Texas Hunting Forum

New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides?

Posted By: triggerbowtx

New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/24/18 06:42 PM

Hi,

Anyone have any great references for New Mexico Elk Hunts? Would prefer private land. Would love to go this year but it might be too late to book with the good outfitters? I would prefer bow but will consider rifle as well. Please let me know. Thanks.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/24/18 06:51 PM

You are going to be limited to who ever has landowner vouchers.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/25/18 01:19 AM

Gila and Apache Outfitters, Vouchers wont be cheap for those units.

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/26/18 02:21 PM

What would you expect vouchers to cost for those units?
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/26/18 02:23 PM

They were between 5500-6500 last fall. I've seen a few for 5k but they don't last long. This is for a unit wide voucher!

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/26/18 09:39 PM

So, if "Gila and Apache Outfitters" quotes their guided hunt at $5K. Is it an additional $6K for the voucher?
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: New Mexico Elk Hunt - oufitters? Guides? - 04/28/18 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: triggerbowtx
So, if "Gila and Apache Outfitters" quotes their guided hunt at $5K. Is it an additional $6K for the voucher?

Basically but you need to call Michael he may work you a deal since your paying so much for the voucher, i bought one 2 years ago for 5k for unit 15 muzzleloader but heard of other guys selling them for 7500, he sells them directly.for the landowners price and doesnt mark them up like some outfitters, The Gila and the Lincoln units will be the highest vouchers but your gonna see much better quality bulls then areas like Chama.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum