trips down that way. May be worth your time to check into it.

The Galloway Ranch in Pearsall was sold a few years back (I believe after Mr. Galloway passed away) and was renamed Laguna Vista Ranch. I hunted the ranch in 2016 and had a truly awesome experience! (shot a nice Red Lechwe and Blackbuck)
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/13/19 01:26 AM

Saw some monster Pere David headed south from Kerrville toward Bandera dont know the name of the ranch.
Posted By: JABHunting

Re: Pere David or Barasingha specials? - 03/13/19 07:14 PM

I have Pere David but they are not hard-horned yet.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum