Texas Hunting Forum

look at this hunting add

Posted By: txhunter1010

look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 05:51 PM

https://waco.craigslist.org/grd/d/axis-night-hunt-year-round/6304662938.html

is it legal to hunt Axis at night?!! I wouldn't want to...
Posted By: JCB

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 05:55 PM

Plenty legal since its considered an exotic.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 05:57 PM

Looks like they have plenty of rats also
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 06:00 PM

Guess not.

There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons on exotic animals or fowl on private property. It is against the law to:
•Hunt an exotic without a valid hunting license.
•Hunt an exotic on a public road or right-of-way.
•Hunt an exotic without the landowner's permission.
•Possess an exotic or the carcass of an exotic without the owner's consent.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 06:40 PM

well I wouldn't want to hunt one at night personally.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 07:34 PM

Yes you can hunt an exotic any time of day, and day of the year, and my any legal means.. even with an air rifle if you wanted to. They fall under the same regulations as feral hogs, except you have to posses a hunting licence. Out of state people can purchase an exotic license and not have to purchase a hunting licence.

Tracking exotics, especially axis, at night is actually pretty fun. Axis are very active at night and the whistle to each other all night.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/14/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
Yes you can hunt an exotic any time of day, and day of the year, and my any legal means.. even with an air rifle if you wanted to. They fall under the same regulations as feral hogs, except you have to posses a hunting licence. Out of state people can purchase an exotic license and not have to purchase a hunting licence.

Tracking exotics, especially axis, at night is actually pretty fun. Axis are very active at night and the whistle to each other all night.

Are you telling the OP that he doesn't need a hunting license to hunt feral hogs?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/15/17 12:18 AM

There are stipulations for hog hunting and license requirements.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/hunting-licenses-and-permits

Quote:
Exceptions
A hunting license is not required to hunt the following:
Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals or fowl.
Depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner's agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land.

Notice that is for only for Landowners, landowners agent or lessee. Not for visiting hunter or paying hunter.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/15/17 12:21 PM

You need a license to hunt hogs if it is for recreational purposes. If you are hunting hogs due to them destroying privet property no licence is needed - I should have been more clear in my response
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/15/17 01:27 PM

You need a license to hunt hogs if it is for recreational purposes. If you are hunting hogs due to them destroying privet property no licence is needed - I should have been more clear in my response

Do you need some sort of depredation permit to do this as a land owner? I shoot hogs on my land all the time and I have a hunting license because I also like to hunt deer on my land, so I'm more curious about this then anything else.

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/15/17 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker

Do you need some sort of depredation permit to do this as a land owner? I shoot hogs on my land all the time and I have a hunting license because I also like to hunt deer on my land, so I'm more curious about this then anything else.

As the land owner you need a license for Deer (tags) but for hogs no if hogs destroy property which they tend to do. It is still up to interpretation though. So if you have a license for deer you are covered for hogs.

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/15/17 02:21 PM

True but only if you Fit this description:

"Depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner's agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land."

We had this discussion with the GW in a Hunter Education Instructor course.

What it boiled down to is if you are the land owner, agent or lessee on the place no license is required if those are not the case better have a license.

Bottom line if you have a license there is no question if hog hunting is legal on private property in Texas.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/16/17 03:00 AM

Just get the license. It's not worth the hassle or a ticket and it's affordable.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/16/17 02:10 PM

What if a friend is visiting that does not have a license and we are out driving the fence line and we come across some hogs tearing up my pasture. Can I let my friend without a license shoot the hogs on my land, while they are causing damage, as the land owner?
Posted By: Duck_or_bleed

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/16/17 05:20 PM

That add is a scam I have had many people complain about that person/add it's a scam they want money up front then nothing happens and they are like 10 acres or something like that man
Posted By: rogerh

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/23/17 12:46 AM

Looks like some whitetail in those pics also
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/23/17 01:04 AM

2 acres.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/23/17 05:10 PM

mad mad mad
Posted By: ilik2hunt

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/23/17 08:44 PM

I flag his ad ,he has been scamming for a long time
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/26/17 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Savoy
2 acres.

I remember this guy now. Wasn't there a big kerfuffle here last year when a couple hunters finally figure dut they were on 2 acres, hunting from a barn, with neighbors in every direction?

Hunting or shooting on 2 acres is pathetic.
Posted By: ilik2hunt

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/26/17 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
Originally Posted By: Mike Savoy
2 acres.

I remember this guy now. Wasn't there a big kerfuffle here last year when a couple hunters finally figure dut they were on 2 acres, hunting from a barn, with neighbors in every direction?

Hunting or shooting on 2 acres is pathetic.

Yes that's him
Posted By: kk66

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/28/17 05:35 PM

I don't know that posting photos of that many rats that big is a big selling point....
Posted By: RockDocJoe

Re: look at this hunting add - 09/28/17 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: kk66
I don't know that posting photos of that many rats that big is a big selling point....

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum