Texas Hunting Forum

n.m. hunts

Posted By: frito

n.m. hunts - 03/20/13 05:48 PM

is there any ranches north of el paso in new mexico that has oryx or auadad hunting on them. those tags are almost impossible to get.
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/20/13 05:53 PM

check with mulie mike on here...
Posted By: nick_adams

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/20/13 08:56 PM

It looks like you are in NM, so you would need an instate Oryx license, in addition to whatever you had to pay the landowner. For in state folks, I think the license fee is pretty reasonable.

For out of state guys looking to hunt oryx, even on private land, in NM, you have to buy the out of state license, which is over $1000 as I recall. (Again on top of whatever you have to pay the landowner.)

Anyway, one of my friends back there managed to get on an oryx hunt at one of Ted Turners ranches and had a really good time!
Posted By: falmike

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/20/13 10:22 PM

Check out White Sands Missile Range...especially if you are a Combat Vet and NM resident. If so, you get preference on a Oryx tag.

Mike
Posted By: Erny

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/21/13 12:58 AM

I went with Mike McKinney aka Mulie Mike a few weeks ago on a Ranch in New Mexico near El Paso. It was awesome. Trust me you will have a blast hunting true free range oryx.

http://m932.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/z24mike/Mixed%20Hunts/te4_zpse86b33cd.jpg.html?o=0
Posted By: Txnrog

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/21/13 01:12 AM

Since you get the cheaper in-state license, you have a huge leg up on the rest of us. The private land hunts I have seen aren't too bad, but the $1610 out of state license makes up for that. I'd pm Mulie mike - there are several ranches in the area that get transient oryx and can be had pretty reasonably on call
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/21/13 02:35 PM

Hey frito, I have Oryx and Aoudad on occasion in NM. Can set you up if interested. I know we talked before about some Texas stuff.
Posted By: frito

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/21/13 05:52 PM

thanks for the info
pm sent to mike. we did talk about texas. my two friends could not get away from their company so i'm alone and decided to try a litte closer to home. my wife doesn't want me to hunt alone. went javelina hunting near lordsburg. chased a group but took me six hours to find my truck. forgot my two gps's and cumpas in my truck. i told her that happens all the time to huntes.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: n.m. hunts - 03/21/13 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: frito
thanks for the info
pm sent to mike. we did talk about texas. my two friends could not get away from their company so i'm alone and decided to try a litte closer to home. my wife doesn't want me to hunt alone. went javelina hunting near lordsburg. chased a group but took me six hours to find my truck. forgot my two gps's and cumpas in my truck. i told her that happens all the time to huntes.

Not to all hunters all the time but it happens to all hunters at least once. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum