Texas Hunting Forum

Great hunt, BUT

Posted By: okiehuntr

Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 12:43 AM

I just returned from a successful hunt with a well known outfitter, I was extremely happy with the guides, lodging and meals, BUT as a seasoned hunter I've gotta
say I hate this day and age where texting is more important than conversation. Three guides and the owner spent ALL their time texting and would NOT communicate, only a grunt here and there. I'm not a needy person and really only text sparingly but was put in an extremely awkward situation so I just went to bed at 8pm.
I guess gone are the days of good old BS, I would like to think i'm not that boring of a person, but basically being ignored is RUDE!
okiehuntr
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 01:09 AM

Sure wouldn't have that problem around us, we love Old school BS! Next time you're close to Junction give us a call.
DC
northmillranch.com flag
Posted By: Erny

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 02:49 AM

Who was the outfitter? It’s becoming a huge problem everywhere! I was on a hunt in Namibia. Every time the Guide would get a signal, he would stop and text and talk to his buddies. I told him he needed to Worry about his current client and not his dating/drinking life. He was pissed the entire rest of the hunt.

On another hunt, this time in South Africa my Guide was very professional and never answered the phone during the hunt. Needless to say next time I head over to Africa I will be hunting with the one that didn’t worry about his phone.

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 04:04 AM

Not going to out the outfitter, but really is a concern to the paying consumer, just an outright rude behavior toward the paying hunter, and the sad thing is they did not realize doing anything wrong.
okiehuntr

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by DavidC.
Sure wouldn't have that problem around us, we love Old school BS! Next time you're close to Junction give us a call.
DC
northmillranch.com flag

WILL DO, THANKS,
okiehuntr

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 04:15 AM

I just feel like we are doing the owners/guide a favor by showing up, less than an obligatory, here to serve your needs, guess I'm expecting too much.
AND they want 20% gratuity.
GO FIGURE
okiehuntr
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 05:46 AM

You should really post the outfit... I for one am tired of fake reviews and folks not sharing their true experiences. These guides or outfitters will continue to fool people and make money unless honest reviews are posted.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 02:37 PM

i totally agree with this post, and it happens everywhere now. verbal conversation in person is becoming a lost thing.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 03:08 PM

I haven't had that happen on a hunt, but it did happen on quite a few dates that I went on when I was single.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by el_cazador713
You should really post the outfit... I for one am tired of fake reviews and folks not sharing their true experiences. These guides or outfitters will continue to fool people and make money unless honest reviews are posted.

I agree. If you don’t call them out they will not change the behavior.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 05:18 PM

I agree. The only way to get an outfitter to change is to shed light on a problem. You can help another paying hunter avoid an undesirable experience like you had.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike

I agree. The only way to get an outfitter to change is to shed light on a problem. You can help another paying hunter avoid an undesirable experience like you had.

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 09:47 PM

Not going to " out " the outfitter, good people, just rude behavior, got an email from a member on the forum guess correctly the outfitter, so I will not take it personally, guess they treat everyone that way.
okiehuntr

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/06/19 09:52 PM

Calling me a lier? Giving a dishonest review?
UP YOURS el cazador713
okiehuntr
soap
Posted By: breadman

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/07/19 02:29 AM

soooo what`ca kill ?? post a pic !!!
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/07/19 02:38 AM

I never said you did either of those things... I was simply saying to share who it was as it is honest feedback in this particular experience.....some may greatly benefit or avoid hunting with an outfitter if this is not something they desire to happen ( that is texting, etc.)
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/07/19 02:54 AM

Same thing happened to me this year (2018) . I posted it here. I had some PM me and I gave them a reference and review.......a.bad one.

I'm planning my 2019 father Daughter Hunt now, trying to do my due diligence and ask questions and ask for references.

I'll drop 5 bills and its got to be perfect. I'm not rich, I can only afford one "big" hunt a year.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/09/19 01:28 AM

If you weren't going to name them, this was a useless post.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/09/19 03:17 AM

post the so called outfitter, don't let another thf member get f-----
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/09/19 03:28 AM

book your next hunt with Mulie Mike, you will see what a pro outfitter does for his clients.

Re: Great hunt, BUT - 02/09/19 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by RANGERRONG
post the so called outfitter, don't let another thf member get f-----

Get a couple more years and posts on the forum D--- Head before you make anymore ignoramus posts, how immature, rude and ignorant you are!!!!!!
I'm sure the outfitter, and others got the message with my post, not to be a sissy tattletale like you wish.
A mature person would PM me asking who the outfitter is, not get vulger as you have chosen,GROW UP RANGERRONG!!
okiehuntr
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum