Texas Hunting Forum

ready to head out!

Posted By: JKC

ready to head out! - 09/26/14 02:00 PM

I am leaving Wednesday morning to go aoudad hunting with Mulie Mike, I took my stepson on a mgmt. aoudad hunt with him this summer and we saw several trophy rams, I knew I would be going back as soon as he had an opening. Tyler took a picture of one, through his spotting scope, that was beyond big and I would love to have an opportuniy at him. This is my fourth aoudad hunt with Mike among several other hunts I have done with him. Hopefully we will have some pics to post! Mike is a top notch outfitter and has become a good friend.
Posted By: 350ranch

Re: ready to head out! - 09/26/14 04:47 PM

Good luck out there. Hope you ground check the one he took the picture of. If I remember right I was there with yall at the same time and was with Tyler when the picture was taken. Hope to see pictures soon. I have also booked for a return visit with Mike and Tyler. They put on a great hunt and the only ranch I have been to is one on the Devils Rivers and this ranch has it going on as afar as a Aoudad Hunt.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: ready to head out! - 09/27/14 01:44 AM

Post pics when you get back and best of luck!!

I am booked for Jan and can't wait!
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: ready to head out! - 09/28/14 06:21 PM

Looking forward to it! Truck is already packed and ready to go. Headed to Phoenix for a few days
then coming straight back to go chase some big rams. They are rutting pretty good right now
Posted By: S Abbott

Re: ready to head out! - 09/28/14 09:44 PM

good luck

Re: ready to head out! - 10/15/14 03:40 PM

Well we got it done and as usual nothing was easy about it. As Mike always says, everytime you come out it's an adventure. We saw alot of good rams and did several stalks but they always seemed to give us the slip. Finally on the 3rd day around mid morning we saw a good one with a couple of ewes through the spotting scope. Mike was pretty sure which way they were headed but it would take a 20 minute ride in the truck and then a pretty good hike to try and cut them off. We got there and realized there were about 4 different draws they could have gone into so we just sat and glassed for about 45 minutes. Just about the time we were going to move on they appeared coming up out of one of the draws. Mike put the rangefinder on him and I got settled in to shoot. The shot was 502 yards and thanks to Mike's advice I was able to drop him with one shot. Thanks to Mike and Tyler for their efforts and hard work I had a successful hunt once again!!

Mike was going to post pic but I know he is in the field, I will be glad to email or text it to someone if you don't mind posting it.
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: ready to head out! - 10/15/14 03:54 PM

Congrats! Anxious to see the pics.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: ready to head out! - 10/18/14 05:21 AM

Ah! I don't have enough signal but can text to someone if they will post it for us as well
Posted By: txshntr

Re: ready to head out! - 10/18/14 05:36 AM

PM sent Mike

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pics up

Re: ready to head out! - 10/18/14 11:43 AM

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: ready to head out! - 10/18/14 09:44 PM

502 yards!! cheers What were you shooting? Great trophy!!!

Re: ready to head out! - 10/19/14 05:37 PM

300wsm 165 grain

Re: ready to head out! - 10/19/14 05:39 PM

Thanks for posting txshntr!

Re: ready to head out! - 10/19/14 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JKC
Thanks for posting txshntr!

cheers Anytime!!

Great ram!! Congrats up