Texas Hunting Forum

Anywhere near Midland?

Posted By: Riggsy

Anywhere near Midland? - 01/21/18 01:05 PM

Fairly new to Texas and I have a few animals I have added to my bucket list. I read the forum topics and enjoy it but get a lil frustrated because I do not know Texas and I spend most of my time on google maps. So I'm just going to put it out there. I would like to harvest the following for my taxidermy collection

1. Audad
2. Axis buck
3. Javelina (for the skull)
4. Large boar hog (for the skull)

Is anybody in or near Midland within a few hours to where I could possibly get an opportunity at one of these? I am full time working and a full-time college student, not being lazy I was just hoping not to travel to far due to time restraints. I have some time next weekend to possibly make something happen.

Side note I am not familiar with all Texas exotics, I would possibly be open to suggestions.

Thank You in advance
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Anywhere near Midland? - 01/21/18 02:13 PM

All of those are within a 2 hour drive of Midland. Access to private ground will be the problem if you attempt to do it yourself.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Anywhere near Midland? - 01/21/18 03:17 PM

PM Mulie Mike on here. He has access to all 4 animals you listed and is located within your driving distance. Aoudad might require a bit of a wait though as he is well known for some of the best free range trophy aoudad hunting in all of Texas, so there is a wait list but openings do pop up from time to time.
Posted By: Codfish

Re: Anywhere near Midland? - 01/21/18 03:19 PM

I live in Midland and have all of those except Javelina on our ranch on Bronte. It’s 2 hours from Midland.
Posted By: Riggsy

Re: Anywhere near Midland? - 01/21/18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Codfish
I live in Midland and have all of those except Javelina on our ranch on Bronte. It’s 2 hours from Midland.

Emailed you for information
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum