Texas Hunting Forum

loading aoudad

Posted By: texas republic

loading aoudad - 09/03/15 04:01 PM

I recently captured 5 auoudad ewes and put them in a half acre holding pen that is high fenced. I am wanting to take them to auction soon, but am not quite sure what the best method of getting them into a trailer. They are not tame by any means. Any tips out there?
Posted By: don k

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 07:26 PM

All I can say is Good Luck. How did you catch them and pen them?
Posted By: WNPHNTR

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 07:38 PM

Just like cows or sheep. Get some panels and make a run using one side of the enclosure,have the trailer backed up to one end and slowly ease them into the funnel then close it behind them, then slowly push them down to the trailer.

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: WNPHNTR
Just like cows or sheep. Get some panels and make a run using one side of the enclosure,have the trailer backed up to one end and slowly ease them into the funnel then close it behind them, then slowly push them down to the trailer.
Have you ever messed with Aoudad? Slowly push them down to the trailer? I can't even do that with my Ibex and they are not wild.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
How did you catch them and pen them?

Me too. confused2
Posted By: Texas Tatonkas

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 09:59 PM

Haha yeah give this a shot then report back to us how it worked out for ya.
Posted By: therancher

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 10:11 PM

I'll pay money for the video.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 10:12 PM

Please video this rodeo popcorn
Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: loading aoudad - 09/03/15 10:24 PM

What is a aoudad EWE even worth. Couple hundred bucks?? What is your hospital bill going to be when you get all banged up by one. $10,000 ?? If it were me, I'd just open the gate & go fishing for the day.
Posted By: WNPHNTR

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 12:29 AM

No, I haven't ever dealt with aoudad, just cows and sheep for over 40 years, but dealing with them must be absolutely impossible from the sound of it, so why waste your time trying.
Posted By: rbw1

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 01:28 AM

Me 2 the last time I wrangled Audad was over twenty yrs ago and I still have the scars lol popcorn

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 01:45 AM

Personally, I'd just run'em down, put a choke hold on'em and chunk'em in the trailer.
Posted By: Jared Drzymala

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 02:02 AM

Dart them or with the right panels you can load them into a trailer
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 02:34 AM

Find you a wing net and lots of help.

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Personally, I'd just run'em down, put a choke hold on'em and chunk'em in the trailer.
I want the video of that.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 02:51 PM

Showoff

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 03:07 PM

My business is providing adventures. You're gonna have to fork over some serious bucks for that.

On a side note, someone on wildlife buyer is looking for a Nubian ibex billy .

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 03:47 PM

My business is providing adventures. You're gonna have to fork over some serious bucks for that.

Saw that. Only ones I have for sale are part Nubian. I have 3 pure bred but they are for breeding. Amazing what hybrid Ibex females are bringing this year. I don't think I have enough serious bucks to witness your adventure.
Posted By: Cast

Re: loading aoudad - 09/04/15 03:54 PM

Get REALKILLER to run them down for you.

Re: loading aoudad - 09/07/15 02:43 AM

Saw that. Only ones I have for sale are part Nubian. I have 3 pure bred but they are for breeding. Amazing what hybrid Ibex females are bringing this year. I don't think I have enough serious bucks to witness your adventure.

Thanks! I don't heal as quickly as I used to...
Posted By: texas republic

Re: loading aoudad - 09/21/15 02:05 PM

yeah. I tried to panel approach with the trailer backed up. They ran every which way except where the trailer was. May have to get the dart gun out. I originally caught them with a cellular trap gate in a tiny pen. The pen they are now in is way too large. lesson learned.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum