Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Elk in Rocksprings

Posted By: jashle

Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 03:17 AM

Looked what showed his face on the trail camera not 4 hours after I left the last weekend of hunting season and not 3 hours after I put in this chip.
Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 03:32 AM

Darn... that was a freezer full of prime eatin'. Not to mention the missed opportunity. Did he ever come back later, or was it just a 1 time showing?
Posted By: sheep_hunter

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 04:35 AM

heck of a free ranging find. up looks a little thin tho....
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 05:19 AM

Shoulda stayed, I agree with SH he needs to stay at the feeder for a while.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 05:55 AM

Had some show up at our place south of Ozona. Some stag too. Cant wait to see one in person. food
Posted By: TCB

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 12:34 PM

My buddy had a spike walk into his feeder outside Campwood several years back while we were bowhunting. Like a dingleberry he didn't take the shot.
Posted By: Kimber1911

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 01:12 PM

Awesome. I'd be heading back to go try to find that elk meat. That's some good eating there.
Posted By: Txnrog

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 02:08 PM

There are definately some around that part of the hill country. Bumpped into a few on our place out by Leakey.

Agree with the others, he looks like he's in pretty bad shape. Could be an old bull going down hill or just having a tough time. I'll be curious with these new transport rules if more don't get turned loose.
Posted By: HuntKill

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/22/13 04:38 PM

I wouldn't shoot him yet...too thin..basically he is starving....meat won't be as good as it can be
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/23/13 12:26 AM

Cool but he needs to eat
Posted By: hillbillyhoghunter

Re: Texas Elk in Rocksprings - 03/23/13 12:47 AM

There was a 5x5 killed on a ranch off of ranch road 674 two year ago. I was on the lease it was killed off of.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum