Texas Hunting Forum

big axis

Posted By: Mike Savoy

big axis - 02/28/15 12:10 PM

I have tried and tried to find the thread about that big axis that was in a refuge or park. Months back there was a thread about biggest axis you have seen. Anyone remember that one ?
Posted By: don k

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 01:13 PM

The biggest one I have seen on here was a picture by Elkhunter49
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 01:28 PM

Found it. It was the one that is from lost maples state park.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 02:16 PM

Don is correct, he is/was a great buck for sure Mike. I think I'd give up hunting Axis all together if I could have gotten to hunt him!!
I'll post the photos again for old time sake. Beautiful Animal, I got a lot of calls about that buck from as far away as the east coast and South America.
Not my best photos (he was about 125 yards away and on the move) but without a doubt he is the best Axis I have ever seen. Take Care, Baker

Posted By: BMD

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 02:23 PM

Awesome buck for sure.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 02:38 PM

A beast
Posted By: Temple

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 03:00 PM

WOW!!!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 04:46 PM

Hey Baker, my mom showed me these photos a few weeks ago. She said a guy she works with took them, I was ready to call BS so I asked her his name. Apparently you work with my mom. Small world.

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:05 PM

That is very cool, who is your mom? PM me if you don't want it on here. Yes sir it is a small world!!

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:15 PM

Gwen Kayda

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:26 PM

Yep I know Gwen and you both! Your mom is an awesome lady and I got to spend a week working nights with her just a few weeks ago! It's good to hear from you buddy! how are things going out there? Bev

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:28 PM

No, you know my brother Josh. I don't work out there, I'm with XOM.

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:29 PM

Things are the same though from what I hear. They're ready for the strike to be over so they can have some days off.

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:31 PM

Wow I thought it was Josh. Well it's good to meet you, tell your mom and Josh hello for me! It really is a small world. Baker

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Things are the same though from what I hear. They're ready for the strike to be over so they can have some days off.

Yea strike duty is tough and I really didn't want to get pulled into it but thats what happens sometime. We had a rough 10 days or so but kept things stable and even had a successful restart of one of the big units in the refinery!
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 05:36 PM

Wow. What a Magnificent Animal!!! scared
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
Wow. What a Magnificent Animal!!! scared
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: big axis - 02/28/15 10:48 PM

I'd ne happy with his sheds! clap
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: big axis - 03/01/15 10:12 PM

Biggest axis ive seen, i always love when this thread pops back up
Posted By: don k

Re: big axis - 03/01/15 10:19 PM

Poor ole Roland probably has night mares about this one. Probably wished he had never seen it. On the other hand it gives him something to shoot for because then you know they are out there.

Re: big axis - 03/01/15 10:51 PM

You speak the truth Don. I go Axis hunting several times a year and so far I've killed several very nice Axis but nothing like this guy! One place I go to I've become good friends with the ranch manager and owner. I know that both of them are tired of me pulling up the photo on my phone before we start hunting and telling them OK boys here is the target we are after today! So far I've not achieved my goal but I've sure had some fun trying!! I feel blessed to have seen him alive and in his element. Truly a magnificent animal and since I was able to get a few photos of him it keeps people from thinking I'm a liar when I describe him. Later Guys, Baker
Posted By: ericpecan

Re: big axis - 03/02/15 05:11 AM

And still alive OMG ! Night mare for sure .....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum