Texas Hunting Forum

Red Deer Hind hunts

Posted By: shadams

Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/11/16 10:41 PM

Have 4 Hind hunts ready to go. The hunt would consist of you showing up to my ranch (located in the hill country, bandera area) and hopping in the ranch truck. We would drive out and spot the animal, you shoot it, you field dress it on sight or at the cleaning station, you load it into your vehicle (ice machine available) and you would have some meat for your fridge. The hunt will last as long as it takes to do the deed, (not past dark) and the animals are in a 400 acre high fence, but are usually easy to find. Could be as short as an hour from the time you arrive. You are responsible for your own food/drink etc. Would like to have a party of no more than two people. Only avail on weekends but would need to be scheduled at least 1 week in advance and could do either Sat or Sun weather permitting until animals are taken. Price is $600 per animal. No charge if for some reason you dont get one, but if blood is drawn the fee applies.

Taking vacation 1st week of deer season so I can do hunts during the week either 11/7, 11/8 or 11/11.

Before and after that weekend dates only until 4 animals are sold. Unavailable 10/29 and 10/30 due to family function at ranch.

PM me with details and contact number or text me at 210-823-1295, first come first serve obviously.

This is a bare bones no frills hunt. Just trying to raise a couple bucks for the ranch fund. Thanks and Hope to see you soon!

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/11/16 10:48 PM

Posted By: passthru

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/11/16 10:50 PM

Took one of his hinds last year. About to have it eaten all up. You will have a shot opportunity. Nice folks as well.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/11/16 10:51 PM

Also have a mouflan hunt avail....this thing is a beast....

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6147196/Mouflan_Ram_Hunt#Post6147196

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Took one of his hinds last year. About to have it eaten all up. You will have a shot opportunity. Nice folks as well.

Thanks bud..
Posted By: AmerMirza

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 01:22 PM

How is the meat on the Red Hinds compared to Axis or Nilgai? out of curiousity. Thanks.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: AmerMirza
How is the meat on the Red Hinds compared to Axis or Nilgai? out of curiousity. Thanks.

To me, not quite as good as axis, but better than nilgai

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 03:12 PM

Thats like asking do you like blondes or brunettes. I dont care for axis but love whitetail. I always heard the opposite. Only way to find out is to eat it!! Come on down!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: shadams
Thats like asking do you like blondes or brunettes. I dont care for axis but love whitetail. I always heard the opposite. Only way to find out is to eat it!! Come on down!
WHUT?!

Red deer, elk, and axis are too good to tell apart. Nilgai is less than them, @AmerMirza

Good deal, wish I wasn't broke. smile
Posted By: okiehuntr

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 07:15 PM

I'd take red hinds over Axis, but thats just the okie in me.
okiehuntr food

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 07:33 PM

Yea I suspect my axis just wasnt processed properly. Maybe added to much of something or not enough. I havent had the opp to shoot another yet..
Posted By: AmerMirza

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 08:12 PM

How big are your full sized Red Hinds. I am kind of convinced to try Red Deer. Nilgai has been my favorite. If it turns out better than Nilgai, then I might come again and take some more. smile

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 09:48 PM

Passthru was the only guy I heard back from on weight. They were quite a bit bigger than a white tail doe, If I remember right he got 125 lbs out of it...or maybe that was the field dressed weight. Maybe he'll chime in. There are some bigger ones then the one he got too, when he was out they were all bunched up around a hay pile and he had to pick an outsider as to not hit more than one...
Posted By: passthru

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/12/16 11:37 PM

And I wanted to arrow punch mine. A rifle shooter, further back may have an easier time. 125 dressed. And she wasn't the largest of the bunch but not bad sized either.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 10/18/16 03:14 PM

Bump...this thing on?

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 11/01/16 10:03 PM

Got 1 and possibly 2 hunts scheduled for mid December. Have two possibly three left. Come on down!

Ill be out there this weekend 11/5-11/8 if anyone wants to come out.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 12/15/16 11:37 PM

Price drop to $500 a piece, no other fee's. Avail this weekend 12/17 I can also do fri 12/23... after that I can do Monday 1/2 and then any weekend in Jan on. Thanks!

See top post for more info.
Posted By: mason15

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 12/22/16 07:33 PM

Do you still have some hinds available for next month?

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 12/23/16 05:34 PM

Yes sir..see pm

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/04/17 06:16 PM

Come on guys....new year...do it...can offer lodging if needed for cheap.
Posted By: Bigmoe

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/06/17 12:16 AM

I tried sending you a PM about setting up a hunt.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/06/17 02:26 PM

Got it, sorry been busy as hell here at work. Replied.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/07/17 04:09 PM

Hind down!! Thanks Jason and Parker!

Right at 200 on the scale..big girl...and stinkyyyyyy
Posted By: jaboy1219

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/08/17 02:58 AM

Parker and I had a great time, but almost FROZE!!! Lot's of hinds(several this size) and saw a HUGE aoudad, too! Shadams has a nice place and it was fun trip!
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/08/17 09:37 PM

aim
Is bow hunting possible..?????

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/09/17 10:41 PM

Yea one of the guys last year set up a tree stand. It was a little bit of a cluster as they were bunched up around the feeder but he finally got one separated. Not to mention I was lurking in the truck probably making things harder. This time I just dropped the guys off and came back 2.5hrs later. This hunt was perfect, (for what I am offering)they were out and on their way back home by lunch time. The bow hunt thing is def more of a hunt but is more time consuming for me personally.

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/21/17 04:05 PM

Two more down! Thanks Blake and Alex!

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/21/17 04:09 PM

Two more down! Thanks Blake and Alex!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Red Deer Hind hunts - 01/21/17 04:28 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum