Texas Hunting Forum

Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!!

Posted By: PBGSO

Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/19/18 07:27 PM

Congratulations to our hunter and friend Mr. Baker for taking this amazing free range Axis Buck!! We have many more big Axis to take for $2,750 all inclusive and pigs come free so don't wait book now and let us earn your business!! www.huntsintexas.com

Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/19/18 08:53 PM

CONGRATS TO BEV on that one! laugh
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/19/18 10:21 PM

Wow! Fantastic. I can see how a guy could get hooked on this Axis hunting thing.
Posted By: miked1

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/20/18 06:31 PM

Beautiful axis. How old would this animal be, out of curiosity.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/20/18 11:50 PM

Beautiful buck!
Congrats to him!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/21/18 12:38 AM

Thanks guys, I've got lots of photos from the hunt but I can't get them posted because of their size!
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/24/18 11:38 PM

up
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/24/18 11:40 PM

Hell of a buck Baker.
Posted By: Jeffpg

Re: Amazing free Axis Buck taken yesterday!!! - 06/29/18 09:34 AM

That is a very good buck for your client Clay!

Axis hunting is about as addictive in my opinion as any I've done, even when compared to Africa. Mature bucks are regal and elusive animals, they vocalize through their roaring which makes the hunt more fun and engaging, they are plentiful and huntable year round in a large area of the great state of Texas, they are one of the prettiest critters you'll ever hunt, and the meat is top notch eating... there's just a lot to like about chasin' them!

I have hunted them a whole lot since going after them for a few days with Clay and the PBGSO crew several years ago, and they've become my favorite animal to hunt east of the Rockies. I'm no expert but I try to learn as much as I can about them, and I have come to believe that they can be "guessed at" on about the same level with whitetails. My uneducated guess is this buck is probably 6 or 7 years old, possibly more. That is definitely just a guess though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum