Texas Hunting Forum

Hunted Trophy Axis on Pamandan Ranch

Posted By: Noeule

Hunted Trophy Axis on Pamandan Ranch - 08/08/13 02:20 AM

My friend, Paul, and I hunted the Pamaandan Ranch north of Brackettville TX last weekend. The ranch is 1,600 acres that is high fenced on one side and low on the other. That gives you choices in opportunities and pricing. The hunt included lodging in a large doublewide trailer and guide service. Meals were not officially included but we were pleasantly surprised when Dan White cooked one breakfast and one excellent dinner for us.

As you probably know, hunting is part luck and part skill. I saw several trophy Axis buck and shot one. Paul only got a glimpse of a nice buck. Paul is an excellent and experienced hunter. He plans to go back and get his trophy later.

This ranch hunt is a full service deal. It includes lodging, guide, walk-in cooler, care of your game from field to ice chest. Dan White, our guide (not the owner) went out of his way to make us feel at home and give us opportunities to see game. All feeders were working and the stands are better than average.

I saw White-tail, Axis, Fallow, Ibex, Black Buck and turkey. It was very hot with temperatures rising to over 100 degrees. But, the wildlife are there 24/7/365 and Paul and I are nuts for hunting.

All the Axis buck I saw were hard horned. If you go, remember that Dan White works for tips. Your hunt fee goes to the ranch owner.

I would post pictures but I'm new to the forum and can't figure how to include pictures without giving a URL. You should be able to click one of the links below and arrow left or right to see pictures I posted in Photobucket.

Norm

[img:center]http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/NELenz/media/Pamandan%20Ranch/SAM_4238.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3[/img]
[img:center]http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/NELenz/media/Pamandan%20Ranch/NormsAxis1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9[/img]
Posted By: Temple

Re: Hunted Trophy Axis on Pamandan Ranch - 08/08/13 05:20 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the nice looking Axis, sounds like it was a very good hunt!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum