Texas Hunting Forum

recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland?

Posted By: the lab

recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 08/23/15 06:38 AM

I am wanting to get some recommendations on outfitters/ranches for either a nilgai or an eland next year. I have made several trips to Texas over the last few years for some of the "common"exotics. I have a couple hunts on the books for the end of this year, but I am starting to look for next year. I think I would like to hunt one of these two animals. Just would hate to "google search" it and roll the dice so to speak. As with most people price is an issue, but not the biggest. Looking for somewhere to see several animals and most of all want to hunt and spend time with good folks. Thanks in advance for any info.
Posted By: jhprice2

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 08/23/15 02:21 PM

therancher for eland
nilgai i would do free range its one of those animals that is worth the experience...personally for nilgai i would do the king ranch
at 850 per day and a 1100 trophy fee your looking at 1950 for your nilgai free range (most guys are done in a day from what I'm told unless you miss or extremely picky)
jason
Posted By: Redneck78

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 08/23/15 03:48 PM

Double Shot Outfitters for Nilgai. Contact Adam on here.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 08/24/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: jhprice2
therancher for eland
nilgai i would do free range its one of those animals that is worth the experience...personally for nilgai i would do the king ranch
at 850 per day and a 1100 trophy fee your looking at 1950 for your nilgai free range (most guys are done in a day from what I'm told unless you miss or extremely picky)
jason

x2 for therancher
Posted By: jrose

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/05/15 04:24 PM

Wasn't there a post on here with a lot of Nilgai hunts someone was promoting?
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/05/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Redneck78
Double Shot Outfitters for Nilgai. Contact Adam on here.
X2
Or King Ranch.

Foristerexotics.com has eland as well.
Posted By: Double Shot Outfitters

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/08/15 04:20 PM

We've got nilgai! Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. Click on the link to see trophy pics and more!

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5811757/Re:_South_Texas_Nilgai_Hunt!__#Post5811757
Posted By: 7m STW

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/08/15 04:25 PM

King Ranch for sure and you can get it done in a day or so with a big bull
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/09/15 10:18 PM

Id go with adam before king and ive hunted king. Yes you want just any bull you can get it done in a day, but you want a bruiser, try 2-3. They are also sticklers about staying on the high rack. I wanted to put a stalk on a hell of bull and they wouldnt let me do that. Passed on 3 young bulls 1st day and 2nd day. 3rd day got a nice bull but it wasnt the 2k in and out. Also, check with the guides out of port mansfield and baffin bay they are very reasonable and hunt off airboat in back fingers. Some of the best nilgai have been taken this way. Since anumals cost nothing th3 guides dont charge an arm and leg. Cant remember the guy but ive seen him bring in spectacular bulls on his airboat while fishing baffin. Plus normally they will do fishing too, cant beat baffin trout.
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/10/15 03:48 AM

Jorge, we need to go do the airboat hunt ASAP> Find that number.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/10/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Chunky Dunk
Jorge, we need to go do the airboat hunt ASAP> Find that number.

x2
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: recommendations for either Nilgai or Eland? - 09/13/15 09:24 AM

Ill track that fella down for yall. Unless halliburton can call me back soon, that aont gonna happen for a while! wink
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum