Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for recommendations

Posted By: the lab

Looking for recommendations - 10/03/17 10:03 PM

I have a good friend and hunting partner that is starting to look at a hunt for next year (likely around this time of year). We are looking to take 2 animals. He is pretty set on a gemsbok. I am torn between a gemsbok or Eland. Here are the specifics, we want to see several trophy class animals, not be on a ranch with 1 or 2 of each species. We would require comfortable lodging as we will likely have our wives with us. Meals are a plus but not a deal breaker by any stretch. Thank you in advance for your time
Posted By: Pierce Trophy Hunts

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/03/17 10:46 PM

How about a Nilgai Bull Hunt? We could also do Oryx or Water Buck but those are very limited. Very unique situation where we have these animals under low fence and an extremely large number of all of them. Very comfortable lodging with great meals, full staff, etc. Please let me know if interested, would love to help.
www.piercetrophyhunts.com
Posted By: WLR Hunter

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/04/17 12:47 PM

We invite you to consider us - we are located in Earth County close to Dublin on almost 5,000 acres. We have large self sustaining herds of both gemsbok and eland in addition to all our other exotics. We work very hard to bring the innate beauty of the African antelope to the Texan hunter in as natural a setting as is possible to achieve on a large high fenced reserve. Our lodge is beautiful - only three bedrooms so your party would have full run of it.

Here are a few recent trophies. We hope you will check us out!

Posted By: Zlsafari

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/09/17 04:40 AM

Morning

I have send you a Pm.

Regards
www.zlsafari.com
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/11/17 04:41 PM

Personally, I think you could do no better than Wendy Lou Reserve. I have not hunted there....but I have visited their property and it is in a class of its own when it comes to large self-sustaining herds of African game here in Texas. There are very few places that could compare.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/11/17 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
Personally, I think you could do no better than Wendy Lou Reserve. I have not hunted there....but I have visited their property and it is in a class of its own when it comes to large self-sustaining herds of African game here in Texas. There are very few places that could compare.

Agreed. Hard to beat the Wendy Lou.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/11/17 08:55 PM

Wendy Lou is the spot. Mike will take good care of you. Beautiful ranch. Beautiful animals. Great accommodations.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/11/17 10:02 PM

The eland in that picture is really a nice one.
Posted By: RAM Outdoor

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/12/17 09:13 PM

another for Wendy Lou, I've been there twice and cant wait to return!!! Mike & family are the best as are animals on the ranch..
Posted By: WLR Hunter

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/15/17 11:49 PM

We surely appreciate all the kind words - thank you. We believe the Wendy Lou is a special place and we get a good kick out of sharing it with you fine folks!
Posted By: PBGSO

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/16/17 05:40 PM

Pm sent hope to earn your business!!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Looking for recommendations - 10/16/17 07:11 PM

Just throwing it out there..... Have you considered going to South Africa or Namibia?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum