Texas Hunting Forum

Blackbuck to hunt.

Posted By: don k

Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/16/18 06:13 PM

A very good looking Blackbuck to hunt near Bandera, Tx. Price is $2100. A $100 non refundable down payment is required to hold the hunt. Call Dave at 830-796-8018
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/17/18 05:11 AM

That is an awesome blackbuck
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/19/18 12:24 AM

He should make somebody happy. Nice looking blackbuck

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/19/18 12:38 AM

A picture I took today of him. This was from about 200yds.
Posted By: majekman

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/20/18 02:00 AM

Curious Don...how many inches you think that BB is? And also how many inches is considered a "trophy" on those critters? Thanks
And btw...thats an awesome looking animal

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/20/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: majekman
Curious Don...how many inches you think that BB is? And also how many inches is considered a "trophy" on those critters? Thanks
And btw...thats an awesome looking animal
I am not the best in the world at judging BB, but I believe he is around 20". I also showed him to a game trapper and he thought about the same. Trophies are in the heart of the person who takes an animal no mater how large or small. Most hunters like to get at least an 18" BB. Around here at least BB are not the fastest horn growing animal. I have a male that is pushing 5 years old and I don't think he will break 18" now.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/21/18 10:10 PM

That's a fine looking buck Don. Great camera work as well sir! up

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/22/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
You find you a place yet Roland?

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/22/18 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: don k

Haven't been able to look Don. My MIL in San Angelo is ill and we have been spending lots of time seeing after her and my FIL.

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/22/18 01:14 PM

Haven't been able to look Don. My MIL in San Angelo is ill and we have been spending lots of time seeing after her and my FIL.
Sorry to hear that Roland. Hope she gets better. I always liked the area around San Angelo. My Son went to College there. Back when we had a Guide Service we took hunters there for Quail and WT. Some really good Bucks come from around that area and those were the days before protein feeding.

Re: Blackbuck to hunt. - 01/22/18 01:43 PM

Sorry to hear that Roland. Hope she gets better. I always liked the area around San Angelo. My Son went to College there. Back when we had a Guide Service we took hunters there for Quail and WT. Some really good Bucks come from around that area and those were the days before protein feeding.

That's very true Don, the WT genetics around the San Angelo area (especially west and northwest) are very solid. There are a lot more deer there than when I was a kid though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum