Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt

Posted By: dustyG

Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 03:06 PM

Hi, all. My dad is coming to visit Jan-early Mar 2015 and we want to find a good west texas aoudad hunt. We'd like to keep it around $5500k for the both of us together. Any suggestions? The prices I've found online seem to vary wildly and I'm not sure why. He's getting older and I'll be moving out of state soon so we wanted to get this done this coming winter.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Posted By: don k

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 03:09 PM

I would think it kind of depends on how good of shape you and your Dad are in as to where and who you hunt with.

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 03:21 PM

We're both physically ready. I'm young and in shape, he's hunted elk out west in the mountains so he can handle the terrain. I think he's at the point where he's starting to slow down and that's why we want to do this now.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 04:22 PM

If your not against spot and stalk High Fence in central Tx give me a shout, we average 32" this year will a 33" ram taken a few weeks ago. $2800 each
Posted By: don k

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
If your not against spot and stalk High Fence in central Tx give me a shout, we average 32" this year will a 33" ram taken a few weeks ago. $2800 each
You probably could talk Jeremy down to the $5500 you want to spend for two Aoudad.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 04:51 PM

Depending on dates that may could work, thanks Don lol.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 07:21 PM

I have a new 45,000 acre ranch (free range) in the mountains of west Texas available for that time frame. I am very competitively priced
and offer high success rates with lots of references from this forum.

I can adjust the hunt to fit your budget.

www.westtexashuntorg.com

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 08:15 PM

Can you tell me which property we'd be able to hunt so I can check it out on your website?
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/28/14 08:17 PM

Its so new it is not on my website yet. I was only advertising in a few places to offer it to those hunters first.

Here is a link to the ad I have on this site
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...est#Post5263709
Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/29/14 12:04 AM

I will just say that having hunted Aoudad with Mike, you will have a good time. Mike's guides took me out and I got an Aoudad and Javelina and I was on crutches at the time. Could walk all over the place, but didn't matter. Was well taken care of and had a great time! Good luck!
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Looking for my first Aoudad Hunt - 08/29/14 02:12 AM

For the real west Texas experience , mulie Mike is your guy from what I have heard.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum