Texas Hunting Forum

Nilgai bull

Posted By: Mas Cabeza

Nilgai bull - 03/21/17 05:57 PM

I know this is beating a dead horse but I'm tired of searching. I looked through 30 pages of old posts and there's not a whole lot to go by. I have a nilgai bull in my freezer from a recent hunt. Looking for some opinions from you guys that have had a nilgai mounted. I live up around Fort Worth so I am assuming it isn't the most common animal brought in for mounting. I have a taxi in mind that I'm thinking about taking it to, but I wanted to get some last min recommendations and possibly some photos of your nilgai. Thanks guys and gals, all help appreciated
Posted By: turkeykillet

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/21/17 06:47 PM

I had the same problem a couple months ago. I finally settled on a euro and a rug for my dead room. It was a cheaper option and will take up less wall space.
Posted By: btpatriot

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/21/17 07:22 PM

Not the best pictures but this is one of my favorite mounts. I had it done by Wesley Toten 254-749-1690 he is outside of Waco. I know he has done at least a dozen Nilgai because I sent them to him. He is a super nice guy and has reasonable prices.

Posted By: Erny

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/21/17 08:13 PM

I had my Nilgai euro mounted, as it was a very light colored bull. But I have used Alpine Taxidermy for all my shoulder mounts. I have seen his Nilgai and would not hesitate to have him mount the next one I get.
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/21/17 09:09 PM

Mine isn't back yet to post pics but I think the wall pedestals look the best
Posted By: Sevens

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/22/17 12:54 AM

No Nilgai, but I have been very happy with the work out of Ronnie William's studio, A&R Taxidermy, in Lewisville. Always has a ton of African game in his shop, would imagine a Nilgai would be no problem.

He is a little on a the slow side, but I think the old addage of "cheap, good, quick - pick two" applies.
Posted By: mseanw

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/22/17 04:53 PM

I have 4 bulls...2 still at taxidermist in Corpus but back soon.
Have one standard front facting and one wall pedestal.
I agree wall pedestal only way to show these wonderful animals.
My 2 that will be back soon are both wall pedestals.
Will try to get a pic up.
mark

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/22/17 05:20 PM

Posted By: the lab

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/23/17 06:45 AM

I seen this mount when I picked up my pedestal (a scimitar horned oryx) from King Trophy Pedestals and in my opinion,1st nilgai were MADE for pedestal mount and 2nd these lighted pedestals are AMAZING!
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/23/17 10:40 AM

God's Creations Taxidermy in Cresson, just south of Benbrook. Fabulous work!
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/23/17 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: btpatriot
Not the best pictures but this is one of my favorite mounts. I had it done by Wesley Toten 254-749-1690 he is outside of Waco. I know he has done at least a dozen Nilgai because I sent them to him. He is a super nice guy and has reasonable prices.

What a stud! Great bull...
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/23/17 07:46 PM

The one bull I mounted I had done face on....if I had it to do again I'd do what BTPatriot did

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/24/17 04:46 PM

If a small bull, only option is standard front facing...I have one of those too.
Would be alot of work to cut down other forms to work, but may be possible?
Like up to about 4-5" horns.
Posted By: BrotherD

Re: Nilgai bull - 03/31/17 11:00 PM

I second Alpine Taxidermy. Go with the wall pedestal mount.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Nilgai bull - 04/01/17 12:14 AM

cheers texas
Posted By: redmist1

Re: Nilgai bull - 04/01/17 04:54 PM

I would definitely get him mounted ,that is one damn nice Bulls,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum